• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Angels 4/7-4/9

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude fuck this team.

That is all.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel better now

i do apologize for the off-color remark about zunino

i was really going for humor more than anything, but it probably wasn't the right time

hard to keep the inner troll at bay sometimes. i can admit it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for people on here have been fans for 20+ years (and some of us really old fuckers who've been fans for 30+), it just gets really old.

i saw my dad go through an entire lifetime of seattle sports fandom without ever getting to see a world title from the teams he loved. i got to see the seahawks win one, but i'm a much bigger baseball fan, just like he was.

i have no choice but to be as optimistic as possible. it's not like i'm going to suddenly become a fan of another team. if i ever become that jaded, i don't think i'll be talking about it on a message board.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no choice but to be as optimistic as possible. it's not like i'm going to suddenly become a fan of another team. if i ever become that jaded, i don't think i'll be talking about it on a message board.

I hear that. As bad as a week as this has been, it doesn't mean this is a bad team. Mariner fans, including myself, have a hard separating the current season from the 40 year history. It's understandable but at the same time I like baseball to much to give up on the season one week in or even a month in. At the same time the hole can't get much bigger. Go Ms

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel better now

i do apologize for the off-color remark about zunino

i was really going for humor more than anything, but it probably wasn't the right time

hard to keep the inner troll at bay sometimes. i can admit it.

In that case I'm sorry for what i called you heh. I take it back if that means anything. I got caught up in the moment too.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners baseball should be a legal defense for any crime committed during or after games. :nod:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Mariners...

ONLY THE GODDAMN MARINERS...only these guys can end their season after only ONE LOUSY WEEK!

I hope no one shows up for their home opener. Serves 'em right for being the quitters they are!

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for people on here have been fans for 20+ years (and some of us really old fuckers who've been fans for 30+), it just gets really old.

i saw my dad go through an entire lifetime of seattle sports fandom without ever getting to see a world title from the teams he loved. i got to see the seahawks win one, but i'm a much bigger baseball fan, just like he was.

That's what makes it so hard as a lifelong M's fan, we know thats not option. This is our team, dammit that sucks sometimes!!!!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fucking cursed

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has to be rock bottom, right?

jRezFyZ.jpg

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My dad started taking me to games in the late 70s. The ol' Kingdome days when 9,000 were in the Dome on a Saturday, and they were there to see the Yankees come to town.

I won't ever be able to switch allegiance.

As for the implosion against the Angels it was in the 8th, and I had to leave the house. I made an assumption.

When I checked the standing later I had to do a double-take.

Yes, they blew it.

JHC.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was tough to watch. Hopefully the players find a way to put it behind them and move on to the next one. Coming back home should help for that.

Took the day off so I could go to opening day. Rolling into it on a pretty sour note after that collapse, but I'm still looking forward to it. Paxton should step up.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had to be the worst regular season loss in team history. Sure, the loss to the Indians was a worst collapse, but it meant nothing for that season and had zero impact.

This one was a historic choke job and was on the eve of the home opener and capped off one of the most frustrating road trips to open a season in franchise history.

M's have been my team since they came into the league, but it's feeling more and more like another long frustrating summer waiting on football season to finally reach us while we follow yet another seemingly unwatchable Mariners team find new and creative ways of tormenting us.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously hope in walked into the clubhouse after that and started throwing chairs at them and question them if they really want their paychecks!
Yeah! Go Hal McRae on these guys, ffs!