• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on a few things

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching situation:

Hold your breath because the Lions may not bring in a guy we all like. Sure, the Lions are attractive on paper but
are some of these coaches a bit skeptical about taking the job? I think so. I liked the sound of Lovie until I thought about the defense he would bring. Lets not go the Tampa 2 route again because we dont have the team for that. Since I dont think we get Whisenhut either, my attention is on Gruden and Zimmer from Baltimore. Though Im not crazy about them, I like them better than anyone else. We'll see what happens.

Stafford:

Its still funny how he's shouldering all the blame and fans think he suddenly needs a qb guru. The truth is that he needs a team and coaches that will put him in the best situation as possible. Someone suggested not to build around him and turn all the attention to Suh and build around him instead. Thats crazy to me. This team is in trouble if the fans have ultimately given up on the Qb. Stafford and Delmas are a bit similar to me as they both need to tone it down and stop being so overly aggressive with their talents. They need a coach to teach them how to stay in their element.

The draft:

Wonder if this will be discussed when the Lions are interviewing new guys? Some coaches will have a different approach to how they want to draft and fix the team. We all know Wr and Cb are the biggest needs but will the new guy and does that affect the way they choose him?
Sammy Watkins is ideal here but I doubt that happens.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is not leaving his commentator job. He has already stated that I believe. I would not want him anyway. Zimmer may not be HC material. Lions want some experience so I dont expect him to be in the mix.

Not sure why you feel that we wont get Wiz either.

Stafford needs to shoulder a good deal of the blame. No one is giving up on him because his issue is easily correctable. Make better reads and stop throwing it up for grabs. Coaching can fix that. He could use a tune up as well. He has little touch and releases the ball with the nose up which can cause overthrows if he does not have any touch on the ball.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choice for HC is Dan Quinn from Seattle! Love their defense and if he brought their QB coach as O Coordinator I would think it would be a solid move for Stafford as if anyone could make Russell Wilson a decent passer they have to be good.

I also know that no way in hell does Quinn end up in Detroit. Does not meet what they are looking for. I mentioned to Rob that I think they made their mind up on Whisenhut before they fired Schwartz. Just a hunch. All the other moves are window dressings for public consumption.

Bowles gets mentioned but I think Mayhew knows the Lions need to win immediately so a personnel change for the 3-4 could set the team back. I think that ultimately ends his shot.

Stafford gets better when he gets a coach that calls plays to his strengths and when his mechanics start falling apart stops the issue. Plus a solid #2 receiver would help.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this open for random thoughts:

Coke or Pepsi? Coke is it, the rest is shit. Go back to Russia if you love Pepsi.

Obamacare: Just as predicted. Tackle the real cost drivers of the US system (legal liability and overprescription) if you want universal healthcare.

Who has the best BBQ in the world? The answer is St. Louis, followed by Kansas City, followed by Texas. Pappy's or Bogart's in St. Louis is barbecue heaven. Try the barbecued prime rib. I've had the rest and St. Louis is the best.

Chocolate of Vanilla? Does anyone answer vanilla? If yes, are they sterilized on the spot to avoid polluting the gene pool?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is not leaving his commentator job. He has already stated that I believe. I would not want him anyway. Zimmer may not be HC material. Lions want some experience so I dont expect him to be in the mix.

Not sure why you feel that we wont get Wiz either.

Stafford needs to shoulder a good deal of the blame. No one is giving up on him because his issue is easily correctable. Make better reads and stop throwing it up for grabs. Coaching can fix that. He could use a tune up as well. He has little touch and releases the ball with the nose up which can cause overthrows if he does not have any touch on the ball.

Pretty sure he was talking about Jay Gruden not Chucky.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coke or Pepsi? Coke is it, the rest is shit. Go back to Russia if you love Pepsi.

Obamacare: Just as predicted. Tackle the real cost drivers of the US system (legal liability and overprescription) if you want universal healthcare.

Who has the best BBQ in the world? The answer is St. Louis, followed by Kansas City, followed by Texas. Pappy's or Bogart's in St. Louis is barbecue heaven. Try the barbecued prime rib. I've had the rest and St. Louis is the best.

Chocolate of Vanilla? Does anyone answer vanilla? If yes, are they sterilized on the spot to avoid polluting the gene pool?

Outside of The Affordable Health Care act we disagree on just about everything. Kansas City has way better BBQ then St. Louis

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford:

Its still funny how he's shouldering all the blame and fans think he suddenly needs a qb guru. The truth is that he needs a team and coaches that will put him in the best situation as possible. Someone suggested not to build around him and turn all the attention to Suh and build around him instead. Thats crazy to me. This team is in trouble if the fans have ultimately given up on the Qb. Stafford and Delmas are a bit similar to me as they both need to tone it down and stop being so overly aggressive with their talents. They need a coach to teach them how to stay in their element.

Everybody speaks building around STaff and CJ. The defense should always be built with him in mind until he regresses.

This was what I said. Only referring to defense there. Not the total team.

Yeah, Suh should be the focal point if this defense, if not the franchise, for the next decade.

I will not speak for Smitty. However I get just defense also. With the reference of possibly the "franchise"

Nothing wrong with making sure Suh has the people in place to maximize his talent.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullseye. When Taco Bell asks me if I want anything to drink, I tell them yes, but I have to go somewhere else to get Coke.

Another plank of the communist manifesto is about to be reached.

Since old lady Sutphen passed away, barbeque in my area has suffered greatly. Her sons aren't worth wasting lead on. St. Louis, Kansas City, Timbuktu, if it's pit barbeque I'm in.

Depends on what it is. I would rather have a vanilla coke than a chocolate coke.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Affordable Health Care act is the Subprime mortgage loan scam re-packaged, and when all the people who could never afford health insurance inevitably default, the rest of our premiums will rise in order to adsorb the hit the same way or home values plummeted to compensate for all those folks who defaulted on the home loans they were obviously never going to be able to afford. The good news is the ones pulling the string gets rich either way.

My garbage man hates me because I'm lazy and don't break down giant baby furniture boxes.

I feel better know that Leslie Frazier won't be Lovie's DC. I really liked the idea of an all ex NFC North squad. Oh well.

Who runs our defense if Wisenhunt is the next HC? No one really talking about this yet in the media. AZ, Pitt and SD all run 3-4 and Mayhew clearly said a guy who runs a 4-3 is ideal.

My neighbors are nice people but reek of cigarette smoke. Every time I leave or come home they're out there smoking.

I can never decide if I shovel the snow not or later.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You guys are crazy

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what it is. I would rather have a vanilla coke than a chocolate coke.

I can tell I am a diabetic... I saw CAKE and thought chocolate cake is better!! Not as good as pineapple upside down cake but none the less, way better than vanilla cake.

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pineapple upside-down cake is the greatest invention since a hooker on a Saturday night. When you bite it, the fusion between the cakem pineapple and leftover rib tip bits in your mouth is fantastic. Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of The Affordable Health Care act we disagree on just about everything. Kansas City has way better BBQ then St. Louis

Vanilla over chocolate? Please step in front of the X-ray machine and put this lead shield over everything but your groin for the next 10 minutes please, sir.

And Coke is it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanilla over chocolate? Please step in front of the X-ray machine and put this lead shield over everything but your groin for the next 10 minutes please, sir.

And Coke is it.

I took care of baby concerns just after my daughter was born, no need for a second.

Vanilla vs. Chocolate is product specific really. Cake is better with Chocolate, Vanilla ice cream is hands down the best.

Coke tastes like shit, and I say that knowing it is an insult to all things that taste like shit.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coke tastes like shit, and I say that knowing it is an insult to all things that taste like shit.

The entire world outside of France and Quebec disagree with you. That's right, you and the French are the only ones who think that way.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire world outside of France and Quebec disagree with you. That's right, you and the French are the only ones who think that way.

I don't drink much soda but when I do, it's mixed with whiskey. Never mix whiskey with Pepsi.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pepsi wins every blind taste test every time, People stick with coke because they are stupid and name brand means more than quality to them.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is a discussion on which is better mixed with alcohol it is a completely new argument. I would have rum and cokes babies

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepsi wins every blind taste test every time, People stick with coke because they are stupid and name brand means more than quality to them.

Just because blind people like it, doesn't mean everyone else does.:laugh3: