• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Names to Remember before Kickoff

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the season is getting close and no one expects WV to be much of a threat in the Big 12 this year. Not so fast naysayers. 2 names will rise to forefront this season for the Mountaineers and carry the Mountaineers to a overachieving season. With the loss of Austin, Bailey, and Geno Smith, WV's offense should be in shambles---but it wont be because Dana Holgerson knows how to score points and he knows the kind of players it takes to score those points. Enter into the picture: 1) Charles Sims RB transfer from Houston. This is a versatile back who can do all the things Austin did last year minus a few secs of speed. Expect to see Sims get lots of action running, catching, and possibly returning kicks. The next player to remember is the kid of a football coach who has been around football his entire life. 2) Clint Trickett--son of one time Mountaineer Football Coach Rick Trickett. This my friends will be your starting QB because Mallard doesn't have it and Childress isn't ready. I predict Trickett will be a HUGE surprise for WV because he is a smart player and will understand the mechanics of the Holgerson system better than the other QB's. Trickett's skill set is far above the other two QB's as well. So will these two newcomers make the difference? The Diehard thinks so.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH, I would add The Dream (Dreamius Smith), Super Mario (Mario Alford), and Kevin White to that list and let's not forget IMac is back! Dana knows offense maybe better than anyone in the game right now IMO we have a chance to be BETTER on that side of the ball even with the loses to the NFL due to a more balanced attack with our new legit run game.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the offense will not be as productive as last season, but it will be able to score. Dana is just too good with the oofensive schemes to not figure out how to score. But the opener with OK could be painful to watch. My biggest concern is the defense. I do not see how this defense gets better. I am dreading what could be a long, painful season. Any insights that might give me some hope???

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense was the worst in the programs history so there really is no way barring a string of injuries that we will be worse than last year. The new JC additions at LB (Bruce may at outside LB this year btw) and DE plus the further development of Rowell,Brown,Rose and Clarke should help our defense alot. The new JC punter is supposed to be a pro prospect and be killing it so far in camp so, that too will help.

Our OLine is inexperienced but they are also bigger from tackle to tackle than I can remember them being in a long time so my guess is we see the 4 headed monster at RB with Sims, Buie, Smith and Garrison grind out yards on the ground for the W&M game and let the new starter at QB pace himself.
As far as the OU game, word out of Norman is that they are not set at QB yet either and they have already had some injuries to some good looking defensive players so.. we may show better than you think.