• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my mock off season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so let the bullets fly here i took some ideas of what some posters mentioned and tried to come up with a good off season for us , here goes

1) Move allen upstairs as VP and hire eric decosta of the ravens . he has been witing for OZ to retire so we might get him if we pay

other good options
nick caserio director of player personnel for the pats

1a) Enlarge scouting dept . currently the smallest in the NFL

2) Fire haslett and replace him with Ryan from New York . If that isnt viable i like the young kevin ross from az. others in the mix are pepper johnson (bills) , mike caldwell (cards) kieth butler (steelers )

3) guys to let walk , rak, helu, clark merriweather, Polo, hankerson , moss, nield , a robinson, biggers and compton

4 ) resign forbath, niles paul, mccoy, j jenkins
5) trade garcon (9.7) Rg3 (6.7) mil
6) cut bowen , cofield , chester , lavou paulson and porter save 29.2 mil
7) free agents to target
justin houston OLB 12 mil probably wont be there but hali could be for cheaper
jermaine gresham TE 5.5 mil , reed is a health concern and gresham is a big strong tall TE
clint boling OG 4 mil he isnt the greatest OG in the NFL but he is an upgrade over lavou and he fits gruden's style
stefen wisniewsky C/G 3.5 upgrade over chester for sure and is bigger then stieger
devin mccourty FS 9 mil yeah itsan overpay but he is the best on the market and a year younger then byrd
jared odrick de 4m pays tackle in miami but he is big enough and young enough to be our DE
sam bradford QB he will have to be cut in st louis and it is a risk however he is worth a gamble to run the team till we draft the right guy

now i will answer any questions you guys have about cap space etc and why i chose to let go, cut , or resign when its asked

what do you think ?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort Daddio. I'm sure some of this will get scrutinized and picked apart, but you gave us some great ideas. Thanks!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good but will not work nothing works

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort Daddio. I'm sure some of this will get scrutinized and picked apart, but you gave us some great ideas. Thanks!

some may have a better idea for sure but i put mine out there

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty is going to get 9 Million a year? Wow. #6 is right on. I think its funny they would give up on lavuo after one year. Who is responsible for bring him in? Worst FA signing this off season for his play and the money he got.

Much to early to do this. The real off season question would be if we take Winston or not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad you cut or traded about 18 players and signed 5. Where are the other 13 players coming from?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been around most of you folks on here for 4 or 5 years and watched your plans to rebuild. You can pick players until the cows come home but until things change in the front office nothing is going to change with this team. No one wants to think like that, it certainly isn't fun.

For starters I agree with dad, the scouting department has to be revamped. The team needs a real GM and he needs to be allowed to do his job without interfence.

Next, if they are serious and they think they have the right coach the front office needs to empower him and let him do his job. No more deciding who the starting QB is telling him who will play. People need to earn their positions and if they don't perform they need to be benched or cut.

I have watched players come and go, coaches come and go but the one constant is losing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad you cut or traded about 18 players and signed 5. Where are the other 13 players coming from?

oh i am sure we will get a few lesser known fa's and udfa's or we keep some people i say let walk etc

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty is going to get 9 Million a year? Wow. #6 is right on. I think its funny they would give up on lavuo after one year. Who is responsible for bring him in? Worst FA signing this off season for his play and the money he got.

Much to early to do this. The real off season question would be if we take Winston or not.

if we draft winston then we are doomed to more failure

mcourty i said would be an overpay

and all gm's make mistakes on fa's

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Wade Phillips as D coordinator? We already have his son as the TE coach, or do you think the father/son combination is road we shouldn't do again?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Wade Phillips as D coordinator? We already have his son as the TE coach, or do you think the father/son combination is road we shouldn't do again?

I love the idea of Wade as DC

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like steps 1. 1a. and 2. we could get all the names we want but we have to fix the problems higher up to be a decent franchise.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good stuff there dad. I may be in the minority here, but if the Skins could get some players at S, DL, and OL...via draft and FA, day 1 starters, then we could be in much better shape next year. Possibly better than a .500 team.

I didn't realize the smallest scouting department resided in DC. Inept and undermanned. Unacceptable.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good attempt Skinsdad. The first 2-3 items are especially important. Don't really care about specific player personnel suggestions since people will have varying opinions & several may not work out for reasons beyond the Redskins control.

As I mentioned previously - what really matters is a change in mindset & in the infrastructure. Players come & go - the philosophy & general direction should not change, and obviously it ain't working at the current time at Redskins Park. This organization needs a week or so offsite mtg where the top dogs can consider suggestions like you mention in 1 & 2 above & take it from there. That is what really matters at this time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly hope that you are joking. If this team makes a move like this then it will prove that they have learned nothing, and this team will be doomed for another 5+ years.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't there be a lot of dead money for Lauvao?

I don't see Winston getting past the teams ahead of us, all in need of a QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares. Given the recent problems with Winston as well as the circus surrounding RG3 this team would be the laughing stock of the NFL if they selected this guy.

This team does not need to spend a lot to get another QB at this time. If this team improves in other areas I am good with that even if it means that they don't have their future QB at this time. They can always find that person in 2016.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but there is alot of football left to be played. This team could win another game or two, but with the way the defense is playing, I wouldn't be shocked if they lost out (St. Louis and the 3 division opponents).

If that was the case, do not be surprised to see The Redskins move into the Top 3-5 picks. Some of the QB needy teams worse than us right now play each other before the end of the year (Tennessee, NYJ), some of the others play some fairly winnable games as well (Jax vs. Tennessee-- Tampa vs. Carolina).

We will just have to see how it plays out. If Wash. loses out, ideally they could move the pick to whomever is looking to move up for Winston or Mariota. Hell, we don't even know if Oakland will definetely take one either. They just picked Carr up last year. Are they gonna give up on him already??

If we totally shit the bed the rest of the way, maybe the football gods will even bless us with a RG3 like trade offer :)

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good attempt Skinsdad. The first 2-3 items are especially important. Don't really care about specific player personnel suggestions since people will have varying opinions & several may not work out for reasons beyond the Redskins control.

As I mentioned previously - what really matters is a change in mindset & in the infrastructure. Players come & go - the philosophy & general direction should not change, and obviously it ain't working at the current time at Redskins Park. This organization needs a week or so offsite mtg where the top dogs can consider suggestions like you mention in 1 & 2 above & take it from there. That is what really matters at this time.

the only player I would push hard for as far as names go is bradford . he is the only real qb out there who is an upgrade over what we have (if healthy) it is a gamble , he does have health issues galore , but he is better then anything we have on the roster and he can run the offense the way gruden wants it

the first 2 items are really the only ones that most people could agree on . players come and go . houston could resign leaving hali or someone else becomes available we may keep rak at 5 mil , who knows ?