• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need of a coaching change

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions Gab: Coaching staff's inability to adjust costing team | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

This a great article from a blogger. Within Bleacher report via FREEP... Not big on BR but do read it still. The second half of the article is exactly why I feel he needs to go. Schwartz did nothing to resolve the turnovers. Made no attempts to adapt to weather in Sundays game. It worked in first half why adjust is the thought process IMO.
The other thing I read is a former scout said it was best job available....This made me think, usually a new coach means a rebuild. This team has talent and a few holes. IMO it needs a mentality change. I felt Jim installed a winning attitude. Maybe I was wrong, if this guy is right. That the players are losing some these games with the mistakes of TO's and penalties and such. There is no accountability and that falls on the coaches.
So when I read the "same old lions" comments. With this coaching staff it is.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look aver the last 2 years I think there has been 2 games total that the Lions have not had the lead, or an opportunity to take the lead in the 4th quarter. The Lions become predictable and easier to stop on offense, and our defense becomes easier to beat as the game goes on. This year especially the 4th quarter of games has been horrible. To me that comes down to 3 things. The other team is able to make adjustments better than we are. The Lions get way too conservative late in games. The Lions dont have the endurance or stamina late in games that other teams do.

The main fix to those types of problems all come down to coaching. Factor that in with stupid penalties, and the biggest problem in Detroit becomes clear to me. From Mayhew down to the position coaches would be fired if it were up to me. At a very minimum Scwartz and the coordinators should be gone. And I think they will be. At this point I dont even think winning the division should save them. Thats not enough. This division should have been clinched by now. Rather than hoping for the playoffs we should be talking about whether or not to rest CJ. I put the blame for this almost entirely on the coaching staff. I believe that any half way decent coaching staff would be winning far more than barely .500 with this team.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K.C. Chiefs were 2-14 last year, In steps Andy Reid and BooYaaH!!!!! Enough said about coaching. Plenty of talent on this team, not enough of good coaching...

Same can be said for Pete Carrol and the Seahawks Mediocre or crappy for years and years.....Pete Carroll steps in and Booyaah!!!!!!

This is a coaching problem not a talent problem the Lions have.

These coaches get results fast.....It took Reid one summer to have that team in the running, hell Carroll took the hawks to playoffs at 7-9 his first year and Beat the Saints in the first round....

Schwartz is on what? Year 4.......Kinda funny it took Andy Reid 6 month with Alex Smith at QB.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look aver the last 2 years I think there has been 2 games total that the Lions have not had the lead, or an opportunity to take the lead in the 4th quarter. The Lions become predictable and easier to stop on offense, and our defense becomes easier to beat as the game goes on. This year especially the 4th quarter of games has been horrible.

Yep. In 4 of the Lions 6 losses, they've had a 4th quarter lead.

K

kengel6

Maybe Shanny might want the Detroit job. It would be a 10,000 % improvement over Jimbo and his band of bozo's.