• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ndamukong Suh to sign with Fins

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only move has left (& it can hurt you) is stomping on guys.
Protect the guys on the ground & you'll be alright.
Miami was stupid to pay that much - not worth half of what they're paying.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$60 million guaranteed. Wow! I know they have to spend the money but.....
It's like a game show where they get all they can throw in the cart for 5 minutes!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will blow up in the fins face! :pound:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That averages out to $19M a year for 6 years. Will signing Suh put them over the top? Did Suh on an outstanding defense give the Lions a championship. Suh is a load one on one but he won't be the difference between a win and a loss.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That averages out to $19M a year for 6 years. Will signing Suh put them over the top? Did Suh on an outstanding defense give the Lions a championship. Suh is a load one on one but he won't be the difference between a win and a loss.

you hardly heard his name mentioned in the game vs. Pats. Not concerned.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a great player but tying that much money up for 6 years can cripple a team

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad the Fins fans were so giddy after signing Suh. Now read what happens starting with year 2 of his contract. :pound:
Ndamukong Suh's contract is going to be a nightmare for the Dolphins after the first season - Yahoo Finance
All the Dolphins fans are saying I'm an idiot because "I don't get it" They say anybody should understand - Suh is going to re-negotiate after 2015!
They are talking about restructuring already and he has not played a single down.
Go ahead - try to talk him out of the $28 million next year. He is going to be all over that!!!!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Dolphins fans are saying I'm an idiot because "I don't get it" They say anybody should understand - Suh is going to re-negotiate after 2015!
They are talking about restructuring already and he has not played a single down.
Go ahead - try to talk him out of the $28 million next year. He is going to be all over that!!!!!

Like Revis just did. :pound:

Lions fans get it too. Only the Fins are delusional.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he just says.....no. I won't restructure or renegotiate. Think the 'fins just might cut him? Oh my, then he counts $12M a year for four years as dead money and might play against them......

The Dolphins knew what they were doing and rolled the dice. Best hope he doesn't get seriously hurt.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when your desperate, you make stupid moves. NE wins again by simply being in other teams heads. Most of Mia beat writers are not liking this move. Omar Kelly who loves to rip NE all the time is ripping the move to sign Shoe. He actually commented that Gibson was a great move and is really going to shock people.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when your desperate, you make stupid moves. NE wins again by simply being in other teams heads. Most of Mia beat writers are not liking this move. Omar Kelly who loves to rip NE all the time is ripping the move to sign Shoe. He actually commented that Gibson was a great move and is really going to shock people.
But the Dolphins fan says:
"You are completely ignoring the fact that the money can be moved around next year if necessary."
Can't wait to see the look on the Dolphins fans face when they reexamine the price tag after finishing last in the AFCE!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I would say you don't exactly understand how a renegotiation works if you think Suh wouldn't do it after this season. I don't think the Dolphins will actually need to do it because they have an owner with plenty of money so they can hand out some decent signing bonuses meaning actual cap hits for players they sign next year won't be that high but if they need Suh to renegotiate his contract it is actually a huge bonus for the player to do so. It gives them extra security in the long run as they still get the same amount of money plus more of it is actually guaranteed making it more difficult for the team to cut him after say 3 years making it more likely he gets to see the years where he is getting $20 million in just base salary. So yeah it helps the team but in reality the player is the one winning big if they can get the team to want to renegotiate. Again I don't think they will need to do that. As it stands they should have over $30 million in cap space. Yes they won't be able to do a ton of signing after this season but not sure they will need to. At this point Pouncey and Tannehil are the only two guys that I see as must sign type players. Beyond that is a bunch of role players more so than big time contributors.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say you don't exactly understand how a renegotiation works if you think Suh wouldn't do it after this season. I don't think the Dolphins will actually need to do it because they have an owner with plenty of money so they can hand out some decent signing bonuses meaning actual cap hits for players they sign next year won't be that high but if they need Suh to renegotiate his contract it is actually a huge bonus for the player to do so. It gives them extra security in the long run as they still get the same amount of money plus more of it is actually guaranteed making it more difficult for the team to cut him after say 3 years making it more likely he gets to see the years where he is getting $20 million in just base salary. So yeah it helps the team but in reality the player is the one winning big if they can get the team to want to renegotiate. Again I don't think they will need to do that. As it stands they should have over $30 million in cap space. Yes they won't be able to do a ton of signing after this season but not sure they will need to. At this point Pouncey and Tannehil are the only two guys that I see as must sign type players. Beyond that is a bunch of role players more so than big time contributors.

My point - TY

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point - TY

I meant more they wouldn't need to unless something drastic happens. They look to only have 2 major FA's after this season and $30 million more than covers that easily. Throw in just like they did with Suh this year they can sign a guy like Tannehil to a $20 million a year type contract but his first year cap hit might only be in that $6 million range. So again the Dolphins at this point are not limited so much by the Cap as they can write contracts easily to fit whoever they want under the cap but just looking at their FA's for next season really there should only be a couple they have to sign and I just don't see them needing to go outside in FA a ton. I mean looking at the offense there are 3 players hitting FA after the season in Pouncey, Tannehil, and Miller. Defensively only a few again and they are not really any of the big name guys. So with this year and next year's draft they should more than easily fill the holes of those that would be leaving.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant more they wouldn't need to unless something drastic happens. They look to only have 2 major FA's after this season and $30 million more than covers that easily. Throw in just like they did with Suh this year they can sign a guy like Tannehil to a $20 million a year type contract but his first year cap hit might only be in that $6 million range. So again the Dolphins at this point are not limited so much by the Cap as they can write contracts easily to fit whoever they want under the cap but just looking at their FA's for next season really there should only be a couple they have to sign and I just don't see them needing to go outside in FA a ton. I mean looking at the offense there are 3 players hitting FA after the season in Pouncey, Tannehil, and Miller. Defensively only a few again and they are not really any of the big name guys. So with this year and next year's draft they should more than easily fill the holes of those that would be leaving.
Nice recover Dumler but I rest my case.....

" Yes they won't be able to do a ton of signing after this season"