• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Dynasty Game 14

Which team is better?

• Kansas City

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bias, I like Walter Payton. I don't why people like to jump to the who had the worst team argument when comparing RBs. I just look at look at how smooth, elusive and powerful Walter Payton was.

I guess it kinda helps show who did the most with the least. :noidea:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now you lost me.

The Lions did not make the playoffs Barry's last season and did the following year without him = FACT
The Lions did have multiple pro bowl offensive lineman = FACT
The Lions did have the first duo of receivers to each go over 100 receptions = FACT

Those are things Walter never came close to having.

It really didn't matter if Barry had great offensive lineman anyhow, he never followed a block, he bounced around until he could squirt through an opening. It's amazing how people have this misconception that Barry was surrounded by shit, it simply isn't true.

O.J. was surrounded by terrible players, you might notice I said I loved Juice and think he's one of the top 3 or 4 backs of all time.

For the record, I did say Peyton was the 2nd best RB in the history of the game, behind Jim Brown, not even close with Sanders, and I never said Barry was in the top 3...not sure why you want to argue it but ok..

walter Peyton half of his seasons he went to the playoffs=fact

you state that Sanders didn't follow a block=agree, the lineman got to the pro bowl by standing there, it wasn't run blocking, lol, agree again...there were Bears lineman who made the probowl also, all great RB have lineman go to the probowl, its almost manditory.

what the hell does receptions amounts from the WR matter...guess the RB on the 84 dophins should have set a record because they both went over 1300 yrds..who was that RB again?

I might still hate Payton a bit for running over my Vikings in the 70's that could be the reason I pick Brown over him...if I ignore stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown was smooth, fast and power before Peyton was on the football field. Again, less TV replays and coverage...thwarts another argument of past vs ESPN.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I did say Peyton was the 2nd best RB in the history of the game, behind Jim Brown, not even close with Sanders, and I never said Barry was in the top 3...not sure why you want to argue it but ok..

you state that Sanders didn't follow a block=agree, the lineman got to the pro bowl by standing there, it wasn't run blocking, lol, agree again...there were Bears lineman who made the probowl also, all great RB have lineman go to the probowl, its almost manditory.

what the hell does receptions amounts from the WR matter...guess the RB on the 84 dophins should have set a record because they both went over 1300 yrds..who was that RB again?

I might still hate Payton a bit for running over my Vikings in the 70's that could be the reason I pick Brown over him...if I ignore stats.

You brought up Barry.

Walter 13 seasons 6 playoffs does not = half of his season in the playoffs = FACT
Four of those playoff seasons were also after he was 30 years old.

Those linemen also might have got to the Pro Bowl because of their pass blocking ability.

Receptions by his receivers show the defense couldn't just focus on Barry like they could with Walter, it matters quite a bit actually.

Your Vikings? You're a chiefs fan get off my side! :suds:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Lebron would dominate but he's the 2nd best SF in NBA history right now and he would win that matchup. I agree Wilt is a bigger mismatch over Perish but I don't agree that your bench would dominate.
Rose dominates Andre Miller (great team and vet player but never been to an all star game)

Sharmen vs Dumars: Push Sharmen having 4 titles, 4xFirst team, 3x 2nd team
Dumars having 2 titles, Finals MVP, 4xFirst Defensive team. Sharmen probably the better scocer but Dumars was just as good on Defense and match up well against Reggie Miller
Joe Dumars vs. Reggie Miller | Basketball-Reference.com

Paul Pierce and Alex English dominates Dale Ellis and Shane Battier

Dave Debusschere slighly over Tom Chambers who was great scorer and good fit for my team to spread the floor but Dave is a great defensive player with 6x First team defensive team.

Noah > Heinsohn. Heinsohn is a better scorer Noah is a better defender, rebounder and one of the best passing big men in the game. Noah would be able to slow Wilt down with is size and quickness, Wilt would a have a good game but it wouldn't be a monsterize one.

you were pretty spot on til the end....Noah could slow Wilt down with a bulldozer...wilt dominated his peers, Noah doesn't dominate his peers...saying James is the 2nd best SF of all time and not saying Wilt is the top 2 centers of all time is just insaine and saying Noah could cover wilt better than Havlicek covering James is a major reach. Heinsohn would have been a great rebounder if that damn Russell guy would have got the hell out of the way, lol.

I wish that basketball reference was able to match up James/Havlick, Noah/wilt, Sharman/dumars...that really sucks.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up Barry.

Walter 13 seasons 6 playoffs does not = half of his season in the playoffs = FACT
Four of those playoff seasons were also after he was 30 years old.

Those linemen also might have got to the Pro Bowl because of their pass blocking ability.

Receptions by his receivers show the defense couldn't just focus on Barry like they could with Walter, it matters quite a bit actually.

Your Vikings? You're a chiefs fan get off my side! :suds:

I grew up in Worthington MN all through the 70's...Magic Johnson and a bunch of moving took me out west, lol..a bunch more moving took me to KC.

I brought up Barry because he WAS as well as OJ on just as shitty of teams as Walter was...all 3 of those guys are the reason they saw the playoffs at all.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's the drunk one again?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Worthington MN all through the 70's...Magic Johnson and a bunch of moving took me out west, lol..a bunch more moving took me to KC.

I brought up Barry because he WAS as well as OJ on just as shitty of teams as Walter was...all 3 of those guys are the reason they saw the playoffs at all.

Barry was not on shitty teams, ugh! At least nowhere close to as shitty as Walter and O.J. were.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a truism also...I was in grade school in Wichita and my best friends brother QBed Barry's HS team, only went to 2 games and dont remember them much at all.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry was not on shitty teams, ugh! At least nowhere close to as shitty as Walter and O.J. were.

Barry had 3 teams with 5 wins or less...Peyton 2 teams (1 in strike shortened year, the other his rookie year, never in his prime years)=facts

and I am never drinking while posting, my keyboard has a breathilizer.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the drunk one again?

ok you were right 6 out of 13 is wrong, thought he played one more year to get 7 out of 14....barry had 5 out 10.

But....as you said about Barry's team....Walter's team went to the playoffs the year after he retired too, lol.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cwalk...I conceeded already...I can't compete with ESPN....can't you see we are on to football already, lol

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok you were right 6 out of 13 is wrong, thought he played one more year to get 7 out of 14....barry had 5 out 10.

But....as you said about Barry's team....Walter's team went to the playoffs the year after he retired too, lol.

If it helps you Jim Brown only went to 4 playoffs in 9 years which is less of a percentage than Peyton, lol

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were pretty spot on til the end....Noah could slow Wilt down with a bulldozer...wilt dominated his peers, Noah doesn't dominate his peers...saying James is the 2nd best SF of all time and not saying Wilt is the top 2 centers of all time is just insaine and saying Noah could cover wilt better than Havlicek covering James is a major reach. Heinsohn would have been a great rebounder if that damn Russell guy would have got the hell out of the way, lol.

I wish that basketball reference was able to match up James/Havlick, Noah/wilt, Sharman/dumars...that really sucks.

Never said Noah D on Wilt was better than Havlick on Lebron, Havlick is a 5x First all defensive team. And never siad Wilt wasn't a top 2 center even tho believe he's not. Kareem then Russell then Wilt but Wilt is still better than Lebron.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cwalk...I conceeded already...I can't compete with ESPN....can't you see we are on to football already, lol

Atleast their doing a NFL pre 90s draft. It limits the today vs yesterday talk.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry had 3 teams with 5 wins or less...Peyton 2 teams (1 in strike shortened year, the other his rookie year, never in his prime years)=facts

and I am never drinking while posting, my keyboard has a breathilizer.

How bad were the Lions, Packers and Vikings during Walter's years in Chicago?

How good were the Bears, Packers and Vikings during Barry's years in Detroit?

1975 - 1987

The Lions were : 78 - 115 - 1
The Vikings were : 103 - 89 - 2
The Packers were : 77 - 113 - 4
Totals : 258 - 317 - 7

1989 - 1998

The Bears were : 73 - 87
The Vikings were : 95 - 65
The Packers were : 95 - 65
Totals : 263 - 217

The Lions had more 5 win or less seasons because they were playing against a much stronger division = FACT

The fact is also the teams Barry were facing were better because of their offenses not the defenses so you can't use that for Barry if anything that helped Barry.

Again, please go look at the offenses Walter had around him during his prime, his QB's were a joke and his receivers weren't any better.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it helps you Jim Brown only went to 4 playoffs in 9 years which is less of a percentage than Peyton, lol

They never had a losing record and how many teams went to the playoffs in Brown's day?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They made it his last year too... :nod:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well since I said Brown was the only back better than Peyton...lets use the Browns teams instead...my argument was Brown vs Peyton as the best RB ever. Lets start with the 14 to 16 games talk first, then move into the Milt Plum/Frank Ryan qb situation against McMahon/avellini

all I said was Barry was on shitty teams and no matter how you slice it, he was...since you think the 90's lions teams were so good your going to have me thinking they won a championship that I missed in another drink.

I do love how you just showed Peyton actually played with less games a season for 3 seasons so it should have been easier to loose less games a season other than 2..1 a strike shortened year 9 games and the other in a 14 game season...barry's 3 5 win seasons came in 16 game season

Status
Not open for further replies.