• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Draft Thoughts after Day one

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really strange draft. Not in the realm of who was taken but just the way it unfolded. A lot of interesting things here.

1. Veteran offensive lineman no matter how good they are seem to have little value around the league (Ben Grubs, Manny Ramirez virtually traded for nothing). But yet teams seem to be reaching to draft offensive lineman in round 1. The Redskins got an absolute stud in Scherff, the Giants took a late first round value in Flowers at #9, same with the Saints. Cedric Oghuebi coming off an ACL injury goes #21? Something just seems off there. Collins issue didn't help the situation but...

2. Except for a few instances (Winston, Ray) off the field issues are really being looked at hard by the teams. Le'll Collins, Jalen Collins, Randy Gregory, Dorial Green Beckham, all should have been top 20 picks (Ray could be added here) all except for Ray go undrafted in round 1.

3. As a result I think it hampered trades because the draft pretty quickly got into a large tier 3 players

4. I love the Eagles pick of Agholor but I do want to caution one thing, We have ignored the defensive backfield all too often on draft day. Somehow someway Chip needs to come away with a starting caliber corner or safety or both today

5. I don't believe the offers that have been thrown out there for Mariota. Chip may be a novice at this GM thing but he is not dumb enough to give away Cox, Kendricks, Bradford, Boykin, Mathis etc in that deal.

6. With that said I do except at least one player to be dealt in the next two days.

My pick for #52 is going to be Adrian Amos, I would except that Rollins, Collins, PJ Williams, Eric Rowe will all be gone by 52. The next best player who fits the system in my opinion is Amos. If Rowe, Collins, Willimas or Rollins happens to fall then I am fine with taking any of them over Amos

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it was a surprisingly predictable first round. Not every pick was predictable, in terms of which teams got which guys, but there were very few picks that anyone thought would not go within the top 32.

My sense is Chip will trade up in the second round using Kendricks or Boykin, and try to get Fisher or Rowe. But there are other teams reportedly interested in trading up for QBs among other players. It's going to be competitive to move up in this round IMO.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding your initial point, I'm thinking Mathis will be here till his contract is up. .as you stated ..not much value out there for him.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amos might be there in round 4. No way he goes in round 2.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Amos goes before our pick in the 4th - then I'd go for Tartt, or Campbell, whichever is available.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Amos goes before our pick in the 4th - then I'd go for Tartt, or Campbell, whichever is available.

I also meant that if we don't get Rowe or another top S, then I want one of the guys above.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amos might be there in round 4. No way he goes in round 2.

He probably wont make it out of round 2, let alone round 3. And like I said I would only go with Amos if Rowe, Collins, Rollins or PJ Williams is not there.

Here is another tid bit on Amos, he was the prospect Chip met with the most other than Agholor