• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Home Stand: 4/12 - 4/17

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say "balk," but I'm never sure when they consider calling it that.
Ya I am clueless on the balk call these days as well. This I have never seen before. Only in MLB.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Kramer

@DKramer_
·
1h

Scott Servais on today's final out:"Julio is our fastest runner, we're certainly going to put him in the game. The guy made a good move and and obviously picked him off. It happens. But for me, that's not the not the play the cost us the game."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Kramer

@DKramer_
·
2h
Dominic Canzone is going to be “out for a little while,” Scott Servais just said. An IL stint and roster move is expected tomorrow.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookout Landing

@LookoutLanding
·
4m

It looks like the Mariners will indeed call up Jonatan Clase to take Dominic Canzone’s place on the roster. Lots of speed coming to Seattle.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only this organization is capable of doing this. Julio now thinking about that contract he signed.
smart move on his part...

smarter than that so-called steal attempt, anyway.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed, maybe, but does he swing at everything he sees?
He has like two weeks at AAA. Gutsy move that can either spark the team or turn the kid into the next failure because he was overwhelmed. A lot of media types are questioning the move. But if Dipoto thinks he is read, who are we to question it??? :(

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it the third attempt? Honestly don't know even though I was watching it.

My question regarding the rule would be does the third attempt mean just pickoff or does a rundown still count as the pickoff? I would assume the rundown counts because otherwise you would never throw over the third time because the runner would just take off.

Yes, it was absolutely the third pick off attempt of the sequence meaning the runner is automatically awarded second base with the one exception of the third pickoff attempt actually gets him at first base

If the picture even disengages the rubber by stepping back in an attempt to lure him to make a break for second, he’s automatically awarded second base. It Hass to be a legitimate pickoff move on the third attempt, and the third attempt Hass to be successful at getting him out at first base if that does not occur the runner is instantly awarded free second base.

I can’t pull up the gametime app now that the game is over to take a screenshot of the previous two attempts at first base on that batter sequence

I’ve seen it already happened a couple times where the picture makes two attempts does not get the runner and then once the picture becomes set on the following pitch the runner knows that he’s got a free shot at just bolting towards second base simply because the picture is not allowed to turn and throw the ball to the first baseman as soon as he does that The runner already run into second he’s instantly free to go because the attempt at first was a failed attempt and if the steps back off the rubber with his back instantly also awards the base Runner a free second base that’s why it’s completely stupid for the base runner to attempt to die back to first base. All you do is as soon as the picture comes set in his delivery , you just start running the second base. There’s absolutely no way on the planet to get you out.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but had to check in after this horrible start.

What the hell is going on with this team, that Cubs series was atrocious!!

I can’t continue watching without coming on here as my form of therapy cause this team is maddening!!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but had to check in after this horrible start.

I can’t continue watching without coming on here as my form of therapy cause this team is maddening!!
We've had slow starts before, yeah, but this looks like one we might not be able to get out of, not with how we did in off-season acquisitions.

If I were a member of the press at one of those post-game conferences, I'd forgo the usual questions regarding player performance and just cut right to the chase regarding the future of those running the show. Servais' future, Dipoto's motives, any word about someone looking to buy the team and hopefully steer them in the right direction (because current ownership certainly won't)...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome back first of all. Second, Why come back??? You were free! Free I tell you. LOL! There is always an open seat at M's therapy.

ms deps.jpeg

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to be off topic, but any military vets in here you can get a big discount on mlb.tv using a verification site called govx. you have to sign up with govx which is free, and then you just log into mlb.tv through the govx site and click a button for the instant discount.

total was $100 with tax, while the regular price is $160 with tax for a full season or $30/month. thank goodness mlb.tv let me cancel the 1-month subscription i purchased yesterday, and then i did this for the full season.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, love how the head nodders from early on with this site's inception are finally starting to see what this org actually is.

Took 15 year of vapid fandom on my part to finally wake up. Always just a matter of time.