• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA worthy after non conf sched?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next game isn't til next Sun (22) against the might golden lions of arkansas pine-bluff...I don't even know where pine bluff arkansas is, maybe it is a way station for walmart trucks, last non conf game, so the question then that needs to be asked, cause I have to feel we win that one, but to me, did we do enough in non conf schedule to gain an NCAA bid?

If you were picking right now, would Iowa get in on their body of work losing to Nova and ISU but beating ND, Xavier, and the others? Nova loss in OT, ISU loss on their court by 3 when leading the whole game.

This is actually important cause last year, this is what kept us out, did we do enough and play the schedule this year that will aid in getting us in?

I saw Indiana lost to Notre Dame today at ND so that helps our RPI there. Conf schedule is much better to start this year over last, first game is Neb at home, then to Wisconsin, NW at home then at OSU...I say we go 3-1 in that stretch losing to OSU on the road but winning the rest, 4-1 if you count win vs Ark PB

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa would likely be a 7 seed or so right now if the selctions were made today. RPI in the mid 20's, 0 bad losses, 3 top 100 wins. Nothing to write home about BUT the good news is our RPI is unlikely to drop too much lower than what it is now even if we only go 10-8ish in B10 ( I think we'll do better ). B10 has 7 teams in the top 40 and we play the other 6 teams in the top 40 11 times. Our SOS is going to skyrocket over the next few months. If we can go 12-6, 13-5 in league we are likely to have a top 15 RPI by seasons end.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically our best win BY FAR right now is Drake ( who sits 32 in the RPI ) LOL, who knew???

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is basically mirroring football right now: they're beating the teams they're supposed to beat and losing to the higher-ranked teams. Assuming we win out our remaining non conference games and go, say, .500 in the Big Ten, looking like a 6 or 7 seed at the moment. But it's still SO early, very hard to guess what this team will do. My instincts tell me this team will only get better as the team wears on and should finish slightly higher than .500 in the B1G.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually am more optimistic after the OOC. We realistically should be unbeaten right now as we basically outplayed ISU and Nova for the majority of the game and were in position in both of the to salt the games away with FTs. Unfortunately we couldnt capitalize but I think we may be 1 of the 3 best teams in the league ( along with OSU and Wisconsin ). MSU is SOOO banged up right now and Michigan is out of sorts. I think we go 12-6/13-5 in the league and get a top 4 seed in the toruney.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan should have beaten Arizona on Sat and we should be looking at a new #1, but that last 5 mins mirrored Iowa and the issues at the line and stuff...was a good game. Will be interesting, the key is we CANNOT lose to chump teams that we shouldn't lose to during conference. We have to destroy them in any home and home...just my opinion, I don't want to put us in the tourney right now, but I feel we will get in. Just had to wonder what others thought, I would say our non conf schedule was better so far, but if those teams drop, that will hurt us.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after that loss we are still ranked believe it or not, albeit barely at #25.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova is ranked at #8 this week, ISU up to 17 in AP, Nova is 12 and ISU is 13 in Coaches...Iowa dropped out of Coaches poll

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think the B1G is a tougher conference (better) than they were last year. I also think the Hawks are one of the top three teams in the league this year as they seem to be a little sharper each game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is definitely a tournament team this season, I can see them winning 13 games in the B1G and ending up anywhere between a 4 and a 6 seed.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring the wheels coming off of the bus, Iowa is a near lock for the NCAA tournament. As to their seed, the lowest that I see Iowa getting is a #6. The highest would be a #3. Win the B1G regular season and Tournament probably pushes Iowa to a #2 seed (at the worst)...probably a #1. Again, I don't see the wheels coming of this bus. The lowest seed that I see Iowa getting is a #6. And a real shot at winning both games that weekend and possibly their third game. After that...upsets are possible...

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized something...it is almost impossible for us to play bad...we've got 12 dudes that can play at any given time....what are the odds of all 12 sucking at any one time??? Sure we will lose a few but we are gonna win the Natty!!!!