• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska AD Shawn Eichorst Fired

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? Are you calling me a fair weather fan?

I haven't hidden this but I grew up in a squat household. I converted to the good guys when I went to college. I was 8 during Barry's season. My first memories of the Pokes were Gundy, Thomas, and Dykes.

But if I'm being completely honest the one game from my childhood that I remember really sitting down and watching-screaming at the tv, crying when the other team stuck first, the field goal late to ice it-the final score was 17-7.

If you are going to talk history and be condescending to me about my fandom step the fuck off. I find t-shirt fans annoying. I don't know if you are an alumni or just a fan, but for the Nebraska people the way your fanbase is I don't think it matters. But if you are just someone whose lifelong love of Nebraska football is due to you being born in York and never making it out of town then sit down and shut up. 20 years ago this fall I stepped foot onto Stillwater and I spent 4 years watching us suck. I rushed the field as a freshman when our shitty team best a more shitty squat team. My first away game was at Arrowhead. You may have been there as well-your crowd was amazing that night. I saw Colorado pull off a 33 yard 2 point conversion on homecoming no less. I saw no bowl games for us during my time there though.

Right after I graduated we had some success against the squats and went to a couple of bowl games. During the Gundy era a lotta wins but little success against ou. During this run I get my hopes up only to go home for Christmas and eat shit with my family because their team beat mine again. And it could very well happen again this year. My prediction is we win Bedlam but lose the CCG because that would hurt. But I'll gladly take it because of my love for my alma mater.

Don't ever call me a fair weather fan again.
TLDR

Dear Lord Stop the Opinion Editorial already!! Put it in the WSJ or WAPO

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, there is no doubt we have sucked ass since '10. But we'll be back. Not sure when, but it's guaranteed we'll win conference titles and NC's again. You tards are done......FOREVER. Only 1 conference title since '99 and that is with your program playing in the 2 worst divisions in NCAA history and you can only muster 1 fucking conference title in almost 20 years. You might win a conference title every 25-30 years from here on out, and that only depends if tOSU, UM, and Wiscy are given sanctions by the NCAA that shuts down their programs for a decade (similar to what made NU relevant in the 90's when the NCAA shut down OU's program and Osborne's daddy resigned). Say bye bye to nattys; those will never happen again. No coach in the country can win in Lincoln ever again and by winning, I mean compete for conference titles and nattys. No more major bowl games; you might sneak one in every 25-30 years and that is being generous. The sooner you dicks can accept the fact you are Minnesota 2.0 today (I used to think NU was Iowa 2.0, but that is insulting to Iowa) the better.

All is not lost Corn boys, at least your program is a higher paid slut now. After the Big 12 ran a train on your has been program, you fled to be a higher paid ho and it worked. LOL, congrats!

BouncySmoggyInexpectatumpleco-max-1mb.gif

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are both as likely having played 0 conference games at the moment...

Hmmm.
Nebraska is 1-0 in conference now
Okie light 0-1.