• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My new Avatar.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, it was nice meeting you. I'll go introduce myself soon. I am about ready to head in as well.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up near Springfield, Mo. Have lived in Texas since 1985. Actually used to watch the Sooners play in the Big 8 because of Mizzou. Never watched UT until I came to Texas and have never been a fan. Interesting that when I was adjunct teaching at OKCCC in the early 2000's some students got all riled up at me on the Texas-OU weekend. I loved teaching there but it was so far away and I got a full time gig here.

So to answer your question. I am a fan of the Cards, Royals and the Rangers. Rangers really only because that is what I can watch for free. It used to be like watching a train wreck but now is pretty good.

Is OKCCC right off of I-44? I think I remember going by it to get to the city from Lawton, which is where I'm from.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is actually on May Ave but is right off of 44. Very easy to get to. I really like Oklahoma City. Would be a nice place to live except I am scared of tornadoes. I have an aunt who lives in a trailer house in Mustang. Not really the wisest scenario.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped an Optics course once and then sold the book to a student in the next semester. It was the most awful course ever. Nothing but geometry. Now I am pretty good at statistics. Took a lot of those courses in graduate school.

Oh come on optics classes are great. That is all I took in college like fundamentals of optics, electro optics, wave optics. I majored in Laser Electro-Optics so I do lots of laser physics, optics work, and play with laser's all day.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Laserman that is great for you. I thought I would enjoy it but we had this visiting professor with no experience and I am not sure he had a grasp of the material. In any case, that particular class was a nightmare. Yep, I was honestly super excited when I signed up for the course and let me tell you that soured very quickly. Of course, there is no denying that I just plain didn't study enough. But now that I am an expert in college teaching I have to say that I find that there is a fundamental problem with the way Physics is instructed. At least in the school I graduated from.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Laserman that is great for you. I thought I would enjoy it but we had this visiting professor with no experience and I am not sure he had a grasp of the material. In any case, that particular class was a nightmare. Yep, I was honestly super excited when I signed up for the course and let me tell you that soured very quickly. Of course, there is no denying that I just plain didn't study enough. But now that I am an expert in college teaching I have to say that I find that there is a fundamental problem with the way Physics is instructed. At least in the school I graduated from.

Yeah I am biased to the laser physics and optics part. I really liked when we got into 2nd harmonic generation in my wave optics class. It was just very very interesting to me.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they are going to have to do something. That new ESPN board just isn't up to snuff.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and we all thought you were a blond!

If you want you should be able to copy down your other Avatar from the ESPN board.

I will probably do that. I like it better I think though some people describe it as "cartoony". :cool2:

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I described how to get to the water cooler in the other thread but if you missed it just go to All Sports Forum and click on the tab and then scroll down.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to see how the board works for a bit. Am not interested in all the 'spinning thingies' >>>

Lots more "robustness" tools above that work than the new ESPN forum.

Yeah, there are more icons and things you can use. I just hope they don't get too out of hand. I like the boards so far though.

Can't figure out why this exists:

:hdn: