• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Music City Bowl: Nebraska vs. Tennessee

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like a few posters here don't want to give Fyfe the credit he deserves so they placed me on ignore. Chicken shits.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the Zach Darlington assessment. Too bad he was thrown in with terrrible field position and terrible 4th down play.

The bright side

Caleb Lightbourne no longer has Read telling him to punt the ball really high. Caleb just punted.

Caleb Lightbourne had 7 punts for a 42.7 yard average. Pretty good.
I was rather impressed with the rookie. Hats off to him and here's to the future!

Anybody check that Stanford v North Carolina where the ref stripped the ball from NC in the redzone and stanford recovered the ball. Talk about the refs fucking with the game

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he can read what we are saying

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he can read what we are saying
No idea, i dont ignore via any mechanic of websites, i do so by use of self control/will power. Unless i am bored then i feed the troll to watch em dance

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strength and speed is a big issue with this team.

our DL needs work. they don't get off blocks quick enough and then can't finish plays on the QB. Dobbs escaped way too many times when people were there to make plays and just couldn't finish. At LB the angles were really bad, MRI, Banderas and Young. 2 of those 3 are gone, hopefully Young learns from it and comes back better next year. DBs, i just wish the coaches would stop playing soft coverage all the time. you can't even tell what they can and can't do. new CB coach, so hopefully something changes there.

offensively, our OL was getting smoked. Fyfe played the best he could and avoided a lot of sacks. DL and MR called a pretty crappy game imo. too many throws, not enough running. Ozigbo was getting 3-4 a pop on power run plays and then popped that big one for 42. should have been doing that earlier in the game. Newby was pretty ineffective and that's because it looked to me he kept trying to dance too much, he was getting the same 3-4 when he just ran straight ahead. WRs were good, Reilly had a great game. maybe even one that gets him drafted with a good showing at a combine? they need to stop the jet sweep though, or at least stop it with certain players, it seems like the other team is always all over it when it's DPE.

ST didn't look any worse without a dedicated coach. Heck Lightbourn kicked better than ever. DPE never really got a chance to return a punt but messed up on at least one that i remember where he could have saved us field position.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense needs a huge talent upgrade. Bigten ball starts up front gotta get a DL and lb that can attack and be versatile in the pass game. We need depth in both areas. Secondary is ok but because of scheme we get hurt.

Offense wise we need a real OL. No ol means qb rushing plays instead of getting time. Wr were fine but if the qb rb and ol are having issue doesn't matter if you have the best wr.

All these things can be fixed asap but they have to buy into bigten tough football no more pac12 big12 shit you need the big ol and dl. This staff is going to have to recruit like madman we need 4-5 stars 2-3stars is why we get expose vs better talent (along with coaching mistakes). We had 2 vchances to get 10 even 11 wins and really show the recruits were on the up and up....

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Defense needs a huge talent upgrade. Bigten ball starts up front gotta get a DL and lb that can attack and be versatile in the pass game. We need depth in both areas. Secondary is ok but because of scheme we get hurt.

Offense wise we need a real OL. No ol means qb rushing plays instead of getting time. Wr were fine but if the qb rb and ol are having issue doesn't matter if you have the best wr.

All these things can be fixed asap but they have to buy into bigten tough football no more pac12 big12 shit you need the big ol and dl. This staff is going to have to recruit like madman we need 4-5 stars 2-3stars is why we get expose vs better talent (along with coaching mistakes). We had 2 vchances to get 10 even 11 wins and really show the recruits were on the up and up....

Our offensive line isn't as bad as some people believe. Lowly Missouri ran for 420yds against Tenny, but we ran for only 61! That's atrocious! Unless some changes are made such as getting Cavanaugh some help or acquire an offensive line coach that has a clue, and dumping Banker, I'm going to predict 5 or 6 losses each of next two seasons, and maybe even a hallmark of Riley's, a losing season in 2017 or 2018.

Overall, there's not much optimism that Riley will bring us to the next level. It's too bad that we were unfortunate to have had a dickless AD who refused to go after a top notch head coach. I remember after Mad Dog Bo purposely lost to Iowa in 2013 to show his hatred for the Nebraska fans, I would have fired that piece of shit, and opened up the checkbook for Chris Peterson who has won big everywhere he's been.

Last edited:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line isn't as bad as some people believe. Lowly Missouri ran for 420yds against Tenny, but we ran for only 61! That's atrocious! Unless some changes are made such as getting Cavanaugh some help or acquire an offensive line coach that has a clue, and dumping Banker, I'm going to predict 5 or 6 losses each of next two seasons, and maybe even a hallmark of Riley's, a losing season in 2017 or 2018.

Overall, there's not much optimism that Riley will bring us to the next level. It's too bad that we were unfortunate to have had a dickless AD who refused to go after a top notch head coach. I remember after Mad Dog Bo purposely lost to Iowa in 2013 to show his hatred for the Nebraska fans, I would have fired that piece of shit, and opened up the checkbook for Chris Peterson who has won big everywhere he's been.
Michigan went out and got a Michigan man to be their head coach - a great hire. Eichorst doesn't have a clue what Nebraska football is all about that is why we got Riley. I know there wasn't another Pac 12 school that would have hired MR with his OSU record and yet there we are stuck with this guy until Bo is paid off. I hope the players are taught how to lift for power and speed this off season.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny. Haha damn near spilled my beer at granite city

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan went out and got a Michigan man to be their head coach - a great hire. Eichorst doesn't have a clue what Nebraska football is all about that is why we got Riley. I know there wasn't another Pac 12 school that would have hired MR with his OSU record and yet there we are stuck with this guy until Bo is paid off. I hope the players are taught how to lift for power and speed this off season.
I could of swore USC was PAC12 when they wanted to replace Pete Carroll with him. Wait you're right they were PAC10 then.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Tomhusker I know Yer inta hunting and fishing and whatnot. But you ever check Yer beard for any birds? You could have a family of quail living in that thing and you wouldn't even know it haha

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Tomhusker I know Yer inta hunting and fishing and whatnot. But you ever check Yer beard for any birds? You could have a family of quail living in that thing and you wouldn't even know it haha
I have A MAGESTIC BEARD, my good man. It is much too grand for the common quail bird, of which you speak. My glorious imperial is home to a thriving community of regal peacock.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they call them a school.

a063-05.jpg

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Can you believe Alabama was interested in Riley? What were they thinking? If Riley was there the last few years, they wouldn't have won even one national title, and maybe not even one SEC title either. I'm not even sure Riley is a lateral hire to Bo.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have A MAGESTIC BEARD, my good man. It is much too grand for the common quail bird, of which you speak. My glorious imperial is home to a thriving community of regal peacock.
I shaved mine off after I had trouble getting the puke chunks out last week - #flubarfcatcher

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think he can see what yer saying with his blind fold and ball gag on. Haven't read a peep outta him since.

You're full of shit as usual, and I see you're a fan of bondage. Classy.