• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2023

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre Hopkins got all of the attention visiting the Patriots for two days..

It appears that another well known NFL veteran snuck in and snuck out.

No one actually saw him but one reporter talking to another reporter was laughed at and was told when you watch things so intently, you you completely miss everything else that's going on.

Are the Patriots considering Ezekiel Elliott??
God I hope not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out of Foxboro are saying that BB has had several calls from CB Marcus Peters about filling a spot at CB.

Nothing more. Hey Bill, if he's willing to work for the Vet Min. bring him in and let him show what he has. Just sayin'....................

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out of Foxboro are saying that BB has had several calls from CB Marcus Peters about filling a spot at CB.

Nothing more. Hey Bill, if he's willing to work for the Vet Min. bring him in and let him show what he has. Just sayin'....................
This makes a lot more sense than DHOP or Cook IMO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, Bill Belichick cancelled Dalvin Cook's visit scheduled for today.

Something ain't right somewhere. Montgomery twisted his ankle and Stevenson has been limited in practice all three days in shorts.

ESPN and Todd Cox are reporting that Ezekiel Elliott is being flown to New England. He'll most likely land in Rhode Island and make the short trip to Foxboro if he isn't already there. Cox believes that this will be done tonight and EE will be in pads tomorrow.

I'll believe it when it's official that he's signed. Too many teams move quicker and with less noise than the Patriots.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE visited with BB and BOB Saturday. Things went very well but no contract was signed.

Photos were taken at Mooo's on the Seashore, Saturday night and there was EE having dinner with Mac Jones. Security kept everyone away from the table and left together. Lots of laughing and horseplay during dinner.

This guy ran for almost 900 yards last year and would be an extremely good change of pace RB as well as an excellent pass receiver. That $22M buck ain't doin' a damn bit of good sittin' in bill's wallet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE visited with BB and BOB Saturday. Things went very well but no contract was signed.

Photos were taken at Mooo's on the Seashore, Saturday night and there was EE having dinner with Mac Jones. Security kept everyone away from the table and left together. Lots of laughing and horseplay during dinner.

This guy ran for almost 900 yards last year and would be an extremely good change of pace RB as well as an excellent pass receiver. That $22M buck ain't doin' a damn bit of good sittin' in bill's wallet.
I always felt EE was overrated, if it came to him or Cook, gimme Cook. At least Cook can catch and pick up a block, EE plays lazy IMO

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt EE was overrated, if it came to him or Cook, gimme Cook. At least Cook can catch and pick up a block, EE plays lazy IMO
I agree but it looks like NE is out of the Cook Sweepstakes.

EE has always had an excellent line to run behind as well.

Having said that, he's quite possibly the best option out there.

I'm not comfortable with the current crop of RBs. Splitting time with Stevenson may do them both well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but it looks like NE is out of the Cook Sweepstakes.

EE has always had an excellent line to run behind as well.

Having said that, he's quite possibly the best option out there.

I'm not comfortable with the current crop of RBs. Splitting time with Stevenson may do them both well.
The Dallas line always makes RBs look great, and IMO Cook has better hands. Adding Zeke won't be horrible if the cap hit isn't horrible

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No RB is signing in New England... Patriots will go into the season with what they have

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas line always makes RBs look great, and IMO Cook has better hands. Adding Zeke won't be horrible if the cap hit isn't horrible
Exactly! I like Elliot but we are not going to pay another team/s old castoff version of himself elite money!
No RB is signing in New England... Patriots will go into the season with what they have
So JJ Taylor is the backup plan?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! I like Elliot but we are not going to pay another team/s old castoff version of himself elite money!

So JJ Taylor is the backup plan?
Do you actually think there are only two RBs on the roster

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 good draft picks at RB that need work. That is what I think!
So with 5 RBs on the roster you would be content bringing in a troubled vet that lost his job over any of them?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with 5 RBs on the roster you would be content bringing in a troubled vet that lost his job over any of them?

My opinion is we stay with what we have if Elliot is the only choice outside of the building.

That said, the JJ Taylor experiment needs to end IMO. I had high hopes but I'd prefer to see that roster spot go to somebody else.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is we stay with what we have if Elliot is the only choice outside of the building.

That said, the JJ Taylor experiment needs to end IMO. I had high hopes but I'd prefer to see that roster spot go to somebody else.
Yeah I think Taylor is the odd one out. RBs will be Steveonson, Harris, Strong and Montgomery IMO