• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My week 4 recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're a quarter of the way through the season. Week 4 saw Minnesota lose the ALCS (or is it win?), Buffalo lose their unbeaten record, Dallas and Philly lose big leads, and the Jets lose an ugly one. Here we go:

Week 4 Power Rankings:

32. Minnesota Vikings-Well, at least they didn't blow a 2nd half lead this time. Is that an improvement?
31. Miami Dolphins-Things actually have gone from bad to worse.
30. St Louis Rams-Have played a horrendous schedule, but they just look terrible.
29. Indianapolis Colts-Have stayed close with a couple of good teams, but can't manage to pull it off. Has one single player ever meant so much to a team?
28. Kansas City Chiefs-They're only higher than the above teams by virtue of their win. They stink.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars-Should have kept Garrard around a bit longer.
26. Seattle Seahawks-Got back in the game in the 2nd half, but seem to have forgotten that you do have to play the 1st half too.
25. Denver Broncos-Hard to judge a team for getting pasted in Green Bay, but they did get pasted in Green Bay.
24. Arizona Cardinals-I think signing me could improve their secondary. I can't do worse.
23. Cleveland Browns-I think it's safe to say, if Colt McCoy has to throw it more than 60 times, a bad day has been had.
22. Carolina Panthers-Might want to at least consider tackling the opposing RB from time to time, also..DON'T PUNT THE BALL TO HESTER!!
21. Philadelphia Eagles-I was going to make a "Dream Team" crack, but why bother? Good Lord.
20. Cincinnati Bengals-The defense seems legit, but the offense remains a work in progress. AJ Green is a freak.
19. Dallas Cowboys-A monumental collapse from the Boys. Did anybody else want to see Calvin Johnson hand the game winning catch to Rob Ryan?
18. Atlanta Falcons-If the Seahawks had Janikowski instead of Hauschka, they'd be 1-3.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers-The Steelers are still in the playoff hunt, but only if Ben lives long enough.
16. New York Jets-Yikes. Pick a bad stat. Sanchez hits only 1/3 of his passes, 4 turnovers, no running game.
15. Chicago Bears-I'd say giving the ball to Matt Forte was a fairly good plan.
14. San Francisco 49ers-To say they're in the driver's seat in the division would be a massive understatement.
13. Oakland Raiders-Slow McFadden and make Campbell beat you is the way to go, I think.
12. Washington Redskins-I'm going to keep saying I don't trust Grossman til he proves me right.
11. Buffalo Bills-Was it just an emotional letdown after the Pats game? Or is Buffalo coming back down to earth? We'll see.
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Haven't played their best football, but are still 3-1.
9. Tennessee Titans-Matt Hasselbeck has been everything that CJ100 hasn't been.
8. New York Giants-Might've gotten a gift to win, but Eli was great again.
7. San Diego Chargers-It's confusing to have the Chargers at 3-1. Does this mean they're going to suck the rest of the season?
6. Houston Texans-Not having Andre Johnson for a bit will show what they really are. I'd look for heavy doses of Foster and Tate.
5. Baltimore Ravens-That was one ugly offensive display for a team that won. The offense owes the defense dinner.
4. New Orleans Saints-It seems like they should have won by more. Lots of offense, but didn't convert into points.
3. New England Patriots-Wes Welker is putting up Tecmo Bowl numbers.
2. Detroit Lions-I'm a believer!!
1. Green Bay Packers-Aaron Rodgers is as fun a QB to watch as anybody in the history of the game.

MVPs of the Week:

Aaron Rodgers-He score 45 points for my fantasy team.
Ravens Defense-They outscored the offense.
Matt Forte-The Bears committed to the run, and he rewarded them.
Andy Dalton-Came back from a poor 1st half and led his team to a win.

Goats of the Week:

Mark Sanchez-4 turnovers gets you a seat at the head of the goat table.
Tony Romo-2 pick-6s gets you right beside him.
The rulebook that says Victor Cruz didn't fumble-BOOO!!
The Steelers o-line-Ben should sue them for assault.

Random Thoughts:

1. I love seeing Hasselbeck play well. I wanted the Bengals to sign him.
2. Paging Christian Ponder...
3. I have Beanie Wells on one of my fantasy teams...on the bench (facepalm).
4. If the Vikings played the Cowboys, how would they decide which team gets to blow a halftime lead?
5. Why do people keep punting to Devin Hester?
6. Hey Miami, Mike Brown isn't trading Carson, but Jordan is available!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Jordan can just assume Carson's identity, they look very much alike.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun read vance. Thanks.

On a side not Indy's D looks pretty damn solid this year. How good would that team be with Peyton?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Indy's D is keeping them in every game, but the offense without Peyton just doesn't have it.