• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New Mexico Bowl: Colorado State vs. Washington State

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck happened? 45-30 under 6 minutes to go i jump in the shower and now checking bowl mania i see my 29 points gone???

Coug's did what they do best and lose a game they had in hand. CSU got it back to within 8 and all WSU had to do was grind down the clock to an easy win. They ended up fumbling on back to back plays. First one the QB was said to be down before the fumble, second one counted. CSU had a short field to get a TD on and scored. Then they scored 2 on the statue of liberty play that was first ruled down before the endzone and then was overturned. That left WSU with 33 seconds to get a score to avoid overtime. On the kickoff they fumbled it and gave it right back to CSU. they ran one play and ended up kicking a 40+ yard FG for the win.

Total and complete melt down.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be funny if it made sense. I'm guessing you are drunk? :noidea:

Maybe it's just my memory, but I remember you being a much better troll on cBS. What the hell happened to you? How did your stuff get to be so lame? :whistle:

You didn't like that? :noidea: I thought it was good! :nod: Now what I do remember about you over there and here is you are one big ass baby who brings nothing. Absolutely nothing to this type debate!

I brought up one thing about the PAC having a weak bowl schedule and we're still talking about it besides you getting personal and can't stick to the subject. Go back and see the names you called me or me you? Might learn something about yourself. :whistle:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I challenge you to find me an example of:

And your reply is we were pulling for them early? :laugh3:

You don't understand the written language much do you?

Show me where any pac poster is pulling their hair out over that loss. ALL of us have been laughing since it happened. Prove that wrong or just go crawl back under your fail rock where you belong. Really man, your shit is getting more weak by the post.

There is no team PAC. I did want WSU to win. I have friends and relatives who went there and normally soft pull for them when we aren't playing them, but I also don't get upset when they lose. EVER. Pulling for your conference teams so your team looks better is purely a SEC thing. You are so desperate to do so that you are pretrolling to cover in case SEC teams lose some of their bowls. That is the most pathetic form of team SEC I have ever seen.
Well, that's not entirely true. The guys on the Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC, etc.. boards, all pull for each other in OOC games and bowl games as well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's not entirely true. The guys on the Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC, etc.. boards, all pull for each other in OOC games and bowl games as well.

Well you don't see Pac, B1G, or Big12 fans doing it, so if you want to be on even ground with the Sun, C-USA, MAC, etc then I guess you are free to do so.

:suds:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is bowl season for you.

I turned it off once Wazzoo got the first down up by 8, 2 minutes to go, and CSU with no timeouts.

I don't know how you can lose a game like that....its almost impossible.

if you just literally take 3 kneeldowns, you probably win.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAC fans pulling for Buffalo:
Potato Bowl thread

Sun Belt fans pulling for ULL:
Come on UL - Kick their @$$!!!!!!

Notice the South Alabama fan referring to the conference as "we"? :dhd:

Could dig up other examples, but it's not really that important. I don't get into pissing matches and the thread has been derailed enough. Just wanted to point out that the thought of pulling for each other is strictly an SEC thing, is a myth.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is bowl season for you.

I turned it off once Wazzoo got the first down up by 8, 2 minutes to go, and CSU with no timeouts.

I don't know how you can lose a game like that....its almost impossible.

if you just literally take 3 kneeldowns, you probably win.

I still can't believe what I witnessed.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe what I witnessed.

I bet the over and turned it off when it came in with 12 minutes left in the 3rd. kinda pissed after seeing the highlights of what happened

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you don't see Pac, B1G, or Big12 fans doing it, so if you want to be on even ground with the Sun, C-USA, MAC, etc then I guess you are free to do so.

:suds:

Well, considering I've been an MTSU fan since they moved up to FBS, I will. I've just never understood why it bothers others so much. :noidea:

But I suppose it gives people something to bicker about, and people love arguing and drama. To each their own, I suppose.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly entertaining game. Really enjoyed watching it. And what a collapse by Wazzu.

Congrats CSU. That was awesome.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering I've been an MTSU fan since they moved up to FBS, I will. I've just never understood why it bothers others so much. :noidea:

But I suppose it gives people something to bicker about, and people love arguing and drama. To each their own, I suppose.

It doesn't bother anyone. We just point out to those who seem to want to make a whole conference comparison and do so with some reckless abandon that they look stupid doing it. Now saying 'we' and the other stuff you mention doesn't quite rise to the level of 'team SEC'. Pac fans will pull for each other, but we laugh our asses off when they lose and would ALWAYS rather see a rival lose vs caring over what that loss looked like to the 'conference'. Those in team SEC are seriously different in that regard.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's two years in a row I turned off the New Mexico Bowl early thinking it was over and missed a crazy finish.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother anyone. We just point out to those who seem to want to make a whole conference comparison and do so with some reckless abandon that they look stupid doing it. Now saying 'we' and the other stuff you mention doesn't quite rise to the level of 'team SEC'. Pac fans will pull for each other, but we laugh our asses off when they lose and would ALWAYS rather see a rival lose vs caring over what that loss looked like to the 'conference'. Those in team SEC are seriously different in that regard.

I don't believe we're on the same page. I was responding to the part about "pulling for your conference teams" being purely an SEC thing, and pointing out that fans from other conferences pull for each other as well. I wasn't giving examples of rivals pulling for each other, so sorry if that's how you interpreted it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking specifically to bamapee and his team SEC stuff and his assertion that the Pac fans were doing the same thing when clearly we were not. Sure, we all wanted to see WSU win. We gave them some words of encouragement and almost everyone does that unless they really have hate for the team. Where we diverge from team SEC is when WSU ended with the most embarrassing loss maybe possible we all laughed and couldn't give a fuck what it does to the image of the Pac. We are UW, not team Pac. I very much want Oregon to lose. I'd have been happy to see USC lose. I very much would giggle to see UCLA or Stanford lose. No team SEC member would do the same.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking specifically to bamapee and his team SEC stuff and his assertion that the Pac fans were doing the same thing when clearly we were not. Sure, we all wanted to see WSU win. We gave them some words of encouragement and almost everyone does that unless they really have hate for the team. Where we diverge from team SEC is when WSU ended with the most embarrassing loss maybe possible we all laughed and couldn't give a fuck what it does to the image of the Pac. We are UW, not team Pac. I very much want Oregon to lose. I'd have been happy to see USC lose. I very much would giggle to see UCLA or Stanford lose. No team SEC member would do the same.

And how is that any different than the SEC? I don't see any Bama fans pulling for Auburn. If it's not a team I truly hate (and there are only two), then of course I want them to win - I have no reason not to.

LOL it's funny, had a Bama fan said "sure, we all wanted to see Auburn to win", he'd labeled the biggest SEC, nut swinging homer ever.

And why would you pull for WSU, if you'd always rather see a rival lose? Boy, you're just all over the place. Have a drink and unwind a bit.

And are you really a wizard? Can work your magic and bring Tennessee to relevance again? That's after you finish with Washington, of course. I promise not to ever chant SEC again. :becky:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is that any different than the SEC? I don't see any Bama fans pulling for Auburn. If it's not a team I truly hate (and there are only two), then of course I want them to win - I have no reason not to.

LOL it's funny, had a Bama fan said "sure, we all wanted to see Auburn to win", he'd labeled the biggest SEC, nut swinging homer ever.

And why would you pull for WSU, if you'd always rather see a rival lose? Boy, you're just all over the place. Have a drink and unwind a bit.

And are you really a wizard? Can work your magic and bring Tennessee to relevance again? That's after you finish with Washington, of course. I promise not to ever chant SEC again. :becky:

I think I was pretty clear in how to distinguish team conference from being friendly toward your rivals. And I already said why I don't have the same feeling about WSU as I do our real rivals, Oregon. I would NEVER give words of encouragement to Oregon. I want them to lose every time they walk on the field. PERIOD. Many UW fans feel the same way about WSU, but most of us don't. I already told you I have friends and family that went there and don't mind watching them win their games for their benefit. Don't understand that? Well that's probably because you don't get the dynamic inside the Pac. We all have teams we hate more than others in our conferences don't we? Mine is Oregon and USC.

Where 'team conference' mentality comes in is caring how your conference stacks up against others. Conferences don't play games, teams do. Bama is still the better team of any in their conference and the Pac as well. At the end of the day it is teams that win championships, not conferences. There is no SEC trophy, only the teams within it. There are those that are obsessed with this conference thing to a point of illness.

I'm sorry if you don't get what I'm saying, but I'm always consistent with it and feel it is fairly straight forward to understand.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate is more worn out than the handkerchief Lou Holtz wipes the spit off his mouth with.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was pretty clear in how to distinguish team conference from being friendly toward your rivals. And I already said why I don't have the same feeling about WSU as I do our real rivals, Oregon. I would NEVER give words of encouragement to Oregon. I want them to lose every time they walk on the field. PERIOD. Many UW fans feel the same way about WSU, but most of us don't. I already told you I have friends and family that went there and don't mind watching them win their games for their benefit. Don't understand that? Well that's probably because you don't get the dynamic inside the Pac. We all have teams we hate more than others in our conferences don't we? Mine is Oregon and USC.

Where 'team conference' mentality comes in is caring how your conference stacks up against others. Conferences don't play games, teams do. Bama is still the better team of any in their conference and the Pac as well. At the end of the day it is teams that win championships, not conferences. There is no SEC trophy, only the teams within it. There are those that are obsessed with this conference thing to a point of illness.

I'm sorry if you don't get what I'm saying, but I'm always consistent with it and feel it is fairly straight forward to understand.

Long story short....

You're a conference homer when they win, and disavow them when they lose. :cheer2::plane:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short....

You're a conference homer when they win, and disavow them when they lose. :cheer2::plane:

Nope, but I'm not surprised you didn't understand something pretty easy to grasp. I expect that from team SEC. Have to defend your brothers behavior don't you?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ y'all still arguing the same old mantra. In this Game Thread no less. :L