• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too early - The Virginia Tech Game (vs. Cincinnati) @ FedEx Field

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic tailgate and Cincinnati just don't go together. I'll probably go to this game since I live in Northern Virginia, I'm alot less motivated to go. And I don't see the tailgates for this game being better than USC and/or Boise St.

Well... this is by far the most inaccurate post in this thread.

PsSoa.gif

You need to get your shit together man. Really.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plan to be there. I have a 120 day deployment starting Oct 8 so it'll be my last VT game until 2013 :(

Oh and that means no info or posts from Oct-Feb.

Eh? Elaborate my friend. And no matter what, be safe.

As far as the game, I may try and make it. Went to USC / Boise games. So it would be nice to spend the $$ and see us win there for once lol.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh? Elaborate my friend. And no matter what, be safe.

As far as the game, I may try and make it. Went to USC / Boise games. So it would be nice to spend the $$ and see us win there for once lol.

Can't really say much more other than its a 120 day OCONUS deployment. Been there before, but not this long.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordered my tickets last night. Section 220. GO HOKIES!!!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cincinnati might not be as storied a program, but they're decent, and more importantly, it's THE HOKIES IN FEDEX on a Saturday!!!

I don't see why the tailgates would suffer.

I've been to the last two games against Cincinnati and they both were boring as hell. Luckily I was in Blacksburg and Miami so I was able to enjoy myself, but the game itself is not going to be anywhere close to USC or Boise St.

And pro stadiums suck as venues IMO, especially FedEx. Concessions are even more expensive than normal college games. Tailgating should be fun, but won't be anywhere near the level it was for the previous two FedEx games. And after the game there's no bar scene around FedEx to go to really. Honestly, I'd prefer to play the game in Blacksburg and drive 4 hours to watch it than to drive 45 minutes to FedEx.

Well... this is by far the most inaccurate post in this thread.

PsSoa.gif

You need to get your shit together man. Really.

I don't see anything wrong with what I said. I buy season tickets, but don't feel like paying inflated ticket prices at a pro stadium to go see some mediocre team play. It doesn't matter anyway because my roommate from Tech is getting married that day so I wont' be going.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the price range? And where did you order them from?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

indiana_hokie_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know where the virginia tech students will be setting. I'm looking to buy tickets and be as close to them and not cincinnati fans.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably lower level endzone

indiana_hokie_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i figured it would be in the south end zone but since we are the visiting team this year i didn't know if it would still be in the same place.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've revived this thread to apologize... if the Living Social deal for a free manicure, a Quiznos sub and lower level ticket all for $15 is any indication, Hokie Nation has decided to punt.

This is the least pumped I've ever seen the DMV Hokies in prep for a Fedex tailgate. We're in serious danger of being out tailgated by fucking Cinncy. Someone... anyone... get in this thread and tell me I'm wrong.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've revived this thread to apologize... if the Living Social deal for a free manicure, a Quiznos sub and lower level ticket all for $15 is any indication, Hokie Nation has decided to punt.

This is the least pumped I've ever seen the DMV Hokies in prep for a Fedex tailgate. We're in serious danger of being out tailgated by fucking Cinncy. Someone... anyone... get in this thread and tell me I'm wrong.

Nope, you're 100% correct. We shouldn't play crappy matchups at Fedex, because the matchups are the only redeeming quality. Fedex sucks.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just sent a scathing email/letter to the new leadership of Tankbus -

Here's a few important excerpts that I think we should all contemplate as we, in vain, try to make this a memorable tailgating experience on Saturday:

Dear Tankbus Board of Directors,

I must share with you my disappointment and concern about the performance of Tankbus LLC, and its subsidiaries (Tankbus Entertainment, Housing & Brewery; Tankbus Legal Consulting and Bail-bondman Services; Tankbus 24-Hours-or-less Signature Roadservice; and TankbusChristianMingle.com) in the early stages of the 2012-13 Virginia Tech Football Season. Below is my open letter to you, upper management and all shareholders of TKVT stock therein.

To Whom it May Concern,

What the fuck happened to you? No seriously. What. THE FUCK. Happened. To you? Look at the GD'ed calendar. What's it say? It says Monday, September 24th, 2012. Why is that significant? It's less than six days away from another Hokie Away (read: HOME) Game at Fedex Field. And where are you right now?

Missing in fucking action.

I don't need to waste my time reminding you all of what once was, but afford me the courtesy to do so as briefly as I am able. Previous Fedex Field Tailgates set the industry standard for college football tailgates. The 2004 USC vs. Virginia Tech tailgate still lives on in our hearts and memories to this day. For example, this photo still hosted on CollegeHumor.com of our legendary 2004 tailgate:

collegehumor.871ec9639a1756105596ee39db4b0951.jpg

Just the thought of that sweltering, unholy carnival of Hokie merriment, camaraderie and alcohol abuse is enough to warm us through the cold winter months of November, December and January as we lament another season of failed bubble screens, broken read options and the inadequacy of TEs turned to OLs. Some have called 2004 the perfect storm of backasswards planning and luck. They are probably right. It was the first of its kind and the first Fedex Hokie Festival, it was the game to begin the season, it was against a highly-regarded opponent, and it all happened when we were still (relatively) young enough to truly enjoy it. Looking back at the arrangements - A school bus filled WELL over legal capacity of over-served (both coming and going) Hokie revelers who traveled to the heart of PG county to meet an equally unprepared, rag-tag group of tailgaters in the Green Lot (complete with a 1972 Ducati dirt bike that hadn't run since 1972 to fill a parking spot as minimally to provide provide a much-needed collection area for tailgate casualties while abiding by the Fascist parking rules of Fedex Field and a block of ice that my father mistakenly purchased "to keep the kegs cold" that would unwittingly start a Tankbus tradition). On paper, it shouldn't have worked. But it did. Oh my, oh my did it work. And it worked again in Atlanta... legal issues aside... and it worked again at Fedex Field vs. Boise State... defensive troubles aside.

These shinning moments of true tailgate achievement are what bring us back each and every year. These moments transcend what most people can see with their eyes when they look upon Hokie Nation before a football game. We aren't just drinking, grilling and listening to music. We redefine what is possible... what is legally allowable... or what is even a good idea considering the risk/reward of the intended action. These times must be honored. These traditions must be carried on... or all that once was... will be for nothing.

So... look at those calendars again. Six short days away from another Hokie Football game at Fedex Field. I pray that the Tankbus glory days aren't behind us. Times have changed, I'll admit. Many of us are now married. Yes. Cincinnati deserves as much attention as Honey Boo Boo. Yes. Tickets are cheaper than the beer served inside the stadium. Yes. It's a 3:30 game. Understood.

BUT GENTLEMEN, HEAR ME! This does not excuse us from throwing the most epic and legendary Fedex Tailgate that most of the early parts of the Bible (and all of the Koran) warned us never to attempt for fear of divine retribution! Read the words you yourselves painted proudly on Tankbus herself - "FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD".

Tell me now. Are the actions taken in preparation of this game the actions of bold men?

I say not.

But it is not too late. We are waiting.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proof, we'll be using the same RV we did for the Boise game, and have a DJ this time. I would say 4 and 7 are accounted for. 5 and 6 are givens.

ck, let's get this rolling. Tankbus crew just got off their ass and announced this:

Tankbus will be leaving Arlington at 10:15am and arriving at Fedex Field at 11am, where it will assume a strut hot enough to make a nun faint in the Bus/RV lot (appropriately colored maroon: Redskins.com | Parking & Directions).

Would be cool to set up together again. Sent you a PM with my contact info.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit you back. We ended up getting buses this year and I'm not sure what lot we're in yet. Would be down to see if we could hook it up again though.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to update all of you pissy little cunts planning to miss this game...

ckhokie and I are trying to combine forces... if plan A comes together that means we'll have -

• A battalion of 300 drunk Hokies
  • An Ice Luge
  • Enough hooch to drown Robert Downey Jr. (pre-1998) and his entourage
  • Sluts
  • Hos
  • A couple of dignified ladies
  • A TV for football power hour
  • A megaphone to remind Cinncy fans of their inadequacies before our team demonstrates them
  • The nuts

Your tailgate and any tailgate you've ever been to sucks the taint of our tailgate.

Yea. I said it. Fucking Hokie up board. Where the fuck you at?

#YOLO #GODSBASKETBALLCONFERENCE #TEAMJACOB

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there. Plan on getting there around 11 am with a cooler full of beer. My old man wants to swing by the Deke tailgate, but I'll see if I can get over to you guys. Hit me up with a cell phone so I can locate your drunk asses.