• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Movember

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of discipline and penalty kill are things that can and will be fixed. The main concerns with this team were the even strength play and power play and those have been rectified.

Like I said, with the way Mason (and Emery as of late) is playing combined with our current rate of even strength and power play production, we're going to win a lot of games by multiple goals. We've given up fewer goals than everyone in our division minus Pitt and NJ and we're closing in on both of them defensively in a hurry.

We're seeing the offense come to life, which I think was inevitable with all of this talent and experience. I can confidently say now that we have seven forwards who can routinely score goals and that's not even including any goals we can get from the defense or defensive-minded players like the first three we got from Timonen, Couturier and Hall last night.

We're still at the bottom of the league in goals scored, but we're going to be climbing that list all season long. It's going to lead to a lot of wins. So, with all due respect, I think we've turned the corner here in the last half a dozen games.

I'd like to have heard Julie make a prediction of the Flyers being in a playoff position by the end of November when they began the month 3-8 following a loss to Anaheim. It's going to happen though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're firmly in 5th place just two back of NYR with a game in hand and one back of NJ who are currently playing. We will still have a game in hand on everyone else in the division and will be no worse than three points out of a playoff spot at the end of this night, with a possibility for just two.

Even the wild card is now within reach at four points back with a game in hand on Montreal.

Right on pace. :whistle:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love our winning streak and i know we won last night but we need to play better than we did. we only had about 10 minutes of dominance last night and against the Sabres it should be up around 25 to 30 minutes. I guess if we win when we dont play that well i'll take it everytime.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love our winning streak and i know we won last night but we need to play better than we did. we only had about 10 minutes of dominance last night and against the Sabres it should be up around 25 to 30 minutes. I guess if we win when we dont play that well i'll take it everytime.

To be fair, it was basically one of those trap games where you figure they'll play down to the level of competition and they did for awhile, but they also turned it on enough to put them away late in the game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as we stand right now, I think we're a better team than all but maybe 3-4 others in the entire conference with huge potential to definitely jump up there at some point and contend for the top seed in our division.

Unfortunately the Rags and Devils were able to squeak out wins last night, so that playoff spot we're in hot pursuit of isn't going to be handed to us. At least we're finally ahead of half a dozen teams in the conference, especially when you factor in games played.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree the first period was awful and the first few minutes of the 2nd were as well but we took over and got the win, which is the most important thing - I would like for them to completely take it to the bad teams like that but oh well a win is a win - the most important thing is getting better each game

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, bad or ugly as long as they win, with that shitty start its about time the bounces, deflections, and luck is going thier way. Just win baby!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've still morphed from a team that had one line that could score to a team that has three lines that can score, which is what we figured to have all along. Combine that with the power play, even strength play and goaltending and the potential is there for this team to be not just good, but great.

Yes, we're beating up on average to below average teams right now, but we did beat division leading Pittsburgh and a NJ team that holds the third playoff spot. Besides, you can only beat the team you're scheduled to play on that particular night. It will be interesting to see how we fare against some tougher teams in December, but I like our chances to stay competitive.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I stated that the goal was to get 21-22 out of a possible 30 points for the month of November. We're going to come up 1-3 points shy of that, but still may reach 20 and be sitting in a playoff spot by the end of the day if everything goes our way. Regardless, other than the rocky start to the month and the regulation loss to Florida, it went very well and as expected.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the first period was awful and the first few minutes of the 2nd were as well but we took over and got the win, which is the most important thing - I would like for them to completely take it to the bad teams like that but oh well a win is a win - the most important thing is getting better each game

:agree::agree::agree:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so I stated that the goal was to get 21-22 out of a possible 30 points for the month of November. We're going to come up 1-3 points shy of that, but still may reach 20 and be sitting in a playoff spot by the end of the day if everything goes our way. Regardless, other than the rocky start to the month and the regulation loss to Florida, it went very well and as expected.

Dam Panther game screwed this plan up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam Panther game screwed this plan up.

It's true. Tim Thomas just owns us for whatever reason, even while on a bad team. The record for the month ends at 9-4-2 with 20 of a possible 30 points taken. I think we should've done slightly better, but I also feel we'd be tied for that playoff spot right now if only we'd played as many games. The only edge the Rags have maintained on us is two points with that extra game played and the ROW tiebreaker. Toronto is sinking fast, which is opening up that second wild card spot as well.