• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE releases G Jonathan Cooper

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper hasn't played well enough when he's been well enough to play. He has not played one down in four regular season games. The foot injury was much worse than anyone thought. First it was Planta facia then it was Jones Fracture, then it was a stretched archilles. Belichick is looking into his crystal ball and he sees nothing but heartache if this gut keeps a roster spot.

Time to cut bait or fish.......................Bill decided it's time to cut bait.

That and he needed a roster spot for Ninkovich.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things wrong here. No names are known when they are are Cowboys, and Dallas is more than Fine at guard. I know you can do better NW, I've seen it once or twice

If Dallas is so solid on the OL how come Romo keeps getting killed?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would give the nod to the Cardinals at this point. They have the most impactful player of the trade at a position they desperately needed. Yes I know good chance New England wouldn't have signed him anyway but there again they could have easily gotten a 3rd round comp pick out of the deal plus another year of production at a position that so far at least sacks wise they haven't gotten much out of.

Now obviously have to see how this all pans out as they go as Thuney could become a high quality starter and the Cardinals could struggle to re-sign Jones after the season. Even there though say his price tag gets too high then they get a 1 year rental pretty much trading a 2nd round pick for a 3rd round pick. So not a ton lost there either.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Cooper was great in his preseason debut the year he was drafted. That all changed when he broke his leg and never was the same again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Cooper was great in his preseason debut the year he was drafted. That all changed when he broke his leg and never was the same again.

Always sad to see players with such potential have a career shortened or derailed by injury.