• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on our 2013 season

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I believe this has been Saban's best coaching job at Alabama. I have close ties inside the program and all I have heard since spring training is that this team is full of selfish players that care more about themselves than the team. This would explain the inconsistencies we have had all year. Key injuries, a young defense, running backs with red zone fumblitis and an o-line with two Kouandjios have plagued this team this year. Doug Nussmeier needs to realize that we are built as a run first team and he has to stop with only running the ball when it's the last resort. We do not have to pass to set up the run.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large amount players on the current roster get processed during the off season.

I knew this was a rebuilding year and I thought we would finish the season at 11-2, I did not think we would not win the Iron Bowl or lose the bowl game though. We played the worst we have all year and didn't win a very close game against the current #2 team and we lost to what will be a top #10 team and we had a chance to win it with less than a minute in the game. 11-2 on a rebuilding a rebuilding year is nothing to be ashamed of.

We got to see what the future will be like with OJ Howard and Derrick Henry and the future looks bright!

The only thing that has truly frustrated me about this season is the Kouandjio brothers with all their penalties and missed blocks and Doug Nussmeier and his play calling. I would be very happy if all three of them were gone before the star of next year.

Thank You Seniors, you guys have representing ourselves and the University with absolute class. You guys have set the bar high.

Thank You Coach Saban, best coach in the country.

Roll Tide!

If a qb steps up, 2014 could be a great season!

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more with everything you said. I'd be perfectly fine if the Kouandjio brothers and Nussmeir weren't playing/coaching with us next year. I swear the Kouandjio brothers had more false start and holding penalties by themselves this year than our OLs have had combined the last 4 years! Nussmeir has some decent games, then he has some just plain awful games. The Sugar Bowl was just plain awful. He played right into Oklahoma's hands and played their game instead of playing ours. It'll be interesting to see how the offseason goes.

I hate that AJ and CJ and the rest of the seniors went out this way, but that's football. I think this season (in particular the last 2 games) gives Saban all the reason in the world to tear these guys a new one in the offseason.

I'm curious who the selfish players are? I have some guesses of my own....

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with every thing you said. Im glad Cade Foster is leaving. And I wish Nuss would leave too. We have lost 4 games in 3 years. 2 of them because of Foster.(2011 LSU and 2013 Auburn) and 2 of them because of Nuss (2012 aTm and 2013 Oklahoma). Nuss wants to throw it too much,thats why I think we will be better next year because we will have a new QB so we will run the ball more and also that will give our defense more rest. :suds: