• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2015 NFL seasonprojections

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be in the minority here but I don't think the colts have improved as much as people like to give them credit. Probably a similar outing like last year for them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be in the minority here but I don't think the colts have improved as much as people like to give them credit. Probably a similar outing like last year for them.

This is me too. I don't get the Indy love. They still have terrible OL and DL in my opinion. They just lost one of their best DL players for the season to ankle surgery. Luck is good but I don't think he is good enough to overcome a terrible OL and while the run game should be a bit better I don't see it being enough to take all the pressure off of Luck. Throw in the teams that they do play that are top level have great DL's that should get after Luck who at times can be rattled into making some mistakes. Defensively they look like an average bunch. I see Mathis (who is getting way up in age) and Davis as the only two guys on defense that cause any concern for an opposing team.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of the argument is "Andrew Luck is really good at football".

Not a bad argument, really.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of the argument is "Andrew Luck is really good at football".

Not a bad argument, really.

We have seen over and over though an example of a great QB surrounded by subpar talent that can make the playoffs yet not win it when it matters most. I mean Indy should be used that story by now as they had that with Manning where they had some talent especially on the offensive side of the ball but because they were such an inbalanced team and depended so much on the QB to produce they came up short against the better teams.

I mean if having a Great QB is all you need then why hasn't the Packers won it every year with Rodgers at the helm? When it comes to the playoffs it takes more than just having a really good QB who is good at football to win it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My annual list here. Let me just say if you are a cowboys and eagles fan you don't want to read this.

2015 NFL season predictions: Predicting the 2015 NFL season standings/playoffs

It's an interesting read. I have to admit I skipped quite a bit of it. I read the Seahawks part of course and in it you say Seattle will finally sweep San Fran for the first time in 6 years, but I'm pretty sure that happened last year already.

Anyway, I also picked Indy to win the AFC. And naturally I'm going with the Hawks. We just disagree on the SB outcome.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting read. I have to admit I skipped quite a bit of it. I read the Seahawks part of course and in it you say Seattle will finally sweep San Fran for the first time in 6 years, but I'm pretty sure that happened last year already.

Anyway, I also picked Indy to win the AFC. And naturally I'm going with the Hawks. We just disagree on the SB outcome.

What is it that I am missing about Indy? OL wise they still look average at best. They brought in Frank Gore who I guess is an upgrade at RB but really by how much? WR wise I do like the signing of Andre Johnson but he is getting up in age as well and then they used a 1st round pick on a guy that most likely doesn't hardly see the field.

Defensively they just lost their best guy against the run in Arthur Jones for the season when they were already a terrible team against the run. Secondary wise they have Davis but not much else. So again I ask what do others see that I don't? I know Luck is this huge figure but so far in his career he has shown to be even more inept in the playoffs than Manning starting out his career throwing picks like they are going out of style.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that I am missing about Indy? OL wise they still look average at best. They brought in Frank Gore who I guess is an upgrade at RB but really by how much? WR wise I do like the signing of Andre Johnson but he is getting up in age as well and then they used a 1st round pick on a guy that most likely doesn't hardly see the field.

Defensively they just lost their best guy against the run in Arthur Jones for the season when they were already a terrible team against the run. Secondary wise they have Davis but not much else. So again I ask what do others see that I don't? I know Luck is this huge figure but so far in his career he has shown to be even more inept in the playoffs than Manning starting out his career throwing picks like they are going out of style.

They were good enough to get to the AFCCG last year and I feel like AJ and FG will make them a lot better. They don't rely on defense anyway so that side of the ball is less important. Throw in the fact that their weak ass division will almost walk them to a bye and I think they look pretty good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were good enough to get to the AFCCG last year and I feel like AJ and FG will make them a lot better. They don't rely on defense anyway so that side of the ball is less important. Throw in the fact that their weak ass division will almost walk them to a bye and I think they look pretty good.

Frank Gore is a new added piece but I would say they have had an AJ type guy at the WR position most years and still couldn't get it done in the playoffs. Last year they went against a very hobbled Broncos team with Manning thinking about retirement because of the injury he had. When they went against a very healthy very good Patriots team they got blown out in embarrassing form. I just don't see how adding AJ and adding Gore closes that gap. Throw in I do think they have actually gotten worse on defense this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore is a new added piece but I would say they have had an AJ type guy at the WR position most years and still couldn't get it done in the playoffs. Last year they went against a very hobbled Broncos team with Manning thinking about retirement because of the injury he had. When they went against a very healthy very good Patriots team they got blown out in embarrassing form. I just don't see how adding AJ and adding Gore closes that gap. Throw in I do think they have actually gotten worse on defense this year.

Gore is one of my alltime 49er favorites but he has alot of miles on him. I don't know what other RBs Indy has but at this point Gore is best served being used as part of committee approach. If they try and make him the primary ball carrier, he will wear down through the second half of the season.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought he said that too but that sentence is actually about Arizona. He says the Cardinals will sweep the 9ers. He just didn't use any commas :thumb:

Most teams haven't played game 1 yet, so it's all a crap shoot, but I don't see the Saints making the NFCC game at this point. And, while it's true Seattle hasn't beaten Indy recently, (your Superbowl teams,) we've played a grand total of 1 time in the era of the current teams. That game was in Indy and was very close. It swung both ways. It would be a fun game to watch I think, but I don't think using the idea that "Out of all the teams Seattle has played from the AFC that are considered elite, it has been this team they have not beaten" really carries much relevance with a sample size of 1 game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he said that too but that sentence is actually about Arizona. He says the Cardinals will sweep the 9ers. He just didn't use any commas :thumb:

Most teams haven't played game 1 yet, so it's all a crap shoot, but I don't see the Saints making the NFCC game at this point. And, while it's true Seattle hasn't beaten Indy recently, (your Superbowl teams,) we've played a grand total of 1 time in the era of the current teams. That game was in Indy and was very close. It swung both ways. It would be a fun game to watch I think, but I don't think using the idea that "Out of all the teams Seattle has played from the AFC that are considered elite, it has been this team they have not beaten" really carries much relevance with a sample size of 1 game.

Have to agree. Too small of a sample size and really it was a game of inches that could have easily swung in the favor of the Seahawks. I do think Andrew Luck is a QB that can give even the best defenses trouble because of his ability to extend plays with his feet. It is what has made Russell Wilson so deadly as well in they are the type that can take early pressure from the defense and next thing you know they emerge to launch it 40 yards down the field for a game changing play. I still am not a believer in Indy though as they are of all the contenders the least balanced team of any of them. They depend on Luck more than any other team depends on their QB in my opinion and that just won't work in the playoffs.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice breakdown, but New Orleans in the NFCCG reeks of homerism. I think 8-8 and no playoff birth is much more likely. Atlanta wins that division going away IMO and will be the sole representative of the NFC south in the playoffs.