• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. UCLA -- Foster Farms Bowl

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you stop gloating about your damn prediction that wasn't even right already? :L

I once predicted Nebraska over Louisiana-Lafayette in the 300th consecutive sellout game by a score of 55-0 over on the Disney board and we ended up winning exactly 55-0. How about them fucking apples?

:csb:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would you stop gloating about your damn prediction that wasn't even right already? :L

I once predicted Nebraska over Louisiana-Lafayette in the 300th consecutive sellout game by a score of 55-0 over on the Disney board and we ended up winning exactly 55-0. How about them fucking apples?

34-28 is pretty damn close to 37-29, especially considering I knew that with the proper type of offensive gameplan that West Coast Riley had against UCLA, that Nebraska would do well enough to win in that fashion. When I said spot on, I meant that with the PROPER run / pass ratio with the personnel Nebraska has, they would win by that score or very close to it. I figured this out, but you didn't.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34-28 is pretty damn close to 37-29, especially considering I knew that with the proper type of offensive gameplan that West Coast Riley had against UCLA, that Nebraska would do well enough to win in that fashion. When I said spot on, I meant that with the PROPER run / pass ratio with the personnel Nebraska has, they would win by that score or very close to it. I figured this out, but you didn't.

I suppose you also figured we'd be down 21-7 and then score 30 points UNANSWERED....

All due to the proper balance of run/pass of course.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point being, you dumbass, is that predicting scores is fucking luck and nothing more.

There are a million things that account for a final score. Just guessing how many times we might run the ball isn't going to get you within a few points.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I suppose you also figured we'd be down 21-7 and then score 30 points UNANSWERED....

I figured Nebraska would get behind early, but other than knowing what offensive philosophy would work, the rest is just an educated guess.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My point being, you dumbass, is that predicting scores is fucking luck and nothing more.

There are a million things that account for a final score. Just guessing how many times we might run the ball isn't going to get you within a few points.

You probably figured Nebraska would have to pass 40 or 50 times to win, yet you call ME the dumbass?! Wow, the jealousy is reeking from you here! I said TA would have to be limited to between 15 and 20 passes, and his final number of attempts was 19 passes! Also, you bonehead, I didn't try to guess the number of runs, but I knew that the run / pass ratio better be in favor of the running game by a large number, and of course it was, for Nebraska to come out victorious, which they did!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Another thing genius, I was fearful after Nebraska got down 21-7 of Riley reverting back to the thing that got Nebraska beat a lot this season, and that's the passing game. I will commend him for finally realizing what he should have realized during most of the season, and that was to not give up on the running game.

My parting shot... If Riley utilized a similar run / pass ratio that we saw on Saturday, all season, I don't know how anyone can say we wouldn't have ended up with a winning record. Don't get me wrong, there would have still been some losses mainly because it was a transition year, and there were other factors such as the injury bug also. Who knows, if the right run / pass ratio was utilized all season, Nebraska's record may have ended up at 7-5, which is what I predicted before the season started! I would have been right on that also! The bowl game win would have just been icing on the cake! lol

Last edited:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure I called 45-38.
Not that bad.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing genius, I was fearful after Nebraska got down 21-7 of Riley reverting back to the thing that got Nebraska beat a lot this season, and that's the passing game. I will commend him for finally realizing what he should have realized during most of the season, and that was to not give up on the running game.

My parting shot... If Riley utilized a similar run / pass ratio that we saw on Saturday, all season, I don't know how anyone can say we wouldn't have ended up with a winning record. Don't get me wrong, there would have still been some losses mainly because it was a transition year, and there were other factors such as the injury bug also. Who knows, if the right run / pass ratio was utilized all season, Nebraska's record may have ended up at 7-5, which is what I predicted before the season started! I would have been right on that also! The bowl game win would have just been icing on the cake! lol
My best friend from my youth lives in Anaheim and said he heard crap from all his UCLA buddies at 21-7, but he heard nothing after the Huskers went up by 7 so he made sure they heard from him.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The delusion is strong with this one. Who by the way has yet to claim allegiance to any specific team.
Not to mention he has essentially given himself the on-line name of 'penis'.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably figured Nebraska would have to pass 40 or 50 times to win, yet you call ME the dumbass?! Wow, the jealousy is reeking from you here! I said TA would have to be limited to between 15 and 20 passes, and his final number of attempts was 19 passes! Also, you bonehead, I didn't try to guess the number of runs, but I knew that the run / pass ratio better be in favor of the running game by a large number, and of course it was, for Nebraska to come out victorious, which they did!

So you're essentially calling me a dumbass because you're just going to go ahead and assume I planned on us throwing the ball 50 times....

You have no idea what I had envisioned for this game. Don't try and put words in my mouth just so you can have something to call me a dumbass for.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Boy I tell ya, back in 2015 when I correctly predicted that score that was only off by a few points for both teams, I only predicted that based on the idea that we might run the ball exactly the amount of times we did. I tell you what."

- Zorbie 8 games into next season