• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska fires Frost ....

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. He’s not producing. Pelini was better.
With as bad as the huskers started, why wait till later. Conf games starting and will only get worse

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you 8 million reasons to wait. But hey, if Nebraska can afford to blow 8 million, then good for them. Frost was breaking all kinds of the wrong kinds of records.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see what Nebraska gets for that extra $8m they just blew

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could probably get Harsin from Auburn cheap.

I'd help pay the moving costs for Bill O'Brien

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. He’s not producing. Pelini was better.
With as bad as the huskers started, why wait till later. Conf games starting and will only get worse

It also allows them to get started on looking for his replacement before others start getting fired.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see what Nebraska gets for that extra $8m they just blew
How many scholarships or forgiven student loans could be funded by keeping the coach for 2 or 3 more games.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many scholarships or forgiven student loans could be funded by keeping the coach for 2 or 3 more games.

Plus I've heard Nebraska has said they will pay him the full $16m.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I've heard Nebraska has said they will pay him the full $16m.
The news reports said that if they waited till Oct. 1st, they would only be on the hook for 7.5 million. That's where the idea of saving the difference came from. There was nothing stopping them from looking at replacements. They could not contact anyone, but it is unlikely they will do so in the next 18 days anyway, as the others have contracts also.
One could also assume that the assistants will be gone so there is no morale benefit by firing him now.
And of course, there is no need for sympathy as $7.5 million is more than 75% of the population will earn in their lifetime.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news reports said that if they waited till Oct. 1st, they would only be on the hook for 7.5 million. That's where the idea of saving the difference came from. There was nothing stopping them from looking at replacements. They could not contact anyone, but it is unlikely they will do so in the next 18 days anyway, as the others have contracts also.
One could also assume that the assistants will be gone so there is no morale benefit by firing him now.
And of course, there is no need for sympathy as $7.5 million is more than 75% of the population will earn in their lifetime.

I think that once the decision is made, it's best to just get it over with. Saves everyone the extra 2-3 weeks of speculation and questions. Sure they could have saved $7.5 million...but as someone else said upthread, the AD probably got a call from a big money booster saying "the check's in the mail".

Now they can start focusing on putting together their wish list, figuring out what they can/will pay for a coach and preparing for the search.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well look at the Oregon coach, no one even wants to stay there.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that once the decision is made, it's best to just get it over with. Saves everyone the extra 2-3 weeks of speculation and questions. Sure they could have saved $7.5 million...but as someone else said upthread, the AD probably got a call from a big money booster saying "the check's in the mail".

Now they can start focusing on putting together their wish list, figuring out what they can/will pay for a coach and preparing for the search.

Spot on.

Also fully believe our AD (Alberts) wants to give Mickey Joseph every chance to prove himself to be our future coach. He was brought in for a reason. He is a serious recruiter, a former Husker, and has some obvious southern ties to get talent to his old hub.

Mickey Joseph back in the day was the #1 ranked Option QB out of Marrero, LA. He was Jamelle Holieway, Turner Gill, Tommie Frazier, Charles Thompson, JC Watts, Thomas Lott. Back then, he had an average career, riddled with injuries, and tough times and competition. Hard and tough competitor. You can bring up any film on Mickey, and he never shied away from contact.
He brought a number of kids from LSU with him this Spring/Fall.

I'm all in on Mickey Joseph. As a true Husker fan.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they should seriously look at Gary Patterson.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on.

Also fully believe our AD (Alberts) wants to give Mickey Joseph every chance to prove himself to be our future coach. He was brought in for a reason. He is a serious recruiter, a former Husker, and has some obvious southern ties to get talent to his old hub.

Mickey Joseph back in the day was the #1 ranked Option QB out of Marrero, LA. He was Jamelle Holieway, Turner Gill, Tommie Frazier, Charles Thompson, JC Watts, Thomas Lott. Back then, he had an average career, riddled with injuries, and tough times and competition. Hard and tough competitor. You can bring up any film on Mickey, and he never shied away from contact.
He brought a number of kids from LSU with him this Spring/Fall.

I'm all in on Mickey Joseph. As a true Husker fan.
Short of TO none of the coaches we have hired with NU ties has panned out. And I'm including the drunk FS.