• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Red Sox: June 22nd - 24th

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The implosion has officially begun .... Yes, the Yanks and Sox are 2 top teams, but regardless, we can’t hold leads, pen looks like shit... season isn’t over, but this team is not playoff worthy right now, not even close ...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what kind of shit spin Servais will put on this game post interview.:bullshit::L

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son (17) was welcomed to the family last series. His first bet on the M's with a friend. I gave him a hug and then told him " What the hell were you thinking"

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still outside of Nicassio they have a very good bullpen. Sure Vincent blew but he still has been statistically one of the best bullpen arms the past two years. Scott's problem has been his matching up and his pulling guys too early or pulling them too late.
This is precisely the problem with Servais. There is absolutely no reason why he should continue to use Nicasio knowing this guy truly sucks and I’m at a loss why Servais continue to use him.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still outside of Nicassio they have a very good bullpen. Sure Vincent blew but he still has been statistically one of the best bullpen arms the past two years. Scott's problem has been his matching up and his pulling guys too early or pulling them too late.

Agree!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what kind of shit spin Servais will put on this game post interview.:bullshit::L
Perhaps something along the line of.

“Disappointing loss but proud of our guys tonight.. they fought hard after giving the up the 4-0 lead. But we didnt give up And regain a 10-5 but give the Red Sox a lot of credit for fighting. You have to feel for Nick and Juan because they are great guys”

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-10 against the Stros, Yankees and Red Sox. The M's may be the best of the rest, but those 3 teams are still on another level compared to the M's. If the Mariners make the wild card game they might be able to luck out in a single game and make it to the divisional series, but I can't see them beating any of those teams in a series. The M's have too many holes. The offense is hot and cold, the rotation is decent but not great with no real aces (Paxton did not pitch like an ace against either the Red Sox or Yankees when it was really needed) and the bullpen blows. None of those are immediately fixable. Yeah Cano will be back late in the season, and that might provide a nice boost, but then he'll be gone again when the M's really need him in the playoffs. And that's assuming they make it. I wanted to be hopeful, but this road trip has been depressing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Angels overtake the M's once they start getting their guys back off the DL. We'll see I guess. The M's should be 2-2 on this road trip and we'd all still be super excited. Instead they've blown two five run leads in three games and there's not much reason for optimism. Sucks being an M's fan. :pout:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blown is not okay outside of Diaz. Vincent has been shaky all year. Nicasio throws straight and gets hit hard. Colome hasn't pitched a clean inning since his first game. Everybody else who was crap is gone somewhere. Pazos is the closest thing to steady and even he has slowed down a bit (meaning not untouchable as he first was).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they put Nicasio on the 60 day DL or 120 day DL or 200 day DL or just cut the fucker.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps something along the line of.

“Disappointing loss but proud of our guys tonight.. they fought hard after giving the up the 4-0 lead. But we didnt give up And regain a 10-5 but give the Red Sox a lot of credit for fighting. You have to feel for Nick and Juan because they are great guys”
I haven't watched it yet- recorded it but will watch after we finish the pizza we ordered. You pegged him pretty good and it sounds about right, but he'll probably also add: "Boston is a great team and their pitchers kept our guys off balance and we just couldn't put enough hits together to get back on top of it. It's baseball and you've got to turn the page and put it behind you and look to tomorrow" or some such bullshit like that.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-10 against the Stros, Yankees and Red Sox. The M's may be the best of the rest, but those 3 teams are still on another level compared to the M's. If the Mariners make the wild card game they might be able to luck out in a single game and make it to the divisional series, but I can't see them beating any of those teams in a series. The M's have too many holes. The offense is hot and cold, the rotation is decent but not great with no real aces (Paxton did not pitch like an ace against either the Red Sox or Yankees when it was really needed) and the bullpen blows. None of those are immediately fixable. Yeah Cano will be back late in the season, and that might provide a nice boost, but then he'll be gone again when the M's really need him in the playoffs. And that's assuming they make it. I wanted to be hopeful, but this road trip has been depressing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Angels overtake the M's once they start getting their guys back off the DL. We'll see I guess. The M's should be 2-2 on this road trip and we'd all still be super excited. Instead they've blown two five run leads in three games and there's not much reason for optimism. Sucks being an M's fan. :pout:
I think another factor you did not mention which I think is a huge factor is this team is being led by Scott Servais who has made decisions which helped the team fail to beat these tough teams. He just lacks the experience to manage, particularly the pitching staff. Nice guy but just inexperienced.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be a bit contrarian here. I said going into this stretch I expected 3-7 or 4-6 at the best. They just aren't up to the level of the top 3.

However, they are also going to be leaving those 3 behind for a while after this weekend.

Also, they really did miss Segura yesterday and who knows about today. Sure, Romine had a decent day at the plate, but we don't know what other difference Segura would have made, we just know you need him in these types of games. You need ALL of your top players particularly after Cano shit all over us with his selfish drug use.

The contrary part is those that are saying the wheels are coming off etc. No, they are not. This is still the exact same team as it was two weeks ago. And there's no reason to believe they won't be right back there starting with Baltimore next week.

This was pretty much what I expected and was the exact reason I wasn't 'jumping on the bandwagon' as some were bashing us over. This team is much improved over last season and is going in the right direction, but they are still quite a way from being that dangerous post season team we have dreamed about for 41 years. It's just reality.

They are letting the angels creep back up on them. Who knows, they might only have a 2.5-3 game lead here shortly. Get out of Boston and climb back up on the horse and get back to work.

This really is nothing more than proof they aren't ready to be up on the porch with the big dogs. Thank god we won't be seeing big dogs again for a while.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the Wiz, it is no time to panic. Anyone who thought this team is anything but a punchers chance from a WS contender was kidding themselves. But the reason we got the lead from the Astros was because they played this stretch while the M's played the turds. Unless a collapse happens of epic proportions the M's will be in the WC game. After this the series really is gravy except one series with the Yankoffs and a couple of series against the Astros and injury plagued artist formally known as California and Anaheim Angels.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think about this for a second.........19 mil to a guy batting .220 in the 5 hole.... Nicasio with a 6.50 ERA (7.5 mil this year and 9.2 mil next year)...Felix at 27 mil...and Paying Cano 6 mil to sit after screwing us. Can go on but damn 60 million.

Last edited:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sky hit the ground with a giant thud that shook the nearby islands...

I hope the pitchers got chewed up one side and down the other, and don't think those are the only heads I believe should roll after that one!

Fucking inexcusable. They bat their guts out, and nothing to show for it?

Thanks for quitting, pitching staff.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching staff quitting?? But some on here say we have a "very good" bullpen. I don't think so. Our pen is "average-decent" but it's the Manager and the way he screws with the pen that make it absolutely suck sometimes. The Manager takes an average bullpen and turns it into a disgraceful sucky bullpen.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a credit to the sox they made a nice comeback...lets hope the mariners get back on track after L-5....

down on the street ...and beggin for a win..for a dollar ill tell you not to sin..a smoke a joke
float away....float away........mariners float awaaaay

Last edited: