• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my plan for the 2018 skins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am thinking he is an avg player too . but when he was playing our o/line was doing well . now it looks like moses is out till and may not be ready for TC

what happened to Moses?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I've come to the conclusion that we haven't bottomed out yet. We need a truly terrible season where Danny finally says fuck it, I'm selling. It has to be bad. Like no one in the stands bad. It may take a couple of seasons, but it needs to start now. The hell with the 3 year rebuild plan. We need a 3 year destruction plan. I hope we trade up in the draft taking Mayfield or Jackson as our "future QB". We give the kings ransom for the trade. Then we sign a couple of expensive, over the hill FAs that eat up all of our cap. I'm not sure who, but I'm sure Dean has a couple of them he covets. They will do just fine. Spend all of our money on other's problems and let our own home grown talent walk. DO this for a few years and we might finally be on the path to respectability some day.

I think we need SEAL to call in a bomb strike in Potomac. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redskins.com

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 million is a no brainer. that is almost vet minimum. At that price I would want him back and I think he just an average player.
vet min is 790,000

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I've come to the conclusion that we haven't bottomed out yet. We need a truly terrible season where Danny finally says fuck it, I'm selling. It has to be bad. Like no one in the stands bad. It may take a couple of seasons, but it needs to start now. The hell with the 3 year rebuild plan. We need a 3 year destruction plan. I hope we trade up in the draft taking Mayfield or Jackson as our "future QB". We give the kings ransom for the trade. Then we sign a couple of expensive, over the hill FAs that eat up all of our cap. I'm not sure who, but I'm sure Dean has a couple of them he covets. They will do just fine. Spend all of our money on other's problems and let our own home grown talent walk. DO this for a few years and we might finally be on the path to respectability some day.

I mean committing to a very average to below average 34 year old qb for the next 3-4 years is a start.... its not like Alex Smith will be an exciting gunslinger.

Attendance could get real ugly by week 10 and 2019? forget about it.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all BS aside , we have CDC now , so what do we do ? here is how i see it and what we should do

first i am goingwith ,the picks we have are the picks we are going to have . if we get more picks great but for planning purposes i will say we cant change that

my first assumption is with Smith learning a new offense , they may take a few weeks to be what they can be . not because of talent but because of familiarity. it will take time for smith to get comfortable with reed . and sprinkle at TE . he should be ok with davis . at WR dox and crowder will need time with smith to develop chemistry . i dont see the skins playing smith a whole lot in preseason . that will hurt but their history with this coach is he wont play smith a lot

so lets talk offense , how do we help smith ? we need a OG , a WR , a RB right off the top

i am torn here , because my gut says our best bet to get a quality wr is in FA . that , is my first priority in FA .
it can be robinson , watkins , richardson , mathews or whatever , but with dox , i would like a vet to teach him the ropes . i would like to see more PT for our draft pick davis and harris . one of those guys has to replace grant unless we get him back cheap

at RB , most people say draft one , but with the fact we dont have a 3rd rounder i am reluctant to do that . , mainly its because in round 4 i dont think we can get the back we need . i am of the opinion we should sign isaiah crowell , the skins like him and i think he can be our back with perine and CT in the mix . i would put kelley in paul's place at FB . now you sub in a FA RB if you want but i think that our LOS is most important and hence our 1st 2 picks should be there

so on the o/line i have 2 options , hernandez in round 1 (if defense lineman gone ) or round 2 og wynn . i think both are day one plug and play guys i resign long . he can start at both center and OG and he would be at worst very good depth . forget the 8 mil a year he will come in much cheaper

now for the defense , this unit is key because it has to play well to weather the early storm of lack of offense early and truth be told we arent making the playoffs with our crappy run defense and giving up the points we did .

first thing we need to do is get another quality d/lineman , now it could be logan or someone else in FA but he must be young and not some older stiff . i would also bring phil taylor back . he would be cheap and if healthy he is a huge upgrade over ziggy hood

now in the draft my 1st target would be between vea and payne , whichever one is there . a young starting line of ionman allen and said rookie would be a great start with mcgee, lanier , taylor cycling through with little drop off

i would resign TM for sure . he can play on the d/line and at OLB and i believe he and smith make a great pair .

we have a hole at ILB and i am inclined to move anderson over there to fill it . he got some play last season and he learned but moving him to ILB , i think gets him on the field with his intensity . i also think harvey clemons will make a jump and provide quality 3rd down /passing situation play and good depth and speed at ILB

at corner we are taking a hit losing 2 good young CBs in fuller and BB . i think FM will make a jump up and equal fuller in quality of play but he will play outside . i like hosley but he hasnt shown enough for me to count on and dunbar is a good cb too but i lean resigning BB or signing butler or johnson or robinson . i like our guys so BB is my first choice

at safety i am happy with DJ and montea starting , montea should make a huge jump in year 2 and be healthy . he has the best range we have had in pass defense this decade at least . . i would like to add another safety and stroman from UVA would be a nice pick up

to me this is the best way to proceed

i will put out a new mock draft , in the mock draft thread

I can go alone with that. A course I have a few different takes on it but for the most sounds good to me. Now contrary to Gruden plan I would put more emphasis on the RG, essentially a more balance attack.

I have been talking about win the LOS for along time here. Nelson, Payne, Wynn and a few others would be my pick at 13. Maybe even a trade down.

At TE we need a blocking TE that can also catch the ball maybe Sprinkle can be that guy. To me this draft has many good pass catching TE's.

We need a descent blocking FB. One that can also catch and run the ball. Dimitri Flowers fits that bill. He will be there in the late rds. A better power RG will work wonders for our Skins.

At RB Josh Adams and Rashaad Penny are high on my board but neither one will be available when we pick. So maybe some FA will fill the spot here.

Now for the D well we all know about the poor DL play we had for yrs. Many place the blame on injuries last yr and this is an valid point but like I said we have been like this for yrs now. Not only do we need improvement at the LOS we need for crying out loud improve with the tackling. This is one of the most frustrating issue. Just to many miss tackles. This issue also goes hand in hand with some of the poor D's we had here for yrs and it is a simple issue. I want to say it is coaching but I have seen players in position to make the tackle and poof what happen.

The retooling will take awhile but improving on both side of the LOS, better tackling and a better RG will definitely speed up the process.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this is a complete joke. Tanks might work in the NBA - they don't work in the NFL - just ask the Browns.

That's kinda tbd. They're halfway through their own version of the process right now and they have an obscene amount of draft capital. I think it definitely could work in the NFL but they've switched front offices so I'm not sure I really trust them to carry through.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about "trusting the process?"

I think maybe a tank is in order. Lose on purpose for several years, amass high draft choices. It's clear the Redskins are not going to win anything with their current core, which lacks talent at literally all offensive skill positions. So why not try to lose for a few years?

cMBH1WPa2Lstykoe2nFEnHw6Kl5J0eXCyac6dt1_1uw.png

While I do think teams should do this, we aren' that bad, it wouldn't really make sense for us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can go alone with that. A course I have a few different takes on it but for the most sounds good to me. Now contrary to Gruden plan I would put more emphasis on the RG, essentially a more balance attack.

I have been talking about win the LOS for along time here. Nelson, Payne, Wynn and a few others would be my pick at 13. Maybe even a trade down.

At TE we need a blocking TE that can also catch the ball maybe Sprinkle can be that guy. To me this draft has many good pass catching TE's.

We need a descent blocking FB. One that can also catch and run the ball. Dimitri Flowers fits that bill. He will be there in the late rds. A better power RG will work wonders for our Skins.

At RB Josh Adams and Rashaad Penny are high on my board but neither one will be available when we pick. So maybe some FA will fill the spot here.

Now for the D well we all know about the poor DL play we had for yrs. Many place the blame on injuries last yr and this is an valid point but like I said we have been like this for yrs now. Not only do we need improvement at the LOS we need for crying out loud improve with the tackling. This is one of the most frustrating issue. Just to many miss tackles. This issue also goes hand in hand with some of the poor D's we had here for yrs and it is a simple issue. I want to say it is coaching but I have seen players in position to make the tackle and poof what happen.

The retooling will take awhile but improving on both side of the LOS, better tackling and a better RG will definitely speed up the process.

We don’t use a FB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do think teams should do this, we aren' that bad, it wouldn't really make sense for us.

While I'm 100% against tanking, here's a look at our last season, and record, I can see where a strategic loss or two after going 4-6 might have helped with our draft position.

L 30-17 ......... (0-1)
W 27-20 ........ (1-1)
W 27-10......... (2-1)
L 29-20 ......... (2-2)
W 26-24......... (3-2)
L 34-24 ......... (3-3)
L 33-19.......... (3-4)
W 17-14......... (4-4)
L 38-30.......... (4-5)
L 34-31, OT.... (4-6)
W 20-10......... (5-6)
L 38-14.......... (5-7)
L 30-13 ......... (5-8)
W 20-15......... (6-8)
W 27-11......... (7-8)
L 18-10 ......... (7-9)

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm 100% against tanking, here's a look at our last season, and record, I can see where a strategic loss or two after going 4-6 might have helped with our draft position.

L 30-17 ......... (0-1)
W 27-20 ........ (1-1)
W 27-10......... (2-1)
L 29-20 ......... (2-2)
W 26-24......... (3-2)
L 34-24 ......... (3-3)
L 33-19.......... (3-4)
W 17-14......... (4-4)
L 38-30.......... (4-5)
L 34-31, OT.... (4-6)
W 20-10......... (5-6)
L 38-14.......... (5-7)
L 30-13 ......... (5-8)
W 20-15......... (6-8)
W 27-11......... (7-8)
L 18-10 ......... (7-9)

Well sure it would've helped draft position but you can't really force players and coaches to give up. The only practical way of tanking imo is dumping all your vets and just hoarding picks and cap space and accepting that you're ok with going 1-15.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

L 30-17 ......... (0-1)
W 27-20 ........ (1-1)
W 27-10......... (2-1)
L 29-20 ......... (2-2)
W 26-24......... (3-2)
L 34-24 ......... (3-3)
L 33-19.......... (3-4)
W 17-14......... (4-4)
L 38-30.......... (4-5)
L 34-31, OT.... (4-6)
W 20-10......... (5-6)
L 38-14.......... (5-7)
L 30-13 ......... (5-8)
W 20-15......... (6-8)
W 27-11......... (7-8)
L 18-10 ......... (7-9)

You had a QB, and quite a few players basically playing for their next job. You had a coach who has had one winning season despite just getting an extension.

You think Bruce would be able to convince this group losing out was in their best interests??

Besides, Bruce did his damndest to tank the season before it even started by deciding we would be ok with projects at WR and RB, and bargain basement shopping in Free Agency.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure it would've helped draft position but you can't really force players and coaches to give up. The only practical way of tanking imo is dumping all your vets and just hoarding picks and cap space and accepting that you're ok with going 1-15.

Again, I'm 100% against tanking, I was just showing where it MIGHT have been done as the season progressed.

Now about, how it could have been done, take the ball out of the passing attack and emphasize the running game, that we didn't have. Play callers have a lot of power and as such, under instruction from a higher up, might have easily run the ball on the first two downs, consistently put the team in 3rd and long, situations then either opted for the long ball or some sort of, (and dammit I'm reluctant to use this) check down, swing pass, pitch, or some play that had little or no chance to gain the necessary ground.

The fallout from that of course would have been, losing the locker room, and having to feign at being outraged at both the play calling and execution of the same.

I wouldn't do any of this, but as you can clearly see, it can be done without the consent of the players.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a QB, and quite a few players basically playing for their next job. You had a coach who has had one winning season despite just getting an extension.

You think Bruce would be able to convince this group losing out was in their best interests??

Besides, Bruce did his damndest to tank the season before it even started by deciding we would be ok with projects at WR and RB, and bargain basement shopping in Free Agency.

He wouldn't have to, see my response to @ehb5. For the record, I did say that I'm 100% AGAINST doing something like this.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm 100% against tanking, I was just showing where it MIGHT have been done as the season progressed.

Now about, how it could have been done, take the ball out of the passing attack and emphasize the running game, that we didn't have. Play callers have a lot of power and as such, under instruction from a higher up, might have easily run the ball on the first two downs, consistently put the team in 3rd and long, situations then either opted for the long ball or some sort of, (and dammit I'm reluctant to use this) check down, swing pass, pitch, or some play that had little or no chance to gain the necessary ground.

The fallout from that of course would have been, losing the locker room, and having to feign at being outraged at both the play calling and execution of the same.

I wouldn't do any of this, but as you can clearly see, it can be done without the consent of the players.

Sure but like you said that's basically gonna lead to a mutiny and now you'll be stuck having to clean house completely and start from the ground up.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but like you said that's basically gonna lead to a mutiny and now you'll be stuck having to clean house completely and start from the ground up.

Exactly, but that's precisely the MO of this team since Snyder has taken control of it. Well, to be fair, there was a moment when SM was hired and things appeared to settle into a less dysfunctional state. If we ever cared to do it, I'll bet that every one here could look back and note how many rebuilds we've had in the last 18-19 years.

Don't misread this as my attempt to bash the front offices, because to do so smears some very hard working, well intentioned folks in Mr. Snyder's business. My focus is ONLY aimed at Bruce Allen and his boss. Bruce is pretty good at managing the cap and structuring contracts (bachelor's degree - business marketing, Richmond) and should be relegated to that if Snyder truly wants him to stay for future stadium efforts.