• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nebraskas run d sucks on ncaa11

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i started a dynasty, and i was playing Idaho, i was in a hurry so i decided to sim a few defensive plays, i was also up by 30, but when the computer did the simulation, they could never run against me, never moved the ball, but they killed me with the quick dump passes across the middle?

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have not had a problem with our defense...In fact...I am 4-0 so far about to play Kansas State and I have only allowed 6 pts all season...2 FGs in two different games. Western Kentucky put up 3 on me and Washington put up 3 on me..The rest have been shutouts..Our defense so far is the best D I have played with so far.

Our defensive line is amazing.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing with the d in the base 4-3 yes I have hagg at OLB and so far I've been able to shut the running game down I do a lot of blitzing with the backers and shift the line and line backers around a lot. I've never had a team so far rush for over a 100 yards I also use a lot nickel packages and blitz a lot.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when playing option teams i used the 4-2-5
with LBs as hagg and, forgive me i forgot which LB it is with 90 speed

but then you are essentially in a 4-4 with your LBs being Austin Cassidy Eric Hagg the LB with 90 speed and PJ Smith

a lot of speed, but if the person changes their mind at the last second and picks wisconsin, youre screwed because thats a good up the gut running team

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember Pelini's defense is "bend but don't break".

The stats show this..

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why i stay with the base 4-3 and place Hagg at OLB this gives you enough power to go along with speed on defense. I don't use Hagg in nickel defense gomes is my 5th dback. Still like my two linebackers out there on defense.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play on heisman...havent given up more than 50 rushing yards in a game...average just under ten a game, which is about the same I put up on past games. The only thing I have had to change is the player I pick. I have used the MLB on every football game I played, but with the changes on speed and accel, I can't keep up anymore, unless I put Hagg in. I switched to using the DE. Apparently they made changes, because before I could NEVER get a sack controlling the DE, but I just finished the Texas game, and have 14 sacks with Pierre Allen, had 7 vs KSU ;)

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note...my xbox I bought on the first shipment to lincoln, the absolute original, finally died :( Will be buying the new version...and have to start my dynasty over...

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have always played with the DE....A cheap thing to do is be the RE or LE and before the CPU hikes the ball shift the line to the far side and overload the hell out of that side..So take shift your line to the left, and take your RE and move him to the far side of the line on hte left side and just rush that QB...I usually pick up a lot of sacks.

And when you overload that side, to be safe incase of a run to the weakside just shift your LB core to the right side. They usually only pick up 2 yards.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just line up directly in front of the lineman. If you get the timing down, which I have, swim move or bull rushing through blockers is faster than trying to speed around the edge...plus you don't have to adjust anyone else's position.

I have noticed people who use DEs suck against the run, because they re allign their whole d to compinsate for a DE split out like an OLB

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the D really that is terrible, or is it more like the player using the D is terrible?

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im actually pretty good at the game, maybe better at O then D

but...... our LBs are just really weak

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel our LB are studs...Compton did very well in my first year..I just started my second year in dynasty and he is an impact player.

Being a DE when you play online against someone isn't the smartest because you are right, I get all screwed up with re-aligning and the opponent just runs on me..But against the CPU it works wonders.

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On a side note...my xbox I bought on the first shipment to lincoln, the absolute original, finally died :( Will be buying the new version...and have to start my dynasty over...

dude my just died as we speak.....The Red Ring of Death appeared and i checked online for support and apparently the E-74 message is the one where you cant fix it...BULL SHIT! Makes me want to take back my 360 NCAA 11 game and purchase a ps3 and ps3 NCAA 2011 game.