• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Early Pre-season Power Poll....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of free agency to be decided.
But, based on expected injury healings and reasonable roster moves.

Here is how the 2013-2014 Power Poll should start in my opinion.

1. MIAMI
They wont dominate the East as easily. But, Lebron should carry them to 59 wins.

2A. SAN ANTONIO
I think they were a slightly better team than OKC. They got injured a lot in March and people forgot they were the better team 70% of the season. At full strength, they were a tiny bit better than OKC (with Martin instead of Harden). Leonard, Splitter, Neal, and Green will continue to develop.

2B. OKC
If Westbrook comes back clean. They are in a virtual tie with the Spurs. Durant/Westbrook make them a 55-60 win team regardless of the supporting cast. They will always regret letting Harden leave for Ibaka instead.

4. CHICAGO
This team is scary if Rose comes back to play. I can see them being the #1 overall seed. The experience of playing without Rose only makes the team more confident.

5. GOLDEN STATE
They are not your fathers warriors. They play defense and have some size. If David Lee and Bogut can stay upright, they will challenge for a top 4 seed in the West.

6. INDIANA
I think they are pretty close to their ceiling. They are not likely a true contender, but nobody wants to play them in a series.

7. LAKERS
Yes, these guys. There is too much talent for them to flop again.

8. GRIZZLIES
They are getting older. The window is closing, but they still can play defense.

9. CLIPPERS
I never bought into these guys, but they should win enough games to get a decent seed and homecourt.

10. BOSTON
Assuming the trades don't wreck everything. The Celtics are still very capable with a returning Rajon Rondo.

Free Agency could still elevate Dallas, Atlanta, and Houston.

I don't think NY, NJ, Denver, or anyone else can elevate to the top 10.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency will be interesting.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston over NY?

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE!!! Boston is kind of high but this is a culture thing and a playoffs thing. The Cs have a culture of hard team basketball which always trumps lazy D and an unwillingness to pass the ball.

That being said if the Cs blow up their roster and lose Doc then the Knicks will get it out of default.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Heat by default, will not finish in top 2
2 OKC or Indy
3 Indy or OKC...and in those slightest of margins in that order
4 SA, nobody is getting younger and let's remember that OKC was 38% injured in the playoffs.
5 Clippers
6 Rockets
7 Bulls, we need to see rose back at MVP caliber
8 Grizzlies
9 Nuggets
10 Warriors

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of this is so trivial not knowing where so many huge pieces are playing next year.

And clearly not if CP3 bolts to play with D12, then substitute that team for the Clippers easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will be off this list if Howard and makes the right decision and leave

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. MIAMI
They wont dominate the East as easily. But, Lebron should carry them to 59 wins.

2A. SAN ANTONIO
I think they were a slightly better team than OKC. They got injured a lot in March and people forgot they were the better team 70% of the season. At full strength, they were a tiny bit better than OKC (with Martin instead of Harden). Leonard, Splitter, Neal, and Green will continue to develop.

2B. OKC
If Westbrook comes back clean. They are in a virtual tie with the Spurs. Durant/Westbrook make them a 55-60 win team regardless of the supporting cast. They will always regret letting Harden leave for Ibaka instead.

4. CHICAGO
This team is scary if Rose comes back to play. I can see them being the #1 overall seed. The experience of playing without Rose only makes the team more confident.

5. GOLDEN STATE
They are not your fathers warriors. They play defense and have some size. If David Lee and Bogut can stay upright, they will challenge for a top 4 seed in the West.

6. INDIANA
I think they are pretty close to their ceiling. They are not likely a true contender, but nobody wants to play them in a series.

7. LAKERS

8. GRIZZLIES

9. CLIPPERS
I never bought into these guys, but they should win enough games to get a decent seed and homecourt.

10. BOSTON
Assuming the trades don't wreck everything. The Celtics are still very capable with a returning Rajon Rondo.

Isn't this a little early Horns. Can we at least see who's traded, who signs where, drafts, injurie updates. Kinda meaningless to speculate now.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will be off this list if Howard and makes the right decision and leave

They are not on it if he stays, last year they barely made the playoffs and barely played in the playoffs and now Kobe is coming back from a serious injury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. MIAMI

2A. SAN ANTONIO

2B. OKC

4. CHICAGO

5. GOLDEN STATE

6. INDIANA

7. LAKERS

8. GRIZZLIES

9. CLIPPERS

10. BOSTON

As of TODAY, the Celtics and Lakers have no business being on any top 10 list.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston's culture focused around the Big 3/4 (depending on how you want to look at it) and Doc Rivers. Rivers' last days of coaching in Boston seem to be coming to fruition and Pierce and KG want nothing to do with a rebuilding effort whatsoever. They likely won't even make the playoffs next season.