• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Championship: 1987 Lakers vs. 2013 Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is already determined. The HeAt are reigning champs and are 3 games from a three peat

3 games from a 3peat?!? Really?!? Don't you have to RE-peat before you can THREE-peat?

I know Heat fans tend to get ahead of themselves, but this is a bit mush even for them!!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worthy was a Junior and leader of North Carolina when they won the National Championship. Worthy also was awarded "top player of the tourny" that same year. He left for the NBA after that season.

Jordan was a freshman that year and didn't bring a title in the 2yrs he stayed there after Worthy left.

Worthy was the MUCH bigger name at North Carolina than Jordan was the short time they spent together as teammates.

Jordan hit the shot that won the National title. Jordan carried the Bulls to 6 NBA titles. Worthy was never considered the man in the NBA. He never got the credit he deserved in the NBA because of all the talent around him.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls Never lost a final series. They never were blown out by 36 either.

And Miami is going for a back-to-back NBA Champs so slow it down a little and take another rip off the bong scene your.

This Heat team wouldn't have a prayer with the Bulls and if you really think San Antonio is going to fold at home, then you were probably just the waterboy for your bball team.

I think San Antonio is all up in Miami's head now and PAPPA has figure some things out.

Heat are in big trouble. Especially if they are going for a 3-peat because it's not possible.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls Never lost a final series. They never were blown out by 36 either.

And Miami is going for a back-to-back NBA Champs so slow it down a little and take another rip off the bong scene your.

This Heat team wouldn't have a prayer with the Bulls and if you really think San Antonio is going to fold at home, then you were probably just the waterboy for your bball team.

I think San Antonio is all up in Miami's head now and PAPPA has figure some things out.

Heat are in big trouble. Especially if they are going for a 3-peat because it's not possible.

Opinions are like buttholes.

This Heat team would have destroyed the Bulls of the 90's

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U might be the biggest crackhead waterboy ever. You have now been labeled.

I sure hope Miami gets that 3-peat. Or I sure hope they win another game in this series.

San Antonio :hdn: Heat

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U might be the biggest crackhead waterboy ever. You have now been labeled.

I sure hope Miami gets that 3-peat. Or I sure hope they win another game in this series.

San Antonio :hdn: Heat

Again. Your opinion. Don't get all defensive cause I blew your shit outta the water. The Heat are already favored next year to win it all. Three peat baby. Oh yeah

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stop making bubbles in that pool in the back of your truck and just STFU.

1995-1996 Bulls were the best team ever to lace them up. Started 41-3, 33-8 on the road, and were 37-0 at home until late in the season when they lost 2 games late at home, ending 39-2 at home. LOL And won 44 in row (7 from the previous year)! That's greatness my friend. What you are witnessing is not even close.

Crackhead waterboy: Ur out ur tree! The Heat are NOT favored to win it all next year, because Free agency and the draft haven't even happened yet.

;) It's ok. I know you need a helmet. We'll go slow for ya.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Heat team that I saw last night, and really throughout the playoffs do not belong in any all-time great team conversations.

As I have said throughout this thread, however, the team that we saw in February and March shows that type of potential when at full strength. Are they better than the 90's Bulls or the '87 Lakers? Not until they prove it in June. It is already too late for that this season, even if they do win the title.

Just one question though Hammer...

If you think the Heat to be so inferior, why did you start this thread in the first place?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan hit the shot that won the National title. Jordan carried the Bulls to 6 NBA titles. Worthy was never considered the man in the NBA. He never got the credit he deserved in the NBA because of all the talent around him.

Bolts,

You may want to check your facts. Jordan was the third leading scorer on that team behind Worthy and Perkins. He proved himself to be one of the best Freshmen in the country, but Worthy was the guy opposing coaches were worried about. Jordan had a great season, but he was not a household name until he hit that shot.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts,

You may want to check your facts. Jordan was the third leading scorer on that team behind Worthy and Perkins. He proved himself to be one of the best Freshmen in the country, but Worthy was the guy opposing coaches were worried about. Jordan had a great season, but he was not a household name until he hit that shot.

I know Jordan wasn't a household name until he hit that shot. My point is Worthy never got the credit he deserved as a NBA player because he was surrounded by superstars who got the attention instead.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Jordan wasn't a household name until he hit that shot. My point is Worthy never got the credit he deserved as a NBA player because he was surrounded by superstars who got the attention instead.

On the NBA level, you are 100% right. I thought you were saying that he was not getting enough attention in college either because of the same thing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joy. Your "inside vegas betting website" has them at 7/4 and the Favorites. Too bad they're down 2-1 right now in these finals. haha

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wade and Bosh play like they did last night, the Heat are right there with anybody. The reason why they don't stack up to the '87 Lakers or the '96 Bulls is because they don't show up every night. Great teams do.

Regardless of what happens next week, the 2013 version of the Heat are not the greatest team over. They showed they are capable during the 27 game win streak and in flashes during the play-offs.

If the 2014 version can play to this standard every night (like they did during the streak) then we might have something to talk about next year. For now though, as an NBA fan, I am frustrated that a team with that much talent and ability isn't able to bring it every night.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why they don't stack up to the '87 Lakers or the '96 Bulls is because they don't show up every night. Great teams do.

Agreed +1. That's my question.. Why can't they play hard every night? That's been my pet peeve all playoffs. It's like 2 different teams out there so how can you really judge them?

Welcome back D Wade. Another Chitown baller.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look who got together tonight!