• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last and toughest draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 teams, ppr, big play and yardage bonuses. 2 qb. ONLY 3 BENCH

So heres the team, pick 6

QB-Mahomes
QB-Watson
Rb-David Johnson
RB-Chris Carson
WR-Keenan Allen
WR-Tyler Boyd
WR-Dede Westbrook
TE-Evan Engram
K
D

Bench-Garapollo
Bench-Guice
Bench-Drake

So My thoughts

Wanted a stud RB , period. Had to taje DJ or conner round 1

Round 2- Plan was a qb in the first 3 rounds, mahomes was there in 2, pulled the trigger

round 3-Needed a WR Allen BPA

Round 4-too enticing not to pair watson with mahomes

round 5-Chris Carons sitting there, obvious choice

round 6- boyd there, should be used heavily

round 7-If they stay true to him being a 3 down back, which they say, still a good pick in round 7

Round 8-Evan Engram-Love him this year, with no ODB, see him as easy 100+ targets

Round 9-Im all over dede westbrook this year, foles targeted the heck out of him. They dont have much.
COuld back fire but sure wr 3 in ppr

round 10-starting to buld my 3 man bench. With 2 qbs, things get scarce with injuries and byes, locked up a high upsdie back up

round 11-things are tough here, you only have two bench spots. its early in the year, so im going upside, my targets here were guice, lat murray, and kenyan drake. I went guice

round 12-to my suprise lat murrary and drake still there, i went drake just due to ppr.

round 13-ravens d, juicy week 1 matchup with miami

round 14- mason crosby its a kicker

My thoughts-

Love love my qb's.

Rb's-i really cant complain i have 3 definite RB1's for their team, all who catch some balls, and two bench guys with some upside

Wr-Meh had to sacrifice somewhere. Certainly not ideal to have allen as wr1. But it could be worse than him, boyd, westbrook. The obvious is I have no WR on the bench. I thought it would be better to grab RB's. Its easier to find wr's after week one than rb's IMHO.

TE-again LOVE engram in ppr

Waiver wire wise.......for those three bench spots........

QB-Josh allen, darnol, dalton
RB-tony pollard, justin jackson, jordan howard, ballage, mccoy
WR-Marvin Jones, Geronimo, anthony miller, sutton, crowder
TE-Burton, rudolph, ebron

I dont see many moves to make.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never played in a 2QB league before but I would think you win a shit ton of games just on the Mahomes/Watson combo.

EDIT: And how the fuck do you get Watson in the 4th round of a 2QB league in the first place?????? Dafuq am I missing here?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never played in a 2QB league before but I would think you win a shit ton of games just on the Mahomes/Watson combo.

EDIT: And how the fuck do you get Watson in the 4th round of a 2QB league in the first place?????? Dafuq am I missing here?
man i dunno! this is my 4th year in the league. The first year i was adamant i was stock pilling picks, and drafting qb's late, one buddy said no you cant do that. My other buddy(who won the league the year before when i wasnt in). waited till the last few rounds to draft qb's and streamed and crushed everyone. I GOT KILLED

next year round one pick 5 i took rodgers.........i did pretty well top 3-4
last year injuries got me but i still did well, been taking qbs in the first 2 rounds and locking them up by round 5....

but mahomes i figured sure fire round 1. 3 years ago luck went #1.......3-4 qbs go in round 1.........mahomes at pick 15.......sure.....watson was the guy i wanted to pair, and no one was taking them, so i pounced.......

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like your leaguemates weren't sure what 2QB meant

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like your leaguemates weren't sure what 2QB meant
i know, but they usually are, they all have been in this league.........and they usually fly early, maybe bc qb is deep this year.....but to pair two potential top 5, im in

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you start two QB's, and you get yardage and big play bonuses, and you somehow scored Mahommes AND Watson? Is there some sort of ridiculous 1 pt per passing TD, 8 pts for rushing/receiving ones, that you're missing here or something? Cuz if not, those two pucks just won the league. Rest of your team is perfectly fine outside of WR3, so I can't see how you aren't the favorite in this one. Well done

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like your team a lot, not meaning to highjack your thread here, but just finished my super flex 2plyr keeper league start up draft. i picked from the 5 spot, and we started things off very similarly

upload_2019-9-1_11-26-10.png

was also targeting Mahomes/Watson, but he didn't fall to me in the 3rd...that's right, I was planning on getting that same combo by doubling up on QBs early AF

funny that we both ended up with Allen as BPA. I think Duke in the 8th and Singletary in the 10th were STEALS considering the recent news, but that's just my opinion. The Singletary pick cost me Lat Murray, but I sniped that owner back when I took Curtis Samuel so we're even.

commish messed up the draft settings, Seattle DST was added - had them pegged as a top unit to stream week 1 BEFORE they acquired Clowney. This team might be crazy awesome on D again like the good ol'days, only the strength upfront is better than the secondary this go round.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know, but they usually are, they all have been in this league.........and they usually fly early, maybe bc qb is deep this year.....but to pair two potential top 5, im in

Man.

10 team league, you got the best 2 QBs IMO and the rest of your roster is still solid.

Everybody is good in a 10 teamer, but this is going to be hard to beat.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like your team a lot, not meaning to highjack your thread here, but just finished my super flex 2plyr keeper league start up draft. i picked from the 5 spot, and we started things off very similarly

View attachment 215355

was also targeting Mahomes/Watson, but he didn't fall to me in the 3rd...that's right, I was planning on getting that same combo by doubling up on QBs early AF

funny that we both ended up with Allen as BPA. I think Duke in the 8th and Singletary in the 10th were STEALS considering the recent news, but that's just my opinion. The Singletary pick cost me Lat Murray, but I sniped that owner back when I took Curtis Samuel so we're even.

commish messed up the draft settings, Seattle DST was added - had them pegged as a top unit to stream week 1 BEFORE they acquired Clowney. This team might be crazy awesome on D again like the good ol'days, only the strength upfront is better than the secondary this go round.

whats funny is, josh jacobs was a target if i didnt get carson, woods was also a target and got taken right before boyd! or we would be identicial early. I also thought of taking samuel.

i think waiting when u didnt get watson and nabbing ben was a great play.

like me your wr's are the weakness, but should suffice.

You cuffed zeke, and like you said singletary, and johnson were steals.

i really like the team bud

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

10 team league, you got the best 2 QBs IMO and the rest of your roster is still solid.

Everybody is good in a 10 teamer, but this is going to be hard to beat.
fantasy pros ranks me 4th

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you start two QB's, and you get yardage and big play bonuses, and you somehow scored Mahommes AND Watson? Is there some sort of ridiculous 1 pt per passing TD, 8 pts for rushing/receiving ones, that you're missing here or something? Cuz if not, those two pucks just won the league. Rest of your team is perfectly fine outside of WR3, so I can't see how you aren't the favorite in this one. Well done
nope its 4 pts a td, but still..........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 for rushing/receiving? That levels things a bit, but still, you should be feeling pretty good
yep,

Bonuses are
3 points 300 yards passing
5 points 400 yards passing
7 points 500 yards passing

3 points 100 yards rushing
5 points 175 yards rushing
7 points 225 yards rushing

3 points 125 yards receiving
5 points 175 yards receiving
7 points 225 yards receiving

not sure why the 3 point bonus is different?

PPR

40 yard completions 2 points
40 yards passing touchdown 2 points
40 yard run 2 points
40 yard rush TD 2 points
40 yard reception 2 points
40 yard receiving td 2 points

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did miss that yes so roster should be.

QB-Mahomes
QB-Watson
Rb-David Johnson
RB-Chris Carson
WR-Keenan Allen
WR-Tyler Boyd
WR-Dede Westbrook
Flex-Marlon Mack
TE-Evan Engram
K-Crosby
D-Ravens D
Bench-Garapollo
Bench-Guice
Bench-Drake

Ill post a the 2-3 other good rosters IMHO

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny fantasypros gives me a good draft grade , yahoo im like 6/7th in the league/ The same guy is the tops in both

upload_2019-9-1_13-3-16.png
the one in black is the projected top team, the other three seem to be consensus next man up