• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MVP candidates

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so Cam is probably going to win the MVP this year. He definitely deserves it. But one could argue that Cousins should also be in consideration. If the true definition of most valuable player is the one who has been most critical to the success of his team, then KC has to be in the discussion. Now if it's just an award to the best player in the league, then there are many others that jump to the head of the line ahead of KC.

The reality is that we would not be where we are with colt or even rg3 behind center. We are here due to KCs growth and near perfect performance over the last 8 weeks. There are obviously others who were critical to the success (Reed, djax) but none so critical as KC.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see KC getting or deserving much league MVP consideration. Not enough consistency as it relates to the entire season. No wins against above .500 teams, didn't fare well in games with other MVP candidates.

Far as team MVP though - that's a wrap right there with it being a unanimous runaway.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is bigger homer for Cousins than me :pound:but Cam, Carson or Brady have to be the front runners. Brady did is winning with three WRs they picked up in the 7-11 parking lot.

Still wondering what happened to Aaron Rodgers. Before this season many considered him one of if not the best QB in the league and although they have suffered a lot of injuries he was supposedly the kind of QB that could lift you up anyhow. Still they are 10-5 so it isn't like they have sucked.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. So what is the criteria in you mind for MVP?

Not being 7th in passer rating, and that is ahead of the guy I feel is the MVP Cam Newton, on a 8-7 team would be where I would start. Don't get me wrong, Kirk has had a Hell of a second half and is the biggest reason for our success. But I just don't know how you can put him ahead of guys who have done it all year for better teams (players on top teams always get the edge) such as Brady, Cam, Palmer and maybe a few others.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being 7th in passer rating, and that is ahead of the guy I feel is the MVP Cam Newton, on a 8-7 team would be where I would start. Don't get me wrong, Kirk has had a Hell of a second half and is the biggest reason for our success. But I just don't know how you can put him ahead of guys who have done it all year for better teams (players on top teams always get the edge) such as Brady, Cam, Palmer and maybe a few others.
Well, if you read what I posted, you would see that I thought cam deserved it. All I was saying is that if mvp was actually the one player who was most critical to its team's success, then KC deserves mention. You still didn't answer what your criteria was for the award.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you read what I posted, you would see that I thought cam deserved it. All I was saying is that if mvp was actually the one player who was most critical to its team's success, then KC deserves mention. You still didn't answer what your criteria was for the award.

I saw what you wrote, the reason I mentioned Cam was Kirk is behind so many others in QB rating and that doesn't even include Cam . the list does however includes QBs I would put below Kirk in MVP. I thought that answered the question along with the point that other QBs ahead of him on my list include players on better teams, pointing out that MVPs tend to be from teams that won bigger than 8-7 unless the player had an off the chart year like AP a few years ago.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw what you wrote, the reason I mentioned Cam was Kirk is behind so many others in QB rating and that doesn't even include Cam . the list does however includes QBs I would put below Kirk in MVP. I thought that answered the question along with the point that other QBs ahead of him on my list include players on better teams, pointing out that MVPs tend to be from teams that won bigger than 8-7 unless the player had an off the chart year like AP a few years ago.
I guess you surprised me by stating that KC deserves no consideration. If you look at what he has done, with no running game and a poor defense, I find it rather remarkable. Do I think he deserves the MVP? No. But I suRe as heck thinks he should at least get a discussion. Cam has the benefit of both a very good running game (including himself) and a very good defense. same with Palmer.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just clear that others have had much better seasons when ours has had half a really good season. And as I said MVPs often come from top teams, they rarely take away points for that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC deserves the same considerations that guys like Brock Osweiler and AJ McCarron would get.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering what happened to Aaron Rodgers. Before this season many considered him one of if not the best QB in the league and although they have suffered a lot of injuries he was supposedly the kind of QB that could lift you up anyhow. Still they are 10-5 so it isn't like they have sucked.

Me to far as Rodgers. Far as the injuries go. I'm most curious about how much Nelson's injury has to do with Rodgers play.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC deserves the same considerations that guys like Brock Osweiler and AJ McCarron would get.

That just sounds mean and a little ridiculous. Aside from the fact that neither has played the whole year like KC. Both Denver and Cincy are more well rounded teams than the Skins. Both of them (Brock n AJ) could probably play just OK or maybe even poorly and their teams could still have a chance to win. If KC plays just OK the Skins are in a for sure knock down drag out like the Dallas game. If KC plays poorly though I think the Skins are done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is valuable to us but he is still pretty much an avg qb on the ascent

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just sounds mean and a little ridiculous. Aside from the fact that neither has played the whole year like KC. Both Denver and Cincy are more well rounded teams than the Skins. Both of them (Brock n AJ) could probably play just OK or maybe even poorly and their teams could still have a chance to win. If KC plays just OK the Skins are in a for sure knock down drag out like the Dallas game. If KC plays poorly though I think the Skins are done.

Would it sound better if I sang it with the theme from Rocky in the background? Fact is too many fans are blinded by their loyalty and simply cannot assess their own without bias. If you take every current QB that you deem as average and could transpose them unto this team the results would be exactly what we got this year if not better. Truthfully, to me he's (Kirk by his own admission) has had two games where he's been allowed to show something that sets him apart from the average. Remember that back shoulder fade to Garcon for a score against Buffalo? Well, as I evaluate them that was a professional pass that gave me reason to think, do it a couple more times and I'll believe. Well he tried it twice against Philly with different results. There are still passes that he either won't throw or is not allowed to throw for whatever reasons. Am I the only person who has concerns that our QB has never been noted as one who can make every throw?

Again I'll continue to say it until it sticks.......The difference between an NFL starter and a backup is consistency.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it sound better if I sang it with the theme from Rocky in the background? Fact is too many fans are blinded by their loyalty and simply cannot assess their own without bias. If you take every current QB that you deem as average and could transpose them unto this team the results would be exactly what we got this year if not better. Truthfully, to me he's (Kirk by his own admission) has had two games where he's been allowed to show something that sets him apart from the average. Remember that back shoulder fade to Garcon for a score against Buffalo? Well, as I evaluate them that was a professional pass that gave me reason to think, do it a couple more times and I'll believe. Well he tried it twice against Philly with different results. There are still passes that he either won't throw or is not allowed to throw for whatever reasons. Am I the only person who has concerns that our QB has never been noted as one who can make every throw?

Again I'll continue to say it until it sticks.......The difference between an NFL starter and a backup is consistency.

LOL what a shock.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL what a shock.

Even more shocking than foolish homerism......Not!!!! Thought you were a football guy who by your own position must know that each player is evaluated by not only what he does but also by what he cannot do.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing that you say above justifies comparing KC's league MVP value to Oswieller(sp) and McCarron's league MVP value. Which was what your original post was about.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing that you say above justifies comparing KC's league MVP value to Oswieller(sp) and McCarron's league MVP value. Which was what your original post was about.

Unless I totally missed it, the ONLY place that he has League MVP value is here. The comparision is....neither do they.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more shocking than foolish homerism......Not!!!! Thought you were a football guy who by your own position must know that each player is evaluated by not only what he does but also by what he cannot do.

I'll own it. I have been a Cousins homer. You win the Forrest Gump award "stupid is, as ...." You proclaimed him a loser and a career backup earlier in the year. He is the 7th rated QB in the league, using QB rating. It does seem you promoted him to average. I am sticking with what I said before game 1. Give the guy a chance. One season does not a successful QB career but he took a big step this year. Apparently most around the league feel the same way.

I was interested in another thread where you said he has not proved he can throw every pass in the NFL .... which ones didn't he throw? Behind his back and between his legs? :lol:

Clearly we don't see eye to eye on this subject. Home signing out Forrest. I do have a couple of years in football or maybe a quarter century. Clearly you have been mostly wrong so far but other than the couple of passes I just mentioned tell me what he can't do. Tell Trent Williams and the rest of his teammates too. Maybe you haven't been reading what they said.