• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Oklahoma Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Go Irish. Another big game. Feels like ND plays a good team every week. That is the 1 thing seperetes ND from other schools. They like to play a tough schedule.

I had ND going 9-3 this season. Overall this team has some problems but as of right now they are 3-1. I will take it. I had them either losing to one of the Mich schools(that happen), I have them losing to either Oklahoma or USC. The 3rd loss is against Stanford(who I think will be in th championship game.)

I hope I am wrong and we go 11-1.

Lets Go Irish.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know how good OK is. The computer rankings rank OK substantially higher than ND, but computer rankings have a very heavy preseason poll bias at this time of year. OK hasn't played a good team yet.

This game scares me because after 4 games the Irish just don't pass the eye test. Maybe we find another way to win ugly. We won ugly last year too, but at least I had faith in the defense. This year what do we have? Soft defense, lackluster running game, marginal passing game, pathetic special teams, no leadership, questionable play calling. Either this team gets better in a hurry or we could drop the next two games.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U are right but maybe this is a ugly win team this year. I have a feeling all games will be close expect the Stanford game. Look at Mich they are winning ugly very week to.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the ASU/Stanford game and Stanford looked great. The score was 39-7 in the 4th quarter and then Stanford took their Cardinal foot off the Sun Devil throat. Stanford looks like they are way better than the Irish in every aspect of the game. I won't rule out an Irish victory over Stanford, but we need to improve greatly for that to happen and I have seen little improvement so far.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for this game. I hope Kelly has a nice game plan for this game. When was the last time u were like wow great game plan by Kelly. I cant think of one in awhile.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year what do we have? Soft defense, lackluster running game, marginal passing game, pathetic special teams, no leadership, questionable play calling. Either this team gets better in a hurry or we could drop the next two games.

I agree.

I know MSU doesn't have a great offense, but they're still a better offense than Purdue. And our defense played much better Saturday.

I'm pulling for another ugly game this week, we tend to win ugly games.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe we have the athletes to win. I would love to see the defense stop drives short and make some big plays and see our offensive line push the defense back so our backs can make some moves. This team just doesn't seem like they have played to their potential. It's up to the coaches to bring this team around. Under BK, the Irish have suffered some humiliating losses at home and had way too many close home games, and many of those against bad teams. The coaches need to have our boys come out ready because if they come out flat like they have so many times before, we could be in trouble.

GO IRISH!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with No Leadership. I dont see any leadership on the field. Last year you had Te'o, KLM, Motta and even Theo and Wood

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the negative about Nix and tuitt. I thought one of them would step up. Neither has. To be fair both get doubled team because they dont respect our MLB.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, fellow Domers ... I am dreading Saturday, unless a totally different defense comes to play REAL IRISH FOOTBALL for 60 FULL MINUTES.

When I look at the Michigan game against us ... and then see how Gardner and Mich has struggled against Akron and then UConn ... it really makes me wonder ...

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, fellow Domers ... I am dreading Saturday, unless a totally different defense comes to play REAL IRISH FOOTBALL for 60 FULL MINUTES.

When I look at the Michigan game against us ... and then see how Gardner and Mich has struggled against Akron and then UConn ... it really makes me wonder ...

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. I'll be in section 123.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, have fun Irish7478

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Go Irish. Another big game. Feels like ND plays a good team every week. That is the 1 thing seperetes ND from other schools. They like to play a tough schedule.

I had ND going 9-3 this season. Overall this team has some problems but as of right now they are 3-1. I will take it. I had them either losing to one of the Mich schools(that happen), I have them losing to either Oklahoma or USC. The 3rd loss is against Stanford(who I think will be in th championship game.)

I hope I am wrong and we go 11-1.

Lets Go Irish.

With your schedule, you should be happy with a 3 loss season at this point. Stanford is very good and would be a major upset. USC will likely have a lame duck coach but you never know. Arizona St will likely be favored against you guys. They are very good as well. Wish you luck.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU would be favored only if ASU beats USC and we lose to OK.

9-3 would not be so bad, but I would like this team to do better. I hope this team can come together, but with 2 tough back-to-back games looming in the next 10 days, I don't know if it is possible. I really think we will either win the next 2 or lose the next 2. If we win then it will buy us time to get prepared for Stanford and possibly end up with a great season. If we lose, I fear the wheels will fall off the bus. Without leadership, this team could quit and we could be looking at 7-5 or 6-6.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them at 9-3 but I agree with a better Defense and better game plan on offense this team should be able to go 10-2 but I just don't see after what we have seen. I think Oklahoma game will show what this team can do. Loss here 9-3 or 8-4 season a win here and 9-3 or 10-2 can happen. No way this team goes 11-1 unless the Freshman comes in and shocks the world.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them at 9-3 but I agree with a better Defense and better game plan on offense this team should be able to go 10-2 but I just don't see after what we have seen. I think Oklahoma game will show what this team can do. Loss here 9-3 or 8-4 season a win here and 9-3 or 10-2 can happen. No way this team goes 11-1 unless the Freshman comes in and shocks the world.

I hear that a lot on the Michigan boards about Freshman coming in to save the day. It rarely happens. I see you guys in a lot of close games and the difference is just going to have to be your QB. Your defensive line play is spectacular but they are funneling the plays to linebackers that aren't finishing. That could definitely improve as the year goes on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% about funneling to the LBS and not finishing. These MLBs suck. They dont Finish.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a game plan that mimics last years game plan against Oklahoma. Run Run Run Run then throw the ball when they are expecting run. Man. can we start running on the edges? We do a pretty nice job running outside the tackles and can't pick up jack shit running inside. Our receivers and tight ends are good blockers. Defensively, for the love of Pete, learn to tackle in open space. We are a very bad one on one tackling team....that has to get better.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a game plan that mimics last years game plan against Oklahoma. Run Run Run Run then throw the ball when they are expecting run. Man. can we start running on the edges? We do a pretty nice job running outside the tackles and can't pick up jack shit running inside. Our receivers and tight ends are good blockers. Defensively, for the love of Pete, learn to tackle in open space. We are a very bad one on one tackling team....that has to get better.

And a secondary that can cover somebody faster than Minnie Pearl ... sheeesh.

:L :gaah: :doh:

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a secondary that can cover somebody faster than Minnie Pearl ... sheeesh.

:L :gaah: :doh:

haha. it is going to be a long game if we can't get any pressure on the QB. I only hope to keep it close.