• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Bracketology 2-17-14

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I'm still doubtful about Okie State, because I've seen a number of their games, and that last one against Texas was about as bad as it gets. Still, guess they can get hot.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer years like this. I dont like years where there is one clear cut favorite to win the title and then that team steamrolls the field and wins it. A perfect mix for me in the Final 4 is 2 1 seeds, 1 2/3 seed and 4/5/6 seed from major conference that gets hot and makes a run. Those are the most exciting years. I love a nice run by a mid major but I dont really want one in the FF ( sorry Butler/VCU/George Mason/Wichita)

A great point, the best MM years include a good mix 1-5 seeds. Who wants a year with four one seeds? I like a good representation of the power conferences, give me a ACC, B1G, SEC, PAC 12 etc mix up at the FF and I tend to be happy, and no thanks on the mid-major as well.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I'm still doubtful about Okie State, because I've seen a number of their games, and that last one against Texas was about as bad as it gets. Still, guess they can get hot.

As someone else said they need a win tonight at Baylor to set them up nicely. I am pretty doubtful as well, after watching a few games of when they play their best and worst, I can certainly see them not get in, but with how they started off it would be a disappointment for them not to get a bid.

Tonight's game is big for them, they have to play with a fire under their ass, up 16-12 10:20 left.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess you're a moron.

After this week when they beat UCF and #11 Louisville they'll most likely be ranked 5th in the country. You have them as a 4 seed.

Do you see why this is stupid now?

And if they do that I'll adjust accordingly. Numerous projections have them as a 4 seed. Not that I base it off of other people, but just an FYI. I'm sure they will be a 3 seed in the next one if they take care of business.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess you're a moron.

After this week when they beat UCF and #11 Louisville they'll most likely be ranked 5th in the country. You have them as a 4 seed.

Do you see why this is stupid now?

Citing rankings (AP & Coaches) is one of the most clueless arguments for seeding that there is. Based on the AP, Wisconsin is the last 4 seed, and with the Coaches they would be a 5. Yet there is no way they are anything lower than a 3. Not to mention, your argument includes wins that haven't happened yet? Seriously?

15 of your wins have come against teams outside the top 130 RPI, and only one is against the top 30. They're either a low 3 or a 4 seed.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Citing rankings (AP & Coaches) is one of the most clueless arguments for seeding that there is. Based on the AP, Wisconsin is the last 4 seed, and with the Coaches they would be a 5. Yet there is no way they are anything lower than a 3. Not to mention, your argument includes wins that haven't happened yet? Seriously?

15 of your wins have come against teams outside the top 130 RPI, and only one is against the top 30. They're either a low 3 or a 4 seed.

The committee is not going to have the 5th ranked team as a 4 seed. Don't be ridiculous.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee is not going to have the 5th ranked team as a 4 seed. Don't be ridiculous.

In 2002 they gave the 6th ranked team a 6 seed. Basing your argument because of rankings is ridiculous.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2002 they gave the 6th ranked team a 6 seed. Basing your argument because of rankings is ridiculous.

And who was that? Were they in a conference that has 5 tourney teams? 5 ranked tourney teams?

Give all the facts. Don't give me some nonsense from 14 years ago. You damn well know that the #5 Cincinnati Bearcats will not be a 4 seed. Don't be ridiculous. You're just trolling now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who was that? Were they in a conference that has 5 tourney teams? 5 ranked tourney teams?

Give all the facts. Don't give me some nonsense from 14 years ago. You damn well know that the #5 Cincinnati Bearcats will not be a 4 seed. Don't be ridiculous. You're just trolling now.

K the committee doesnt even look at rankings at all. They also dont look at what conference you are in ( of course being in a good league helps your RPI and SOS but they dont actually look at your league affiliation ). The metrics they use currently have the Bearcats at anywhere from the 12th-17th best team in the country with an average ranking of 14.5. That puts them at a 4 seed RIGHT NOW. If Cincy handles business the rest of the year they will be a 2 or 3 seed IMO but their resume just really isnt that great right now, its pretty similar to Ohio States actually except OSU has better SOS and better wins while Cincy has a better record and no bad losses. Id put those 2 teams right next to each other on the S curve.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K the committee doesnt even look at rankings at all. They also dont look at what conference you are in ( of course being in a good league helps your RPI and SOS but they dont actually look at your league affiliation ). The metrics they use currently have the Bearcats at anywhere from the 12th-17th best team in the country with an average ranking of 14.5. That puts them at a 4 seed RIGHT NOW. If Cincy handles business the rest of the year they will be a 2 or 3 seed IMO but their resume just really isnt that great right now, its pretty similar to Ohio States actually except OSU has better SOS and better wins while Cincy has a better record and no bad losses. Id put those 2 teams right next to each other on the S curve.

While you can say they don't look at the rankings the rankings kinda bear out how good the team and conferences are. You're picking gnat shit out of pepper.

UC and OSU aren't even close. That's ridiculous. tOSU stinks. This is getting absurd now.

We could argue all day. Let's not. We'll agree to disagree.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One problem with that argument. Cincinnati isn't fifth. I don't think you get how bracketology works, you seed teams based on their current resume. Any team could say "Oh well we'll move up 5 spots in the rankings next week so we should be seeded higher". Cincinnati has already lost to 2 teams lower in the RPI than Louisville, so using that on your resume is a joke. If Cincinnati wins out, they'll be a 2 seed.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem with that argument. Cincinnati isn't fifth. I don't think you get how bracketology works, you seed teams based on their current resume. Any team could say "Oh well we'll move up 5 spots in the rankings next week so we should be seeded higher". Cincinnati has already lost to 2 teams lower in the RPI than Louisville, so using that on your resume is a joke. If Cincinnati wins out, they'll be a 2 seed.

They'll be 5th next Monday. They're 7th currently.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LOL @ a win @ Louisville being "a joke."

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LOL @ a win @ Louisville being "a joke."

I wasn't talking about the win @Louisville, that's obviously a good win. I was saying that counting the win against Louisville this week, before the game happens, is a joke. Which it is.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about the win @Louisville, that's obviously a good win. I was saying that counting the win against Louisville this week, before the game happens, is a joke. Which it is.

They're undefeated at home this season. They already beat Louisville at their place. I'd say it's a lock they beat them this Saturday.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're undefeated at home this season. They already beat Louisville at their place. I'd say it's a lock they beat them this Saturday.

I'l bet you vcash that Louisville beats you this week.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help! somebody....

Surely someone here has.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a very good chance you guys beat Louisville. My point still stands though, that trying to say that your seed was low because of wins that haven't happened yet is ridiculous. If you guys win out, you'll be a 2, so I wouldn't be that worried about it.