• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Champions!!!

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Lady Gators Softball team!!!! 2014 National Champions with a big two game series win against Bama!!!!

Dominated the WCWS from start to finish. Great job Coach Walton & Staff! Great job Ladies!

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were fun to watch. As someone who doesn't follow NCAA softball and didn't care who won, I was hoping for a rally. But Florida clearly was the better team.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were fun to watch. As someone who doesn't follow NCAA softball and didn't care who won, I was hoping for a rally. But Florida clearly was the better team.

It was a fun series. It was nice to see my team break thru finally for a NC after 6 tries.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC representing! I’m caught up quite heavy in fast-pitch softball. My daughter has been playing travel ball since she was 7 and she’s going into her Junior year of HS. We spend every waking moment of just about every weekend at tournaments in Florida to as far away as Tennessee, New Jersey, Georgia and California. This sport has shifted from a PAC-12 dominated one, to a distinct SEC advantage in the past 10 or so years, culminating now with the second ever SEC NC in this sport ( kudos to Bama for ringing that bell first in 2012). It’s amazing if you think about an entire region of the country which had never even watched this sport, let alone participated in it, go from being the laughing stock of the country in circa 1996 when the sport hit the scene in college, to the dominant geographical area it is today. It’s another tribute to the athletes we grow here in the South. I know I’m being a homer, but I see it every weekend. There are good teams all around, don’t get me wrong, but the power has shifted to the South......

If your daughters show any interest, DO IT! I’ll tell you this, I was a diehard baseball fanatic growing up. Played ball thru HS, and literally read box scores in the newspaper every day ( yep, back when their were papers...) to keep up with my favorite players. Flash forward to today. Baseball is fucking boring. There I said it. Go watch a good HS or college ladies softball game. After about 5 games you’re going to wonder how you’ve missed this all your life. Completely different in so many respects, especially speed and the short game. Tons of strategy too. Be careful, it’s addictive!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC representing! I’m caught up quite heavy in fast-pitch softball. My daughter has been playing travel ball since she was 7 and she’s going into her Junior year of HS. We spend every waking moment of just about every weekend at tournaments in Florida to as far away as Tennessee, New Jersey, Georgia and California. This sport has shifted from a PAC-12 dominated one, to a distinct SEC advantage in the past 10 or so years, culminating now with the second ever SEC NC in this sport ( kudos to Bama for ringing that bell first in 2012). It’s amazing if you think about an entire region of the country which had never even watched this sport, let alone participated in it, go from being the laughing stock of the country in circa 1996 when the sport hit the scene in college, to the dominant geographical area it is today. It’s another tribute to the athletes we grow here in the South. I know I’m being a homer, but I see it every weekend. There are good teams all around, don’t get me wrong, but the power has shifted to the South......

If your daughters show any interest, DO IT! I’ll tell you this, I was a diehard baseball fanatic growing up. Played ball thru HS, and literally read box scores in the newspaper every day ( yep, back when their were papers...) to keep up with my favorite players. Flash forward to today. Baseball is fucking boring. There I said it. Go watch a good HS or college ladies softball game. After about 5 games you’re going to wonder how you’ve missed this all your life. Completely different in so many respects, especially speed and the short game. Tons of strategy too. Be careful, it’s addictive!

props to you and your daughter for being involved but not sure i agree with your baseball assessment. Baseball is a game for those that play it, and if you dont have that attachment anymore then you can find yourself with other interests.

I think the south in general was slow to adopt the fast pitch game and that is what made the west coast so dominate in the beginning but just like college baseball you are bound to find talent where the weather permits year round play. Once the sec hired the right coaches and built the right facilities it was only a matter of time before they displayed success on the field.