• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Championship: 1987 Lakers vs. 2013 Heat

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say the Lakers no matter the format. More balanced team and Kareem would be pretty much unstoppable on offense. The more I think about it Lebron and Wade would both have to average 40 just to keep it close.

I have to agree.
Who on those Heat teams is stopping Kareem. Who's stopping Magic and Worthy? Lebron can't guard both and they'd both kill Wade throughout a series. Those Heat teams were really not that great. The Lakers even had 2 guys that D up Lebron in Worthy and Magic both matching him fairly well in size and athletic ability.

There's honestly be very few teams in the last 10 years that could match up to some of the greats from years past. Last years Golden State team would probably be a closer matchup to the 87 Lakers, but I still wouldn't pick them to win it.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 01 Lakers could beat the 2013 Heat, and that's coming from someone that thinks that the 2001 Lakers are the most overrated team ever.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins? 2-3-2 format starting with two at The Forum.

Opinions?

I say it never makes it back to Inglewood and the devastating Showtime fastbreak proves the '87 Lakers were the greatest basketball team to ever lace 'em up. :2cents:

The scene after Game 4 in South Beach as Dr. Buss hoists another Larry O'Brien trophy.

52833970_10.jpg
Clearly the Heat because unless I am remembering wrong, the 1987 Lakers were much younger and healthier than the 2013 Heat who were older and not nearly as good. I mean let's face it: I don't want to rub shit in the faces of Heat fans, but their team wasn't good enough to go to the finals 8 out of 10 times. They fell apart after four straight years. Magic and Kareem and Riley kept that core together to Kareem's retirement and that' factors in to their greatness. Actually I might be wrong about one thing though - I think I love rubbing shit in the fans of Boston Fans and Miami fans - sorry Hammer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to back track on my position a bit. I do think the Lakers would ultimately win but it would be closer than I originally thought. I was looking at it as a best case scenario for the Lakers and the currently unimpressive performance by the Heat. The Lakers team was a great one but they did have some dud games as well. I think with both teams doing what they do at their best its pretty close.
I love the fact that you guys never changed this poor schmucks name back after you banned him. LOL