• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Big 10 schedule question

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Iowa is our "thanksgiving game" every year now. Nebraska will no longer play the day after thanksgiving. That game is scheduled for saturday the 26th. Does that matter to anyone?

It doesn't matter to me when we beat up on Iowa.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEE Ohio State University should be your only concern once arriving in the Big 10. :D

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them change it to the day after thanksgiving.... I don't know if they got that far yet... I'm sure all it would take is for Dr. Tom to call the Iowa AD, and if the Iowa AD said that will work, I'm sure Delaney would be on board with it.....

I would be sad if we didn't play on the day after thanksgiving, there aint shit else on tv that day....

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't have come out with these dates if they weren't talked about by the teams involved.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably talked about who played who..........

They talked about who played who, what week......

But I don't know if they would have talked about a situation like this.......

Hell, we may have a thursday night game with Wisconsin for all we know at this point....

TV changes dates all the time....

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, If Nebraska wanted to play it then....... Iowa and the Big Ten would be stupid to say no........

It's MAJOR National Exposure....

I hear many fans from the east and west coast say they watch Nebraska-Colorado every year...............

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really would like a Black Friday football game please...I love that day after thanksgiving game...Your relaxed from a previous day of eating good food and you got a ton of left-overs so you just sit around and watch Nebraska play football...I really hope they keep that Friday game..

A Thanksgiving day game your competing with NFL games, and texa$ vs TAMU.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably talked about who played who..........

They talked about who played who, what week......

But I don't know if they would have talked about a situation like this.......

Hell, we may have a thursday night game with Wisconsin for all we know at this point....

TV changes dates all the time....

Delaney has leaned on Osborne on a few things during this process and has talked to everyone on what they wanted for this new schedule. You would think this would be a big thing that Osborne would have brought up. If so then I can't see any way they would have put that date on that game. That had to have been talked about and conceded by Nebraska.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, he may have told Tom "we can talk about that later, but lets get this rolling".........

They don't have any divisional tiebreakers- etc...... I wouldn't worry about a number next to a game....

I'm just saying- It may not be 100 percent set in stone that it will be on the 26th... even though the number is there.....

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the scheduling is amazing how they came up with it. Man, the schedule is tough next year. I can't tell you all how excited I am for next year to come. The friday game would be nice.....but....Iowa on Saturday is more exciting than a struggling Colorado team on Friday.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have another idea about the saturday game. I think the big teN network is thinking HUGE double header (Neb v Iowa) and (Ohio ST v Mich) as kind of a possible playoff to the championship game. I could see the winner of both games going to play for the championship (If we beat Michigan every year).

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have another idea about the saturday game. I think the big teN network is thinking HUGE double header (Neb v Iowa) and (Ohio ST v Mich) as kind of a possible playoff to the championship game. I could see the winner of both games going to play for the championship (If we beat Michigan every year).

I understand what you mean, but I think some may get confused cuz you mention ohio st vs michigan and then right after "as kind of a possible playoff....." With Michigan and Ohio St in the same division there is no playoff atmoshpere to that....

There deffinatly could be a possible playoff atmosphere to Iowa vs Nebraska.

Ohio St Michigan could possibly affect that also....

I could see it happen where, Nebraska vs Iowa winner goes to championship game if Ohio St wins..........

Or I could see Michigan goes to championship game if Iowa wins......

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you mean, but I think some may get confused cuz you mention ohio st vs michigan and then right after "as kind of a possible playoff....." With Michigan and Ohio St in the same division there is no playoff atmoshpere to that....

There deffinatly could be a possible playoff atmosphere to Iowa vs Nebraska.

Ohio St Michigan could possibly affect that also....

I could see it happen where, Nebraska vs Iowa winner goes to championship game if Ohio St wins..........

Or I could see Michigan goes to championship game if Iowa wins......

i do agree with you..i should have thought it out better

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think from a tv perspective a Friday game would be better. I am sure it will be considered, I don't think Saturday is set in stone.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have the tie breakers out.

More than 2 teams tied is head to head with those teams. Then it goes to divisional record and then it is a BCS component.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this lil nugget, while I was going to npse........
From Big Red Said......
The game dates are set to a point, but can be changed to accommodate games of interest!

Have to love how all this looks. Talk about someone who wins the Big Ten going to BCS Championship game! With this type of schedule for Big Ten teams, it should be a no Texaser, I mean no brainer. LOL

Go Big Red