• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska vs. Michigan - the battle of the disappointments!

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Papuchis is worth +31, give me +30 and I will bet you.

The Nebraska defensive coordinator is John Papuchis. Nebraska is trying to send him to Wisconsin for revenge for Kevin Cosgrove.

There's another Nebraska fan that is taking me up on this bet if Brasky bitches out which he will. If I can't find him I'll bet ya.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pretty excited for this game. That last second win against Northwestern could be huge for Nebraska's confidence, I'd expect Nebraska to come out playing with a lot of confidence. Michigan got their soul ripped out, I expect Michigan to come out and play with a big time edge.

This is an attitude game. Has Nebraska started to find their way? Can Michigan bounce back from being emasculated at the hands of Michigan State?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska can rush for near their season average, they can be in this game at the end. If not then Michigan wins by 3 scores or more. imo.

Chances of Nebraska rushing for near their season average are slim.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another Nebraska fan that is taking me up on this bet if Brasky bitches out which he will. If I can't find him I'll bet ya.

I honestly don't remember us making an avi bet, but i'm up for it.

You're on.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska can rush for near their season average, they can be in this game at the end. If not then Michigan wins by 3 scores or more. imo.

Chances of Nebraska rushing for near their season average are slim.

Well I'm glad you're confident in our abilities, however, after watching last week I'd be happy to just score a touchdown.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, twitter saying that Martinez likely out this week again with a bunch of different lingering injuries. I think that improves our chances given his ability to run but who knows really at this point.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, twitter saying that Martinez likely out this week again with a bunch of different lingering injuries. I think that improves our chances given his ability to run but who knows really at this point.

I think you would rather have Martinez in. His broken toes pretty much make it impossible for him to scamper at all. Martinez has not been a run threat since the Wyoming game.

Tommy Armstrong throws the ball high, and in the last two games, six interceptions. Tommy is the run threat. Tommy does have an arm though. He just needs to quit acting like a redshirt freshman when panicking on a throw. Unfortunately, he is a redshirt freshman.

Ron Kellogg is the thrower. Now, if you tell Ron Kellogg that he just threw a miracle 49 yard pass to win a game, he is very, very fast. Otherwise, you won't have to fear a 10 yard run from him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm glad you're confident in our abilities, however, after watching last week I'd be happy to just score a touchdown.

MSU defense has a habit of making people look bad. Nebraska lost to Minnesota. :L

Nebraska's defense is soft both physically and in scheme. They play on their heels. Michigan's offense just needs to spread NU's D out, add in some motion, and run the ball right at them.
Offensively Nebraska runs the ball well, but only against teams with average rushing D's. Michigan has a top 15 rushing D, so that ought to be sufficient.

Pelini Nebraska teams have no composure on the road in big venues either.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU defense has a habit of making people look bad. Nebraska lost to Minnesota. :L

Nebraska's defense is soft both physically and in scheme. They play on their heels. Michigan's offense just needs to spread NU's D out, add in some motion, and run the ball right at them.
Offensively Nebraska runs the ball well, but only against teams with average rushing D's. Michigan has a top 15 rushing D, so that ought to be sufficient.

Pelini Nebraska teams have no composure on the road in big venues either.

In case you haven't noticed, we have the fantastic ability to play down to our opponent. I suspect Nebraska is better than both Akron and UConn - so I'm worried about any and all games. We're a 4th and goal conversion away from being 5-3 right now.

We won, but we basically lost to Akron - so that's worse than anything Minnesota did to you.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you haven't noticed, we have the fantastic ability to play down to our opponent. I suspect Nebraska is better than both Akron and UConn - so I'm worried about any and all games. We're a 4th and goal conversion away from being 5-3 right now.

We won, but we basically lost to Akron - so that's worse than anything Minnesota did to you.
I dont get that. There is a lot of talent on the Michigan team and I have no clue what is going on with them. Before the season most figured it was a two team race with Michigan and tOSU for the B1G this year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get that. There is a lot of talent on the Michigan team and I have no clue what is going on with them. Before the season most figured it was a two team race with Michigan and tOSU for the B1G this year.

At this point I have no excuses or explanations other than the coaching these players are getting. We knew the line was going to be young in the middle but with the NFL caliber players at the tackle positions and the recruits we've pulled in there's no excuse for the performances we're seeing. Someone is not doing their job at coaching these kids. It's concerning to hear Hoke tell everyone afterwords that they still think their offensive gameplan was good and in hindsight wouldn't have changed anything....either 1. he's lying to us or 2. he has no fucking idea what he's doing on that side of the ball - and neither does Borges.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory is gonna make Lewan his personal bitch.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I have no excuses or explanations other than the coaching these players are getting. We knew the line was going to be young in the middle but with the NFL caliber players at the tackle positions and the recruits we've pulled in there's no excuse for the performances we're seeing. Someone is not doing their job at coaching these kids. It's concerning to hear Hoke tell everyone afterwords that they still think their offensive gameplan was good and in hindsight wouldn't have changed anything....either 1. he's lying to us or 2. he has no fucking idea what he's doing on that side of the ball - and neither does Borges.

Michigan just doesn't have top end talent to be consistent every game. That and all their high end talent is all young. Just look at this year's senior class(2010) they had 6 four stars and 1 five star. Out of that only Gardner is a significant contributor and he hasn't been that good this year. The junior class(2011) wasn't even a top 25 class out of high school. Most the talent on this team is either a sophomore, RS freshman or true freshman.

Also next year's schedule is no easy task with games @ND, @MSU and @Ohio State. Hoke may start feeling the heat a little in AA.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan just doesn't have top end talent to be consistent every game. That and all their high end talent is all young. Just look at this year's senior class(2010) they had 6 four stars and 1 five star. Out of that only Gardner is a significant contributor and he hasn't been that good this year. The junior class(2011) wasn't even a top 25 class out of high school. Most the talent on this team is either a sophomore, RS freshman or true freshman.

Also next year's schedule is no easy task with games @ND, @MSU and @Ohio State. Hoke may start feeling the heat a little in AA.
Hoke has had 3 good recruiting classes. He should at minimum have Jr's who he brought in and can play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke has had 3 good recruiting classes. He should at minimum have Jr's who he brought in and can play.

Like I said the 2011 class(Hoke's first) wasn't even a top 25 class. Obviously not all of that is his fault as he took over in the offseason as the head coach and didn't have time to build a good one. The 2011 only had 4 four star players, nothing to ride home about.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said the 2011 class(Hoke's first) wasn't even a top 25 class. Obviously not all of that is his fault as he took over in the offseason as the head coach and didn't have time to build a good one. The 2011 only had 4 four star players, nothing to ride home about.
The first one he can get a pass on but why was the 2011 not very good? Isnt that part of his job also, to bring in good recruits?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one he can get a pass on but why was the 2011 not very good? Isnt that part of his job also, to bring in good recruits?

Because techinally, it was a Rich Rod class. While Hoke was the one to accept the letters of intent, since he was hired after the bowl (i.e. at the very end of the recruiting cycle) he had very little chance to have any meaningful impact. Also, it would be a dick move to just drop all those kids who committed to Michigan while Rich Rod was still the coach. The first real class you can pin on Hoke is 2012.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the beat Ohio State this year (and yes, that's a pretty big "if") that should cool the seat tremendously. But regards, he only has to report to one guy, Dave Brandon, and he has got Hoke's back.........for now.