• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because fans whose teams aren't in a playoff series never pick a side. The funny thing is, if Lakers fans were on here supporting the Cavs, you wouldn't be bitching about it.
We've got room for you :suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a pretty cool quote from RJ on how Channing Frye helped team chemistry....

"And when Channing Frye arrived in a midseason trade, even he helped open communication within the team without even knowing it.

"Channing was that new kid in school that doesn't know that there's cliques and he just sits at the table with everyone," Jefferson said. "He puts random people on text chains. All of a sudden I was just on a text chain with LeBron, Kev and [Jones]. You're just like, 'Why did you include us?' He's like, 'I don't know, you guys are the ones I wanted to talk to.' All of a sudden the four of us are texting through a game."

Frye might be the Cavs best off season signing since Lebron came back.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because fans whose teams aren't in a playoff series never pick a side. The funny thing is, if Lakers fans were on here supporting the Cavs, you wouldn't be bitching about it.

It was just a joke. I honestly don't care who anyone roots for just so long as my team wins.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there records of the girl texting her friends after it happened saying something like "OMG you're never going to believe who I just had sex with" or something like that?

matter of fact I believe that's true. I kinda recall something like that when they were reviewing the whole thing...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is, of course a possibility. Money talks and Kobe has lots of it. From what I remember in following the case though, the prosecution went to trial before they had enough evidence to get a conviction. It basically came down to a small town DA trying to "bag an elephant." If memory serves, he was ultimately fired for his handling of the case.

The sad part is that one of 2 things happened. Either a girl was raped and didn't get justice, or Kobe and his wife were unfairly dragged through the mud costing Kobe millions of dollars and putting a pretty permanent stain on his name.

Unless one or the other of them comes out and says "I lied" we're never going to know for certain.

I'm with you - either way, somebody got a particularly shitty end of a stick and that sucks. I make irreverent jokes about these situations, but there's a lot to these cases (look at that Patrick Kane deal) and in my heart-of-hearts, I wouldn't say that Kobe Bryant is a rapist.

That said, this isn't my heart-of-hearts, it's the fucken internets, baby! So, I got banned once from tHoop for starting a poll about a cross-sport athlete comparison in which I asked the hard-hitting question, who's a better rapist, Kobe or Big Ben. I think it took about 4.7 seconds after I posted that for Hammer to ban me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there records of the girl texting her friends after it happened saying something like "OMG you're never going to believe who I just had sex with" or something like that?

Not sure. There were a couple of conflicting reports about how she reacted. I do know that there were several NBA players who came out at the time and said they knew who she was and had been with her too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandably so. If the Cavs win this year, it might be just as much the changing of the coach as it is finally having a fully healthy Big 3.

You could tell the way the offense was running and the team chemistry it just wasn't working and I think all the players will tell you that. The guy showed barely any emotion too and that drove me crazy. The thing about Phil Jackson that I respect the most is for the most part he was somewhat calm compared to most coaches, not sure how he did it.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced the Warriors have passed their toughest test.

First of all, if the Thunder had won the series, the Cavs would have been favored so most people thought the Cavs were the better team.

Secondly, the Cavs will be a much better team down the stretch than OKC. OKC's biggest problem was that they couldn't hold on to a lead. Yes, GS is the most incredible shooting team in history, but if OKC had simply had slightly fewer turnovers or missed shots, they would have been able to withstand the GS 3-point barrage.

Thirdly, I doubt the Cavs will allow the Warriors to score so many points. In 4 of the Western Conference Final games, the winning team scored 118 or more points. Even if you don't think Cleveland's defense is better than OKCs, the Cavs will do a MUCH better job of controlling the tempo. In OKC, both Westbrook and Durant tended to put up quick shots, so there were more possessions.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you - either way, somebody got a particularly shitty end of a stick and that sucks. I make irreverent jokes about these situations, but there's a lot to these cases (look at that Patrick Kane deal) and in my heart-of-hearts, I wouldn't say that Kobe Bryant is a rapist.

That said, this isn't my heart-of-hearts, it's the fucken internets, baby! So, I got banned once from tHoop for starting a poll about a cross-sport athlete comparison in which I asked the hard-hitting question, who's a better rapist, Kobe or Big Ben. I think it took about 4.7 seconds after I posted that for Hammer to ban me.

sounds like a Hoop record...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a 7 game series. This will be a tossup.
Looking at the two teams, one would think so but I just have this feeling the Dubs will take them out early. probably six. But either way I'm going to enjoy this series. After the 73 wins and what we did to OKC with the monster comeback, the Warriors have more than satisfied me as a fan this year

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could tell the way the offense was running and the team chemistry it just wasn't working and I think all the players will tell you that. The guy showed barely any emotion too and that drove me crazy. The thing about Phil Jackson that I respect the most is for the most part he was somewhat calm compared to most coaches, not sure how he did it.
He is the master of Zen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4.7 seconds? Respeck. That has to be some kind of SportsHoopla record. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyote.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the two teams, one would think so but I just have this feeling the Dubs will take them out early. probably six. But either way I'm going to enjoy this series. After the 73 wins and what we did to OKC with the monster comeback, the Warriors have more than satisfied me as a fan this year

no disrespect intended, but for THIS kind of a season nothing less than an O'Brien should satisfy you...

just my opinion, though...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.7 seconds? Respeck. That has to be some kind of SportsHoopla record. :lol:

It was fucking amazing. I posted the poll and seriously went to the home page, clicked on the poll thread and wasn't even able to bring it up because I'd already been banned.

That Hammer, he's like a fuckin ninja.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finals schedule

Game 1 Thursday 6/2

Game 2 Sunday 6/5

Game 3 Wednesday 6/8

Game 4 Friday 6/10

Game 5 (if necessary) Monday 6/13

Game 6 (if necessary) Thursday 6/16

Game 7 (if necessary) Sunday 6/19

So 6 out of the 7 games they get 2 days rest in between games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no disrespect intended, but for THIS kind of a season nothing less than an O'Brien should satisfy you...

just my opinion, though...
Perhaps the decades of losing by the Warriors have left me easy to please.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. There were a couple of conflicting reports about how she reacted. I do know that there were several NBA players who came out at the time and said they knew who she was and had been with her too.

Kobe Bryant's an arrogant ass hat. But there's a lot of people out there that are just morally corrupt that makes Kobe's arrogance seem small. Granted I was just out of high school when all of that happened, it just didn't smell right from the jump. You're Kobe Bryant starting in the prime of your career making millions of dollars. There's thousands of women that would want to sit on your face. Why r*pe a girl?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any Warriors fans feel like we haven't really seen the Warriors play like themselves in the playoffs? Or is that just me?

A lot of that is because of Curry's injuries in the early rounds... and some of that should be attributed to the Thunder's defense.

Wondering if its just me and maybe I'm undervaluing how they've played up to this point (in the playoffs).

Not a Warriors fan, except for this series, but I think it had to do with OKC more than anything. The Warriors showed that without Steph, they still win the earlier series. OKC has the length and athleticism to stay in front of the Warriors small, quick guys. It was taking GSW longer to get shots, so they had a hard time getting into an offensive flow. That's how OKC built that 3-1 series lead and why, even in winning those last 3 games, GSW was "in trouble" at some point in all 3 of them.

We all know that it's all about matchups and OKC is a bad matchup for GSW. In fact, if OKC were a little bit deeper team, we are probably preparing to watch OKC/Cavs instead of GSW/Cavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.