• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New England Cheatriots vs Miami Dolphins Game Thread

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, maybe you guys should get separate locker rooms for your black players.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, maybe you guys should get separate locker rooms for your black players.

Do you, seriously, have nothing better to do than troll another team's board with inane/racist comments? I count FOUR trolling posts on just this one page! Serisously, dude ... take it back the Pats board where you belong. Stop being a child and STOP TROLLING!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the latest scenarios to get the Fins into the playoffs after the Chargers beat the Broncos last night.
San Diego’s upset of Denver last night could help the Dolphins if everything breaks right, but also could hurt them if the Chargers keep winning and Miami and Baltimore stumble down the stretch.

Miami, of course, would win a two-tie tiebreaker with San Diego and lose a two-team tiebreaker to Baltimore, based on head-to-head matchups.

A reminder on the remaining schedules for each:

Miami (7-6): Patriots, at Bills, Jets.

Baltimore (7-6): at Detroit, Patriots, at Cincinnati.

San Diego (7-7): home against Oakland and Kansas City.

Here’s how the three-team tiebreakers would break down:

### If the Dolphins and Baltimore both go 2-1 down the stretch and San Diego 2-0, then Miami would win a three-team tiebreaker only if one of Baltimore’s losses is against New England or Cincinnati. That’s because the Dolphins would finish with a superior conference record in that scenario.

If Baltimore wins both its AFC games in that scenario but loses to Detroit, Baltimore would win the three-team tiebreaker for this reason: The Dolphins and Ravens would finish with the same conference record, which would be better than San Diego’s under any circumstances. The Chargers then would be eliminated from the tiebreaker and Baltimore would earn the playoff berth based on its win against Miami.

### If the Dolphins and Baltimore go 1-2 down the stretch and San Diego 1-1, then the Ravens’ losses would need to come against the Patriots and Bengals for Miami to win the three-team tiebreaker. Miami would finish with the best conference record in that scenario.

Otherwise, Baltimore would win the tiebreaker.

### Though San Diego’s win last night could help the Dolphins if everything breaks right for Miami in a three-team tiebreaker, the concern is that the Chargers end the year with two home games and would claim the final playoff spot if they win both AND if Miami and Baltimore both go 1-2.

Read more here: How Dolphins' playoff scenarios shake out after Chargers' upset of Denver | Sports Buzz

Credit to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Ryan Tannehill (3,315) needs 185 passing yards to join Dan Marino & Chad Pennington as only QBs in Dolphins history to reach 3,500.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins injury report: Reshad Jones questionable - ESPN

Final injury report for tomorrow. Just about everyone is healthy and good to go tomorrow.

Did you notice how many players were on the questionable list for the Pats. It's probably gamemanship on Belichick's part. You can't gameplan against players if you are not sure if they are playing in the game. It's OK the Fins know that Brady is playing. Brady trusts Edelman the most so he'll probably be his WR of choice. Also, keeping RB Vereen from having a big game catching the ball will be a key to the game. He is a tough matchup. Also, the Fins will need to stop RB's Ridley & Blount from having good games running the ball. I like the Fins defense. I think they will play well tomorrow & pressure Brady like they did in the first half of the first game. I don't see the Fins' Dline getting controlled by the Pats which will make it harder for the Pats to run the ball. I think the Fins can run the ball against the Pats which should help the Fins passing game. I think TE Clay could have a big game. Also, the Pats will probably have a hard time covering Wallace.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Patriots are 31st vs. run and #Dolphins are coming off highest rushing total (181) of season vs. Pitt. MIA will certainly test NE's run D.

Via JamesWalkerESPN on twitter

If we stick to the running game we will run it down their throats and put them away early.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about the Cheatriots and their injury report that is why I didn’t make mention of it. We know Belicheat is a fraud and would not be as honest with is report as other coaches are/would be. Maybe after this game his injury report will get longer and more accurate - Maybe the Fins take care of Brady and take him out.

We just have to run the ball on offense. Get the play action going and let Clay and Wallace loose.

On defense we need to be disciplined with our tackling and bring the pressure. We need to be ready for screen passes to the RBs and WR as that is the type of bitch plays that the Cheatriots like to run and we struggle with. We do that and we will destroy them tomorrow.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will have Edelman, Amendola and Vereen as chief pass catchers Sunday. No Gronk, Thompkins, or Dobson.
This from Armando Salguero from the Miami Herald

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you, seriously, have nothing better to do than troll another team's board with inane/racist comments? I count FOUR trolling posts on just this one page! Serisously, dude ... take it back the Pats board where you belong. Stop being a child and STOP TROLLING!

Well, there's trolling and then there's making a point. It is as patently unfair for the Dolphins organization to be cast as racists as it is for The Patriots organization to be cast as cheaters. You guys should be embarrassed by this sophomoric thread title. Nobody knows the extent of Miami's administrative involvement with what happened between some players nor does anybody know how complicity Belichick ordered a camera dude to stand in the wrong place...a place that was legal just months earlier. Someone who holds another player breaks a rule but nobody considers that to be cheating...even though they're punished for it. Taping signals is not illegal and many teams do it. If that weren't true, I'd cop to cheating. Taping from the wrong place is breaking a rule. It's absurd to suggest that the Pat's win-loss record has changed significantly after '07 because of any of that crap. It's just a cheap shot to take in the absence of anything factual...and it's just stupid.

2007 16-0
2008 11-5
2009 10-6
2010 14-2
2011 13-3
2012 14-2

Show me where, as a result of us not taping from the wrong place, the significant drop off happened. Where are the 7-9 and 6-10 seasons? But for two dropped catches in two games you couldn't even use your thoughtless neener neener neener they-haven't-won-anything-since-spygate chant. So stop being so childish and I just may as well.

As for the game today:

Final injury report for tomorrow. Just about everyone is healthy and good to go tomorrow.

Must be nice.

If we stick to the running game we will run it down their throats and put them away early.

How'd that work out last time? or for any other team this year against the Pats for that matter?

I give Miami a real good shot at winning this one. Hope I'm wrong but from our extensive injuries to the sputtering first half offense, Pats can't expect to keeping blowing off the first half of each game. Wilfork is sadly missed. We could barely stop a high school run offense right now. We're gonna be forced to use Riddley more and he'll cough it up at least once. Tanny's playing well and you guys have an excellent defense. Good luck, hope there's no more injuries and I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2007 16-0
2008 11-5
2009 10-6
2010 14-2
2011 13-3
2012 14-2

Listing the Cheatriots record to try to make any kind of a point is a waste considering all the cheating they have done.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listing the Cheatriots record to try to make any kind of a point is a waste considering all the cheating they have done.

Lol!

(((Paolo's third grade reading teacher)))

She tried.

Now Paolo, how far from the stadium do your black players have to park?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you must be retarded so I won't bug you anymore.....do you not think that the Fins have other black guys on their team besides Martin? why haven't the rest walked out?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Defensive PI is in effect for the Fins but not Patsies. Typical so much for hoping....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another case of bad play calling hurt us I. 3rd down in last drive . If we can fix that , we destroy them

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to keep running miller on the perimeter to be effective nothing inside

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter the down and distance we can't give in ... We have to stay aggressive which we haven't done at all

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also need to roll Tanny out makes it too predictable if you don't once in a while. Nice punt Go D!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thigpen has to catch that and take the easy yards....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something the Fins seem to be doing, at least early on, is mixing up personnel and using different packages than usual… Execution is the only thing lacking so far.