• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Changes

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First is the NFL changing the time that football games will start in London to "start at 1:30 p.m. local time". (but can't change time for west coast teams going east:bullshit:)

London NFL game to start early next season - ESPN

And the other I heard on PTI was coach Harbaugh talking about shricking the goal posts. Making it harder to kick field goals. I usually don't agree with anything from him (comes across as :bawling:) but here I 100% agree with him. When the NFL first started field goal kickers averaged around 50%, but in today's NFL its around 80 to 90%. Anyways thoughts?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is if it aint broke... don't fix it. I'm fine with the 10am/1pm starts in the NFL regardless of whatever direction the teams are heading in.

I have no comment regarding the London games. I don't like it and I probably will never.

As far as FG's are concern, we have to give credit where credit is due because quite frankly, I believe that kickers are more athletics nowadays.

Perhaps shrinking the FG posts will make the game more exciting by forcing teams to go for it more on 4th down in FG ranges because the chance is significant reduced. But I don't know, i think things are fine the way they are now.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind either move.

The time change makes sense, as it makes the game more accessible for the fans attending the game. It doesn't create an advantage either team per se, as ECT will start at 9:30 am local time while WCT will start 6:30 local time. Not exactly what has been done to either coast's teams.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the early start time for the London game. I'm actually with Cloud on that as I hate the London games and wish they would stop. But that's obviously not gonna happen. I just hope the Seahawks never have to play a game over there.

As for the goal posts, I'd like to see those remain unchanged. Field goals are fine as they are now IMO.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Cloud in thinking that the idea behind decreasing the width between the goal posts would be to force teams to be bolder in their play-calling in field goal range and I'd be fine with that.

The only reason the London games are still happening is that there are still enough teams willing to give up home games because their home attendance is horrible. I think the Bills might be the only team willingly giving up home games to play abroad in front of smaller crowds than they'd get actually playing at home. Has there been a team that historically draws well at home that has willingly given up a home game to play in London or Mexico or wherever? I doubt the Seahawks would do it. They draw too well at home.