• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Pitt Pregame Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting now in all pregame threads I will post articles that happen during the week. ND should win this game but who knows.

Predicition: ND 33 Pit 24

Folston runs wild again.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to breeze through this game but Pitt has played us really tough in recent years. Kelly's Irish haven't beat Pitt by more than 6 points.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will most likely be a tough game even though Notre Dame should beat Pitt by 10 or more with ease.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if our D can play well with all these injuries

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if our D can play well with all these injuries

We have an equalizer in that Pitt's offense isn't very consistent or good. But the next man in better be ready. Okwara, who's been being built into a WDE is going to have to spell Jaylon Smith at Dog, which means if he's heavier, he might not be as good in space. He's played 3 different positions this season thats tough to put that on a player with his youth and inexperience. Nix and Day may or may not be able to play and neither will be 100%. That means Jarron Jones and Issac Rochelle, the latter of whom has played pretty well when asked to, will both have to step up.

My concern is, just like in 2011, will the Pitt. defense execute a game plan that bottles up Rees? They'll have to account for #97 on their DL, who is a monster (7 tackles 1TFL last year against us) and was a one man wrecking crew last week against Ga. Tech. Here, unike 2011, we have more options. Back then, they took away Floyd, so Rees went to Eifert. Now, Rees can beat them with TJ Jones, Davaris Daniels (who needs to step it up a bit), or Niklas. I'd like to see a real commitment to T. Folston

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folston another 100 yard game if Kelly gives him the carries.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think the only two RB's that should be getting carries are Folston and McDaniels.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a bad feeling about this one.

Actually, I'm having a bad feeling about the next 3 games all together. Pitt always gives us a tough game, BYU is pretty solid, and Stanford is good.

1 game at a time I suppose.

I think Folston does well, I think McDaniel does well, but I don't know which Rees will show up. This game will all depend on him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind giving GA3 5 carries a game and hope he breaks one. I do agree about Folston and Cam. Cam should be the tough yardage back and Folston your 1st anne 2nd down back.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are your guys receivers this year? Pitt has had major problems in the secondary, which is strange because coming into the year 3 out of the 4 were NFL prospects, not anymore.

I think if ND relies on the running game to set up the pass, they will have a tough time against the Pitt D, but the other way around, and I see them putting up close to 30.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are your guys receivers this year? Pitt has had major problems in the secondary, which is strange because coming into the year 3 out of the 4 were NFL prospects, not anymore.

I think if ND relies on the running game to set up the pass, they will have a tough time against the Pitt D, but the other way around, and I see them putting up close to 30.

WRs are good, Jones, Daniels, and then pick your poison with the rotating 4-5 other underclassmen, and Niklas is turning into a complete TE. Depends if tommy is on or off, consistency has not been great this year. Defense has been a disappointment, and it seems half of the starters and their backups are injured now. I am driving to Pittsburgh Saturday morning and expect another close game. Go Irish! Beat Pathers!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our passing threats are pretty solid. It really all depends on which Tommy Rees is going to show up.

If It's the good Tommy then we should win pretty handily. Then again, if it's bad Tommy, Pitt will have a great shot at beating us. Rees is just so inconsistent, never know what you're going to get.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have very good WRs

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're pretty deep at WR. Our starters, Jones and Daniels are as good a tandem as any in the country (well when Daniels wants to be). But we have young talent in Fuller, Robinson, and So. Chris Brown, who if Rees ever stops hanging out to dry, has the speed to beat a lot of people.

Also, we are known as TE U for a reason. Niklas and Koyack are our Gronkowski and felony-less Hernandez.

Of course, if Donald plays as we know he can it wont matter because Rees won't have time to get it to them and things often get interesting when he's gotta improvise and throw on the run. Thus, your weak secondary notwithstanding, I am still expecting a close contest.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're pretty deep at WR. Our starters, Jones and Daniels are as good a tandem as any in the country (well when Daniels wants to be). But we have young talent in Fuller, Robinson, and So. Chris Brown, who if Rees ever stops hanging out to dry, has the speed to beat a lot of people.

Also, we are known as TE U for a reason. Niklas and Koyack are our Gronkowski and felony-less Hernandez.

Of course, if Donald plays as we know he can it wont matter because Rees won't have time to get it to them and things often get interesting when he's gotta improvise and throw on the run. Thus, your weak secondary notwithstanding, I am still expecting a close contest.

You're right about Donald, just don't see him completely impacting the game like that. He will blow up some drives if he is on for sure, but I don't see him single-handedly controlling the Irish Offense.

Anyway, should be a good one, bookies have the game as a 27-23 ND victory, which sounds about right.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND's defense only plays well against a traditional offense so I think the D will be okay. It will be a close game and ND wins if they don't turn the ball over.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldnt go that far, but when they are clicking and getting targetted they are very good! :suds:

GO IRISH!