• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska offers Boise a Two for one deal

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting in 2015. Thoughts? I like it. If they decline, they can't bitch because of their schedule. If they accept, great. I don't think they're a program that will sustain any level of greatness for long (ie; their coach will leave and the program will dimish) and we still got a semi decent opponent. If they are still good it'll be a high profile that will generate a lot of hype, not to mention I think we've already got some pretty good non conference games scheduled during that time frame. Bottom line is Tom know's what's up and he wants to leave no doubt for our unprecedented run in the next 5 years.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
boise should take nu on. to be fair, boise is good enough to be in a position to demand a one for one. i.e. fresno is no position to demand a one for one and their 2 for 1 is a good deal for them.
i'd love to see the team play boise, but if you haven't checked lately, boise is now a top tier program.
if dr. tom is unmoving (which is probably not the case), then i agree that boise should take the 2 for 1. the exposure for their program alone would be worth it. however, i see much longer negotiations before this deal is inked.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not one that cracks on Boise St. I think that Boise St is a really good program and has a one of the best coaches in the entire country. But for them to sit on this offer for more than 2 months now with out as much as a remote response back to Nebraska is a joke. I know that Boise St has built a great program over the last few years but they still have to know who they are. They are still only Boise St from a bad conference. As much as they may not like it, they are not high enough on the college football ladder to get a 1 for 1 from big boy schools like Nebraska. We already have a 2 for 1 with Fresno St and obviously Boise St is higher on the ladder than Fresno St right now but still not high enough to get anything better than a 2 for 1.

Boise St needs to shit or get off the pot and if they get off the pot then they need to quit complaining that they can't take a shit. I would absolutely love to play this series with Boise St but if they are going to act like bitches and not even pick up the fucking phone to make even a remote response then they can go away and quit whining.

Why wouldn't they at least pick up the phone to try and negotiate maybe a 3 games series with one game at a neutral field maybe in Denver or whatever. Not that I think Nebraska should accept that but Boise should at least say something.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the offer Boise AD......I know you're here reading this right now......take the offer. Your program is not prestigious.....your team for the past 5 years is. Time to make a move.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Petersen won't likely be there in 2015, which the AD is probably considering, now that everyone knows the reason behind their success was Petersen, not Hawkins. He'll be coaching at another major program (if not the NFL) and BSU will find themselves in trouble without him.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Boise hasn't accepted the Neb. deal yet then they should go play DII ball. Their College pres. said they couldn't get anyone from a good program to play them *and that was during their bowl game this year*. What Boise wants is to force their way into a NC, in which case they would get their rear ends handed to them, and that would mean that the team that should have been there didn't get to play. They could not keep up with our D and I think they lose to US, TT, VT, TX, OU (most years) and Mizzou and OSU. I watched their bowl game and they were slow and would have gotten blown out against Florida and just about any of the TRUE upper teir teams in the country. The only reason they even got rated as high as they did is record without ANY consideration of who they were playing and how much they were winning by. I think the DII school we play out of SD next season would give them a good run for their money if they didn't beat them outright. They NEED to take the things like what we are offering them and get at least two more of the top 10-15 ranked schools in their schedule to prove that they can win against MUCH BETTER comp than they usually play in their conf. week in and week out and when the games MEAN something to the good team that they are playing. They have not proven anything cept they could beat ONE okay not good but okay team during the reg. season. And the Abama game last year during the bowl does not mean anything as I do not believe that the Bama kids were really giving it even a decent effort cause they felt and wanted to be in the NC game, and Bama had Much More of a reason to feel they belonged in the NC game Last year then Boise.
In short Boise NEEDS to quit dropping the ball and go out and seek out and truely seek out good comp. to play and beat them all to show they should be in or considered for the NC game. What they have chosen to do is cry to congress to try to force their way into the NC game and force CFB to change to fit them and them getting into the NC talk. They have not earned it yet. Teams like Boise would not have been rated above 10th 25 years ago cause people used to take seriously rating teams and their comp and placing teams where they should. Now its more political and most of the raters are not taking their jobs seriously as has been more evident over the last couple years.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe that Boise St and Chris Peterson could beat absolutely any team in the country. As long as they have longer than a week to prepare like a bowl game or the first game of the season. But to go through the grinder of a BCS conference schedule, even the horrible ACC or Big 10, week after week they would lose multiple games.

Everyone is talking about Peterson leaving by 2015. I am not too sure that will happen. He is in a no pressure situation in Boise, he has a special needs child and Boise has a GREAT hospital for his child. The USC job was his if he wanted it and turned it down. He is a small town guy and if he turns down one of the top 3 jobs in the entire country then there is good reason to believe that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in a previous thread.....

2015 is a long way down the road. For all we know, we could be championship contenders and Boise State could be "nobodies" we scraped off of our zippers. Who knows.... It could be the other way around too.

I would like to see us and Boise State play in a BCS Bowl game next season. Obviously, playing in the NC game would be great, but it's unlikely. I could care less about 2015..... I'd like to see a 2010-2011 bowl game against Boise.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boise should take nu on. to be fair, boise is good enough to be in a position to demand a one for one. i.e. fresno is no position to demand a one for one and their 2 for 1 is a good deal for them.
i'd love to see the team play boise, but if you haven't checked lately, boise is now a top tier program.
if dr. tom is unmoving (which is probably not the case), then i agree that boise should take the 2 for 1. the exposure for their program alone would be worth it. however, i see much longer negotiations before this deal is inked.

Are you from Superior?

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boise has an image problem. They have a good record because they play in a weak conf. So they are not good enough to say one for one against good teams. They are trying to bet people are going to look past the conf and say just look at our record. They should be jumping at the chance to play us if they are REALLY wanting to prove they should be in any NC talk. They need to prove they belong and quit the cry baby attitude.

And part of the thing about the down the road contracts is you have to hope that the team will still be good. I know we will be and our D will be one that Boise has not seen and will not know how to deal with it. I think we win NOW or down the road.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise St. proved they were worthy of being in the hunt when they beat Okalhoma in the Fiesta bowl, but they're still shooting themselves in the foot with their schedule, so yeah, I think they need to do this in order to get their "BCS points".

Their performance has given them better recruiting, which I believe they deserve, but it doesn't mean they deserve to be greedy about getting rich off of improving their schedule either. Maybe after they start playing stronger schedules, but not right now. They should leap at this chance and I don't see why they haven't already made this a done deal.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When did Boise play OU in the Fiesta bowl? To me the only game that if for sure going to get 100% from both teams for sure is the NC game. Outside of that it is hit and miss on weather you really get the best from every player on both teams. I think this year was better than the year b4. Boise NEEDS to play teams when it really Matters to both teams. Bowl games only really matter for one bowl game each year and thats the NC game. If a team does not make it into the game they think they should be in then there is a decent chance that the team will not play as well as they could. The way to make sure each team is playing their best is to have it during the season. That is what Boise hasn't done. They play a top twenty or twenty five team and barely beets them when it counts and at their own home.

For me the ONLY way Boise can change that is to TAKE the game with V Tech next year and with us when it can happen. But the way they shoot off their mouth and then do not take games (esp with Neb. and TO who is the most honorable man in this picture). Boise needs the games away from home in someone elses home field that is good otherwise you have nothing more than what Texas does when they play OU, that is a home game for Texas as OU has to go to Texas and to Texas fans. Can Boise play good teams away from home, they have to prove it. I think We could beat Boise NOW cause they couldn't handle OUR D and they have not played a D the caliber of ours. And their stats should be much much higher playing in a cup cake team conf like they do. OU did better two years ago against tougher comp. then Boise does against cupcakes. The Boise AD and Pres are all talk and NO action so far and I would not rate them in the top15 until they take these games and win them year in and year out cause IF we played their schedule and had the wins they did we would not get ranked and the reason The Schedule. So yeah Boise has an okay team but they would not go undefeated in half the conf in this country based on how they have play their current schedule. Maybe they would but they NEED TO PROVE IT. And they want it handed to them cause they are arrogant and do not feel they have to prove anything.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Boise play OU in the Fiesta bowl?

You're kidding right? How long have you been a CFB fan? Here's a highlight video so it will bring you up to speed.....

Last edited by a moderator:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Boise play OU in the Fiesta bowl? To me the only game that if for sure going to get 100% from both teams for sure is the NC game. Outside of that it is hit and miss on weather you really get the best from every player on both teams. I think this year was better than the year b4. Boise NEEDS to play teams when it really Matters to both teams. Bowl games only really matter for one bowl game each year and thats the NC game. If a team does not make it into the game they think they should be in then there is a decent chance that the team will not play as well as they could. The way to make sure each team is playing their best is to have it during the season. That is what Boise hasn't done. They play a top twenty or twenty five team and barely beets them when it counts and at their own home.

For me the ONLY way Boise can change that is to TAKE the game with V Tech next year and with us when it can happen. But the way they shoot off their mouth and then do not take games (esp with Neb. and TO who is the most honorable man in this picture). Boise needs the games away from home in someone elses home field that is good otherwise you have nothing more than what Texas does when they play OU, that is a home game for Texas as OU has to go to Texas and to Texas fans. Can Boise play good teams away from home, they have to prove it. I think We could beat Boise NOW cause they couldn't handle OUR D and they have not played a D the caliber of ours. And their stats should be much much higher playing in a cup cake team conf like they do. OU did better two years ago against tougher comp. then Boise does against cupcakes. The Boise AD and Pres are all talk and NO action so far and I would not rate them in the top15 until they take these games and win them year in and year out cause IF we played their schedule and had the wins they did we would not get ranked and the reason The Schedule. So yeah Boise has an okay team but they would not go undefeated in half the conf in this country based on how they have play their current schedule. Maybe they would but they NEED TO PROVE IT. And they want it handed to them cause they are arrogant and do not feel they have to prove anything.

If you're a coach and you can't get a 100% out of your players for the last game of the year then you have failed as a coach IMO. So what if they almost made it to the NCG. If you can't motivate your players after something like that then you are not a great coach. It's what seperates a good coaching career from a dynasty.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nolehusker
I would agree with you but I look at the performance of the teams in the bowls two years ago and I would say that only about 60% of the teams played the way they should have. Now some of that is kids not having their heads in the game cause they didn't get into the bowl they thought they should or wanted. Some of it could be the layoff for some of the teams b4 they play the game. Its hard to stay sharp if you are not playing in a game situation regularly. Some coaches do a better job than others.

On the OK/Boise bowl game. I am a person on SSDI so I am very low income in Minnesota and I only get a couple channels. I have only lightly followed the Huskers more heavily for the last 3 years. I have been very busy b4 a kid ran a stop sign and disabled me permanently. I was working FT, and coaching 3 sports, playing three or 4 sports, training and being a personnel trainer so along with not getting the game most of the time here in Minnesota (cause of our not so wonderful Golden Gophers) I didn't have a lot of free time. When the Huskers were on TV here I watched them.
I say some of what I do because of my coaching and athletic background and I do see Boise as living on the benefit of playing in a conference we could have won even with the former coach and I believe you always take on the best to get better, I did and was in state or national comp. in 5 sports and turned down riding bicycle for someone cause I wasn't at the level I thought I needed to be at to start riding that way. I have worked out with guys that took as high as 2nd in the world championships and never ran from any of them, got my rearend handed to me at times but never ran. That is what the AD is doing for Boise and what I do not like. I think I read they were suppose play V Tech this year and now that is not going to happen and TO offered the games and the AD has said nothing. To me that is crying wolf and why respect a team that will not back up their talk and want to be in the NC game when 99% of their games year in and year out are what we or other teams that are slightly better schedule as cup cakes at the beginning of the season to get the kinks worked out b4 the tough part of their season starts. I feel that Boise need to make up for the soft schedule they play normally by playing several tough teams in a row like we do to show they do really belong. You can have a decent team and if you only have to play good against one good team you could beat them more than half the time but if you have to do 3 of those games fairly close together it might be different.
You can ask Red_Alert. I try to be objective in what I say and consistant. Like some that post I may say things that you might not agree with but unless you can show me where they have played good teams back to back or they start really blowing teams out like OK did two years ago they any not really doing anything special in my mind to show they belong playing in a mid or just above mid level bowl.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also to me the real point is that Bama should have beat Boise two years ago but I believe that the kids for Bama were disheartened because the were not in the NC game with Florida, which would have been a long shot but was possible given who they normally played. Texas that year barely bet what I considered an Ohio team that had been sliding cause they also felt they should have been in the NC game but didn't make it (in my mind rightfully so) because of the tie break rules and losing to T Tech and Tech losing to OK. Last year Bama got to use the year b4 to prove something and so did Texas. Texas could be very dangerous this year on offense if the new kid plays like he did once he settled down in the NC game. Just like we will be pretty darn good IF our offense works anything close to what they did against AZ.