• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA All Star Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how will playoff matchups work with 14 teams? Who gets the first round byes?

First 10 teams play in a play-in game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 10 teams play in a play-in game.

You mean first 12?

10 play ins would leave us with 9 teams left.

If the top 8 seeds are all on the same half of the bracket, I suggest have the championship game loser play against 3rd place winner (assuming they have not already matched up).

I think this would guard against 1 half of the draw being easier than the other for final standings purposes.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean first 12?

10 play ins would leave us with 9 teams left.

If the top 8 seeds are all on the same half of the bracket, I suggest have the championship game loser play against 3rd place winner (assuming they have not already matched up).

I think this would guard against 1 half of the draw being easier than the other for final standings purposes.

No, I mean 10... We have 13 teams...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have time to post our defensive matchups before, bc that will be key and I'm sure some teams could have players that are on the bench possibly starting to work for some matchups.

I agree with this.

Perhaps post each round at a pre-specified time each day, not necessarily as soon as the previous round ends. Matchups are really important here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

Perhaps post each round at a pre-specified time each day, not necessarily as soon as the previous round ends. Matchups are really important here.
I agree. Rodman won't be guarding a PF:nono:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you man, but you obviously aren't paying attention. If it's the system that's the problem why aren't we hearing even one case of a cop killing a white person? I mean being there are twice as many whites killed by cops as blacks why do we hear NOTHING about that? Why aren't there white lives matter groups marching down the street screaming pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon? Why.... because all the current administration and the media care about is white on black crime, period!

Unfortunately I'm forced to pay attention... You speak about Black on Black crime, narratives and all lives matter... I hear you and get your points, but you're deflecting the real problem... Where are the videos of a White guy being shot in the back while running away, where are the videos of the White guy getting shot for going for his wallet when the cop asks for his wallet, where are the videos a White guy standing in Walmart talking on the phone and being shot dead without warning, the 12yo White kid at the park, the White guy lying down with his hands in the air getting shot... As we know I could go on but the point is, the aggressive way in which there is interaction with the Black community... It's connected to the perception the Blacks are all violent...

Let me ask you this, why are non violent drug offenders given on average 55 months or so per conviction while White violent crime offenders given on average 61 months (those aren't the exact numbers but I'm too lazy to find the article I read... If you need me to I will though)... 14 mil White drug users 2.4 mil Black drug users yet Blacks are 10x more likely to be arrested for drugs... Your own link stated Blacks are killed more while unarmed, then attempted to sweep it under the rug as "but here's why"...

Is it coincidental that White males are the standard...? White males make the most money, are the most employed, least amount of prison time etc... Do you think that's just because or maybe something might be behind that...? As you know I got nothing but love for you, but I think you might be the one not paying attention... :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I thought you might put him on Kareem and put Mutombo on Mitch Richmond. That is what I would do....
Good guess, my original strategy was to just leave your SF uncovered since he is no threat to score:nod:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I thought you might put him on Kareem and put Mutombo on Mitch Richmond. That is what I would do....
Did we make a trade that I don't know about? I thought I had Mutombo...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you didn't hear about this one.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert has been texted

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I'm forced to pay attention... You speak about Black on Black crime, narratives and all lives matter... I hear you and get your points, but you're deflecting the real problem... Where are the videos of a White guy being shot in the back while running away, where are the videos of the White guy getting shot for going for his wallet when the cop asks for his wallet, where are the videos a White guy standing in Walmart talking on the phone and being shot dead without warning, the 12yo White kid at the park, the White guy lying down with his hands in the air getting shot... As we know I could go on but the point is, the aggressive way in which there is interaction with the Black community... It's connected to the perception the Blacks are all violent...

Let me ask you this, why are non violent drug offenders given on average 55 months or so per conviction while White violent crime offenders given on average 61 months (those aren't the exact numbers but I'm too lazy to find the article I read... If you need me to I will though)... 14 mil White drug users 2.4 mil Black drug users yet Blacks are 10x more likely to be arrested for drugs... Your own link stated Blacks are killed more while unarmed, then attempted to sweep it under the rug as "but here's why"...

Is it coincidental that White males are the standard...? White males make the most money, are the most employed, least amount of prison time etc... Do you think that's just because or maybe something might be behind that...? As you know I got nothing but love for you, but I think you might be the one not paying attention... :suds:

I'm going to be very careful with what I say here. I am in no way deflecting the problem. So, from what you're saying all white people killed by the police are acceptable because there isn't video of any of them being shot in the back? I honestly can't even comprehend how amazingly foolish that is. Twice as many whites killed by cops and every single one of them is lawful and acceptable. I guess I will say this again, the reason you don't see those things is because NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHITEY BEING SHOT!!!

What you really need to do is look at the situations regarding police interaction with the races. A very high percentage of cop and white folks interactions is done in the suburbs where the crimes rates are quite low. Now when you look at cops interactions with black folks that's not usually the case, cop interaction with black folks is usually in a very dangerous part of town where there are gangs and most of the population in these areas hate cops. Shit, when I lived in NYC I had black friends that wouldn't even go into some neighborhoods at night.

You have zero idea what it's like to do what cops do on a daily basis! Are there bad cops? Of course there is bad in every profession. I will post more in a bit.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk has been texted

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch this!!!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has this site continued to turn into the politics thread?