• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving on...@ Pitt

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conjecture is that not only will we lose, but there is potential to lose big and possibly shut out with the way our anemic offense has been going. I am not sure what it is going to take but...we always have a shot, any given Saturday and all that. In truth, that is true, often forgetting these are 18-22 year old kids, we are not ever sure which version of them we will get each week. However, if precedent is any case, the offense will not be good, the d line will get worn out and Pitt will have a field day through the air while we will be decently stout on their rushing game.

Here are my thoughts:

Special teams kicking - sweet to see a kicker get the ball through the end zone on kickoffs. Meyer barely ever did that. No fake punts yet this year gives them a passing grade as well. Confused as all get out why Powell is not returning kicks and punts...guy is a speedster, why not? Vandeberg seems to be a slow white guy, he is NOT Tim Dwight. The Bears didn't say no to Devin Hester, why would we do that to our speedster? Overall grade for ST I have is a B- so far this year.

Special teams punting - sucky so far, D grade, I do not see that Kidd is better than Kornbrath so far, what are we averaging, 38 yards or so a punt and how many downed inside the 10? Hmm...

Offense and Defense - enough has been said

Coaching - also enough said, definitely NOT a passing grade so far, what should have been 3 blowouts looks like bad coaching

Come on Hawkeyes, show us that our loyalty is worth it, win this game and get back to Hawkeye football!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to ponder as Saturday looms:

Pitt is averaging 44.67 pts per game and giving up 15
Iowa is averaging 21.67 pts per game and giving up 18.67

Put those two together and it doesn't look good for Iowa.

James Connor might be the best RB we've faced in terms of running the ball. Hopefully, Iowa can stop their running game and force Pitt to pass. Pitt doesn't seem like they have a strong passing attack. Pitt has a pretty good WR in Tyler Boyd.

Iowa has their work cut out for them Saturday.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not over the first 3 games yet and certainly not over the ISU debacle.

Pitt 48
Iowa 3

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced anything changes on offense for Iowa Saturday. But I think Pitt pulls away in the 2nd half Saturday. For some reason, I feel like Pitt is going to dominate the time of possession game and that is what will wear Iowa's defense down.

Paul Chryst should still be aware of what KF does as coach of Iowa. So...that has to be worth 6 points right off the bat.

Pitt 42
Iowa 17

IF Chryst puts up 50+ against Iowa.....look out.....the natives are going to get highly agitated.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll probably win by some fucking miracle and the players will carry Captain Kirk off the field. Then on Sunday Barta will extend his contract until eternity

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Hawkeyes, hope you kick Pitt's ass tomorrow.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to ponder as Saturday looms:

Pitt is averaging 44.67 pts per game and giving up 15
Iowa is averaging 21.67 pts per game and giving up 18.67

Put those two together and it doesn't look good for Iowa.

James Connor might be the best RB we've faced in terms of running the ball. Hopefully, Iowa can stop their running game and force Pitt to pass. Pitt doesn't seem like they have a strong passing attack. Pitt has a pretty good WR in Tyler Boyd.

Iowa has their work cut out for them Saturday.

It's interesting you post those stats. I am not actually aiming this at you because nothing you said argues what I said. Pretty much, anything else said in this thread so far has.

PITTSBURG

62-0 over Delaware: Here's their FCS team. Delaware is 2-1 vs Delaware State (who?) and a close game vs Colgate (Iowa beat a team that beat them).

30-20 over Boston College: I'll admit, that is a great win, considering Boston College beat USC. As mentioned in my predictions thread last week. I don't see Conner rushing over 200 yards against Iowa's defense.

42-25 over Florida International: FIU beat Wagner. They lost to Bethune-Cookman in a close game.

So, their PPG and allowed PPG is heavily influenced by their win vs Delaware.

IOWA

31-23 over UNI: UNI went to Hawaii and played a game that started 11 pm CST. Hawaii played Washington in a good game as well. They are looking to be strong in FCS.

17-13 over Ball State: Okay, this was not a good game at all for Iowa. Iowa needed a late 4th quarter rally to win. But Iowa also missed 3 chip-shot field goals and had a TD overturned. It would not have been so close if those mishaps didn't happen.

Lost 20-17 to Iowa State: ISU has the toughest schedule so far among the 8 teams mentioned. They lost to NDSU (#1 FCS team) and dominated Kansas State for 3 quarters (who almost beat #5 Auburn).

I don't see this being a blowout. I don't see this that high scoring either. Iowa's rushing defense is strong. I think Iowa will win a close one but wouldn't be surprised if Pitt wins it close.

Last edited by a moderator:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting you post those stats. I am not actually aiming this at you because nothing you said argues what I said. Pretty much, anything else said in this thread so far has.

PITTSBURG

62-0 over Delaware: Here's their FCS team. Delaware is 2-1 vs Delaware State (who?) and a close game vs Colgate (Iowa beat a team that beat them).

30-20 over Boston College: I'll admit, that is a great win, considering Boston College beat USC. As mentioned in my predictions thread last week. I don't see Conner rushing over 200 yards against Iowa's defense.

42-25 over Florida International: FIU beat Wagner. They lost to Bethune-Cookman in a close game.

So, their PPG and allowed PPG is heavily influenced by their win vs Delaware.

IOWA

31-23 over UNI: UNI went to Hawaii and played a game that started 11 pm CST. Hawaii played Washington in a good game as well. They are looking to be strong in FCS.

17-13 over Ball State: Okay, this was not a good game at all for Iowa. Iowa needed a late 4th quarter rally to win. But Iowa also missed 3 chip-shot field goals and had a TD overturned. It would not have been so close if those mishaps didn't happen.

Lost 20-17 to Iowa State: ISU has the toughest schedule so far among the 8 teams mentioned. They lost to NDSU (#1 FCS team) and dominated Kansas State for 3 quarters (who almost beat #5 Auburn).

I don't see this being a blowout. I don't see this that high scoring either. Iowa's rushing defense is strong. I think Iowa will win a close one but wouldn't be surprised if Pitt wins it close.

Yeah, you're right. I'll change my prediction to 45-13 Pitt.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this game is interesting to me because Pitt cant pass for shit. They run the ball exceptionally well but the one and only thing Iowa has done well this year is stop the run. Im not sure what is going on with our offense so I think the game will be low scoring and pretty close. If I have learned anything over the Ferentz era at Iowa its that whenever anyone thinks we have no shot we usually win or make it super close. Ill say Iowa 20 Pitt 17.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Conner: 188 rush ypg and 8 rushing TDs
Iowa's rush defense: allowed 66 rushing ypg and 0 rushing TDs

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IJ,

Those are great data points. Granted Delaware, BC, and FIU are the teams that those numbers for Conner are. Paul Chryst...the 'Wisconsin Style' says it all. I'm worried about play action when Pitt is on offense.

Iowa can't run the ball either.

I sure hope Iowa gets the win today!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Oh....Pitt is running the ball very effectively

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe it...4th down call for 6...and a 7th point....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt has statistically dominated Iowa in the first half. I'm seeing a tired defense in the 2nd half for Iowa and this game might get ugly.

Pit sure is running the ball pretty easily. And when they pass, Iowa's defense is leaving WRs wide open.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing turn around in the 2nd half for Iowa. I never would have guessed that was possible.

Someone got their "backside" handed to them at half time.

First game of the season that it truly looked like KF was coaching to win.

Iowa's now in possession of a QB controversy heading into conference play.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically, a very weird game. Its not often a team wins a game after being statistically dominated.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what it is going to take but...we always have a shot, any given Saturday and all that. In truth, that is true, often forgetting these are 18-22 year old kids, we are not ever sure which version of them we will get each week.

Come on Hawkeyes, show us that our loyalty is worth it, win this game and get back to Hawkeye football!

Thank you team, I knew you had it in you to win this week, just wasn't sure if you knew it. This is why I am forever loyal even though you give me such great stress.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not over the first 3 games yet and certainly not over the ISU debacle.

Pitt 48
Iowa 3

I'm not convinced anything changes on offense for Iowa Saturday. But I think Pitt pulls away in the 2nd half Saturday. For some reason, I feel like Pitt is going to dominate the time of possession game and that is what will wear Iowa's defense down.

Paul Chryst should still be aware of what KF does as coach of Iowa. So...that has to be worth 6 points right off the bat.

Pitt 42
Iowa 17

IF Chryst puts up 50+ against Iowa.....look out.....the natives are going to get highly agitated.

Yeah, you're right. I'll change my prediction to 45-13 Pitt.

Let me guess, you guys saw Iowa winning all along?

Amazing turn around in the 2nd half for Iowa. I never would have guessed that was possible.

Someone got their "backside" handed to them at half time.

First game of the season that it truly looked like KF was coaching to win.

Iowa's now in possession of a QB controversy heading into conference play.

I thought that DL was not doing terrible even at halftime. I think I men too in the game thread that Conner was taking a beating around halftime.