• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Movies Everyone Hates That You Love / Movies You Hate That Everyone Loves

Montecristo Jones

Metrosexual fascist sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, Inglorious Basterds tops the list. A few others are Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, 28 Days Later and The Royal Tannenbaums to round out a top 5 list at the moment.
Tried to watch Bastards but didn't manage to finish it, I think I was just in an ADHD mood and the dialogue was too heavy for me to sit through, but I'd love to give it another watch.

Definitely have Bull and Taxi Driver on my "to watch list", thanks for reminding me.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate- any Elvis movie
Love-Warriors(yes,a lot of people told me it was shitty,and Reservoir Dogs(can't believe this one either

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I just watched part of Inglorious Basterds again on that there TV and thought of it for the perfect 10 movies list. That's one of the few I can watch any time. Pretty much flawless IMO.

Tarantino's stuff is generally "hate it" or "love it" for me though so I guess it just hits the "hate it" list for a few.

I got one. Mad Max: Fury Road. Saw it theaters and thought it was underwhelming. Saw it again and couldn't even finish it. I don't get what makes it any better than Transformers 4, Fast and Furious 18, or Terminator: Genisys.

"The effects are real and there was very little CGI!"

Great. It's still just a generic action flick. I didn't hate it perse, I even thought it was decent at first. But after a second viewing it's just.....meh. Don't really need to ever see it again.

Montecristo Jones

Metrosexual fascist sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I just watched part of Inglorious Basterds again on that there TV and thought of it for the perfect 10 movies list. That's one of the few I can watch any time. Pretty much flawless IMO.

Tarantino's stuff is generally "hate it" or "love it" for me though so I guess it just hits the "hate it" list for a few.

I got one. Mad Max: Fury Road. Saw it theaters and thought it was underwhelming. Saw it again and couldn't even finish it. I don't get what makes it any better than Transformers 4, Fast and Furious 18, or Terminator: Genisys.

"The effects are real and there was very little CGI!"

Great. It's still just a generic action flick. I didn't hate it perse, I even thought it was decent at first. But after a second viewing it's just.....meh. Don't really need to ever see it again.
Yeah, I watched about half of it but wasn't interested enough to finish it - too much action, not enough story.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated No Country For Old Men... and pretty much every other piece of garbage that those brothers make.

Big Lebowski and O Brother are about the only exceptions.

NCFOM was not that bad, but the ending sucked. Miller Crossing and Fargo were really good. I do get your point, they have made some shit....