• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New defensive coordinator

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good choice would be Luther Van Dam. He has been out of coaching for a while but He was the defensive coordinator for some real good Minnesota State teams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good choice would be Luther Van Dam. He has been out of coaching for a while but He was the defensive coordinator for some real good Minnesota State teams.

Nah I would pass on him.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Orgeron, just think how much that would piss of SC.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think they are going to promote from within, Orgeron could get hired but I think he is hoping to get a head coaching job somewhere but he is an excellent recruiter.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Orgeron, just think how much that would piss of SC.

You're underestimating how much he was liked here. We were sad to see him go. While SC fans would love to beat ND no matter what, they would be happy for Ed if he got a good gig even there. We here in LA are used to mixed emotions with many families with a kid or two at USC and another at UCLA or vice versa ( I know a few couples where the wife and husband are mixed)I do think he's looking for a head coaching gig somewhere .

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am throwing out my local high school football coach. We won the state championship. Gave up the least amount of points in state history in a single season, I believe 27 total points with about nine shutouts and went undefeated. Dino Heineymer for defensive co-ordinator. I am thinking big, real big. Just a thought.:laugh3: but I would settle for Ed Orgeron. That would make up for the Bush push- blatant cheating at that time- and sot of reverse that whole Bush payola Heismann scandal. Either would be good karma.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am throwing out my local high school football coach. We won the state championship. Gave up the least amount of points in state history in a single season, I believe 27 total points with about nine shutouts and went undefeated. Dino Heineymer for defensive co-ordinator. I am thinking big, real big. Just a thought.:laugh3: but I would settle for Ed Orgeron. That would make up for the Bush push- blatant cheating at that time- and sot of reverse that whole Bush payola Heismann scandal. Either would be good karma.

Not getting called for a penalty is cheating? LOL . I'm sure ND has never not been called for something right. If 180 lb RB can push a QB into the endzone past your defensive line I think you should blame them. But thanks for the laugh.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting called for a penalty is cheating? LOL . I'm sure ND has never not been called for something right. If 180 lb RB can push a QB into the endzone past your defensive line I think you should blame them. But thanks for the laugh.

I blame Leinart for fumbling out of bounds when Zbikowski lowered the boom on him at the the goal to stop him just before the push play.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Leinart for fumbling out of bounds when Zbikowski lowered the boom on him at the the goal to stop him just before the push play.

You blame Matt?lol. That's like blaming a team for those last second lateral fests to try to get a TD when there's no time left on the clock . You do what you can. I really doubt he had that play planned out and knew there would be one last play. It could have easily stayed inbounds and the clock could have run out or gone into the end zone for a touchback. Maybe you should blame Zibikowski for not wrapping him up. Makes about as much sense.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the "cheating" reference probably had nothing to do with the actual "push", it was regarding the fact that the guy who did the "push" should not have been allowed to play. That is where the cheating occured.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You blame Matt?lol. That's like blaming a team for those last second lateral fests to try to get a TD when there's no time left on the clock . You do what you can. I really doubt he had that play planned out and knew there would be one last play. It could have easily stayed inbounds and the clock could have run out or gone into the end zone for a touchback. Maybe you should blame Zibikowski for not wrapping him up. Makes about as much sense.

I'm assuming he was being sarcastic. Calm the fuck down.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really only kidding, if only the ball had stayed in bounds.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "cheating" reference probably had nothing to do with the actual "push", it was regarding the fact that the guy who did the "push" should not have been allowed to play. That is where the cheating occured.

Grasping at straws again .lol

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on subject. Diaco leaving to me is a good thing. I give him a lot of credit for turning our d around and getting some good players in here on D but it was time. I saw the D actually take step back this year and two things that concern me both are coaching issues in my view.

One issue this year was poor tackling that equated to big plays. Second issue was our d back play was poor majority of the year. At the start of the year I had our dbackfield as major plus for this D and it was just the opposite.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on subject. Diaco leaving to me is a good thing. I give him a lot of credit for turning our d around and getting some good players in here on D but it was time. I saw the D actually take step back this year and two things that concern me both are coaching issues in my view.

One issue this year was poor tackling that equated to big plays. Second issue was our d back play was poor majority of the year. At the start of the year I had our dbackfield as major plus for this D and it was just the opposite.

Over all I agree. I would say that Keivarre Russell was the lone bright spot this year. For the most part, teams attacked Bennett Jackson more than him, he was the surest tackler back there, and made some big plays, including a bone crushing hit on Agohlor to end the USC game. I don't think Agoholor wants anything to do with him the next two years. He'll request to line up on the boundary next year just to avoid him.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see John Chavis or Bud Foster if they could possibly be wrested away from LSU or Va. Tech. At the least I'd like to see someone who has that style, ala Dick LaBeau, aggressive and swarming to the ball even if they don't yet have the pedigree.

Has there been any word or a short-list yet?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over all I agree. I would say that Keivarre Russell was the lone bright spot this year. For the most part, teams attacked Bennett Jackson more than him, he was the surest tackler back there, and made some big plays, including a bone crushing hit on Agohlor to end the USC game. I don't think Agoholor wants anything to do with him the next two years. He'll request to line up on the boundary next year just to avoid him.

A couple of bright spots. Russell, J Smith, Fox was good and J. Jones. Safety play was really bad this year.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People at ND seem to think this will be a guy already here.