• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need help with driving?

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone....i am slicing off the tee box like i have never before! Tried working on slow take back, dont take it out to in,fix grip...but i feel like im not getting hips etc around with swing. I feel like the weight is staying back!!Any tips would be helpful....thanks.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop gripping the club so damn hard.. release the head at impact.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone....i am slicing off the tee box like i have never before! Tried working on slow take back, dont take it out to in,fix grip...but i feel like im not getting hips etc around with swing. I feel like the weight is staying back!!Any tips would be helpful....thanks.

Try a little hesitation in your transition from the backswing to the downswing. You can do this by purposely making your first move forward with your hips and then letting your arms follow. Good luck.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is an actual "slice" then I agree with SNFL. Make sure it is a slice and not a push though. A "push" is going to be swing path related, and a "slice" is going to be club face related. Does it start off right and then just keep going in that direction? If so then you are pushing the ball - not slicing. Or, does it start off relatively straight and then curve right? This is a slice - and the issue is strictly club face.

If you've just begun slicing it, then I am not a big fan of messing with your grip. If you used to hit it straighter with the grip you have, then messing with your grip is just a bandaide. I am, however, in favor of working on your grip pressure. Relax the hands, both at address and most importantly at impact.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not that great (blind leading the blind...lol) but I don't slice anymore...with lessons I actually turned a slice into a hook.

While it wasn't quite as simple as I'm going to say to but the message was exactly what I got...try to hook the ball....that was my 1st lesson...with that thought and nothing else, he watched me hit about 10-15 balls. Then he stepped in...tweaked my grip, ball position...hit another 10 balls or so and I hitting a push fade (starting right with a slight fade)....by lesson #2 I was turning it over.

Try to hit a hook.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for tips...heading out now,wish me luck

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot 84....only sliced a couple,thanks for relaxing hands tip,worked wonders. Also turned right hand more inward.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I walk up to the tee box...I have 1 thought in my mind. "Stay under the ball". Basically means at the top of my back swing I want swing from the "inside out" rolling my wrists thru impact. Do that and you "draw" a golf ball. Slicer problems are because they swing "over the top" on their down swing. Thus my 1 thought of "Stay under the ball and swing inside out". Tough thing to do as it is not natural...swinging "over the top" is more natural.

GL2U on your next round...Remember it was Mark Twain that once said, "Golf is a good walk spoiled."

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot 84....only sliced a couple,thanks for relaxing hands tip,worked wonders. Also turned right hand more inward.

Great...maybe these guys can fix my GIR problems...10 one round, 4 or 5 the next! I'd be thrilled with a consistent 9/10 per round...then I think 70s might be realistic.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great...maybe these guys can fix my GIR problems...10 one round, 4 or 5 the next! I'd be thrilled with a consistent 9/10 per round...then I think 70s might be realistic.

The funny thing about missing greens, if you are not a person who practices, is that it will improve your game and your score. The more greens you miss, the more "practice" you get with your short game. You then start to get up and down occasionally in addition to the greens you do hit and your score goes down. Seems counter-intuitive but it is true. Check it out sometime and see if you don't agree.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have trouble breaking 90 right now so the best advice I could give you is
gunga gulunga

have a couple of cans of aiming juice before each round, and then a few more during the round.