• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

-> Moved Andre Iguodala

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you folks are ridiculous.

Dre wasn't going to come here and put up 25/10/6/3/2 every night.

He's hustle, defense, and basketball I.Q doesn't show up in boxscores.

However

• He is an above average passer, 2nd in dimes behind Steph on the team
  • He is a top 10 finisher in the open court
  • He is a probably a top 10 defender and guards players 1-4
  • He plays defense without fouling

Do folks realize he's the #4 if not #5 option on most plays? When you have Steph/Klay/D.Lee/ and eventually HB on the court, there's no need for AI to be the focal point. Its hard to be a slasher when your teammate takes 3 steps across halfcourt and chucks up a shot.

Is AI a great outside shooter? (33% 3pt last year) Hell No. Does AI provide the leadership vacated by Jack/Landry? ABSOLUTELY

Its one thing for Coach or another "average player" to tell Klay/HB/Green/Steph how to prepare and execute in games, but when an freaking Olympian speaks you know he commands the respect.

Stop and smell the roses, and as Jeff Kent would say "Enjoy the game"

WORD

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you folks are ridiculous.

Dre wasn't going to come here and put up 25/10/6/3/2 every night.

He's hustle, defense, and basketball I.Q doesn't show up in boxscores.

However

• He is an above average passer, 2nd in dimes behind Steph on the team
  • He is a top 10 finisher in the open court
  • He is a probably a top 10 defender and guards players 1-4
  • He plays defense without fouling

Do folks realize he's the #4 if not #5 option on most plays? When you have Steph/Klay/D.Lee/ and eventually HB on the court, there's no need for AI to be the focal point. Its hard to be a slasher when your teammate takes 3 steps across halfcourt and chucks up a shot.

Is AI a great outside shooter? (33% 3pt last year) Hell No. Does AI provide the leadership vacated by Jack/Landry? ABSOLUTELY

Its one thing for Coach or another "average player" to tell Klay/HB/Green/Steph how to prepare and execute in games, but when an freaking Olympian speaks you know he commands the respect.

Stop and smell the roses, and as Jeff Kent would say "Enjoy the game"

WORD

Then he gets paid too much.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Toby is talking about, but I think Iggy has done an excellent job so far. His scoring will come in time, but his floor vision, passing, defense and ball handling have been awesome.
He changes the whole dynamic of this team and is the biggest reason this team will be on another level this year.
The Dubs haven't missed Jack at all and Iggy is why.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Toby is talking about, but I think Iggy has done an excellent job so far. His scoring will come in time, but his floor vision, passing, defense and ball handling have been awesome.
He changes the whole dynamic of this team and is the biggest reason this team will be on another level this year.
The Dubs haven't missed Jack at all and Iggy is why.

I hope you are right but I see just another guy on the downhill side of his career. More a "piece of the puzzle" guy than a go to guy in my opinion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right but I see just another guy on the downhill side of his career. More a "piece of the puzzle" guy than a go to guy in my opinion.

He's not a 'go to' guy nor does he need to be. He's exactly what the team needed. It's a team sport, you don't want 5 Steph Currys or 5 David Lees.

Again, you demonstrate your weak grasp of basketball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a 'go to' guy nor does he need to be. He's exactly what the team needed. It's a team sport, you don't want 5 Steph Currys or 5 David Lees.

Again, you demonstrate your weak grasp of basketball.

That's funny, that sounds exactly like what I said in the "Dubs vs. Kings" thread. So, either I do know something about basketball or neither of us does.

Having said that, if he is not a "go to guy" then the Warriors should not have advertised him as such and paid him as much money as they did.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, that sounds exactly like what I said in the "Dubs vs. Kings" thread. So, either I do know something about basketball or neither of us does.

Having said that, if he is not a "go to guy" then the Warriors should not have advertised him as such and paid him as much money as they did.

He got market rate, that's how free agency works, you bid against the market, and if a guy is exactly what you need you pay him accordingly. One more reason to be glad the Warriors' front office knows about a thousand times more about running a basketball team than you do.

So I guess you've completely backed away from your hilarious contention that the Ws offseason moves didn't improve the team. Now you've shifted the goalposts to claiming they overpaid. You're still wrong, but still trollin' away.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got market rate, that's how free agency works, you bid against the market, and if a guy is exactly what you need you pay him accordingly. One more reason to be glad the Warriors' front office knows about a thousand times more about running a basketball team than you do.

So I guess you've completely backed away from your hilarious contention that the Ws offseason moves didn't improve the team. Now you've shifted the goalposts to claiming they overpaid. You're still wrong, but still trollin' away.

Ha ha! You are such a pedantic fool. No wonder you have to come over here and troll the Warriors board. They are tired of listening to you on the Giants board. Iguodala is not "exactly what they need" you dunce. What they need is a dominating presence in the middle who cannot only score but defend the rim as well........and please don't tell me Bogut is that guy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! You are such a pedantic fool. No wonder you have to come over here and troll the Warriors board. They are tired of listening to you on the Giants board. Iguodala is not "exactly what they need" you dunce. What they need is a dominating presence in the middle who cannot only score but defend the rim as well........and please don't tell me Bogut is that guy.

No. AI is exactly what they need. You have a problem with the team rebounding and defending. That's AI's strength. You want the team to take care of the ball and not turn it over. AI has been and is a fantastic passer and ball handler. You want someone who can finish strong at the rim? AI does that.

Seriously, out of all people I would think you would get how important Iguodala will be to this team going forward. You don't seem like you're a stat geek, which is why it's interesting to me that you believe Iguodala has been unimpressive. His weakside defense has been fantastic. He plays the passing lanes great and closes out on shooter so easily that it's probably easy to overlook.

On offense at times he's being the defacto point guard. Do you see how often he has the ball, with Klay and Curry coming off screens? Of course his points are down, because he's being relied upon more to facilitate than score. He's not only the backup PG, but many times he plays PG even with the first unit.

The Warriors having three glaring problems right now: Turnovers, Rebounding and Defense. Those are all strengths of Iguodala. Try concentrating on watching him for a half and see all the little things he does. You may not notice it, because honestly the Warriors haven't had a guy like him in a long time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. AI is exactly what they need. You have a problem with the team rebounding and defending. That's AI's strength. You want the team to take care of the ball and not turn it over. AI has been and is a fantastic passer and ball handler. You want someone who can finish strong at the rim? AI does that.

Seriously, out of all people I would think you would get how important Iguodala will be to this team going forward. You don't seem like you're a stat geek, which is why it's interesting to me that you believe Iguodala has been unimpressive. His weakside defense has been fantastic. He plays the passing lanes great and closes out on shooter so easily that it's probably easy to overlook.

On offense at times he's being the defacto point guard. Do you see how often he has the ball, with Klay and Curry coming off screens? Of course his points are down, because he's being relied upon more to facilitate than score. He's not only the backup PG, but many times he plays PG even with the first unit.

The Warriors having three glaring problems right now: Turnovers, Rebounding and Defense. Those are all strengths of Iguodala. Try concentrating on watching him for a half and see all the little things he does. You may not notice it, because honestly the Warriors haven't had a guy like him in a long time.

Why would you think that? Dude's a straight up idiot regarding basketball. And a grumpy old troll to boot.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao who expected igoudala to put up 25 points on this team??? He will put up a lot of 10-15 points 6-6-6-7 assists 5+ rebounds. Plays defense in his sleep. Should be on the all 2nd defensive team atleast!! If not the first. Oh he's still a great finisher too. Had the best percentage at the rim behind lebron

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now only turnovers and rebounding is the problem right now but I see that being a fluke. We were 2nd in rebounding behind Indiana last year. Defense is very good right now but can improve to close to elite levels

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst thread ever.

Ask the other 29 GMs in the league about Iguodala, see how many of them tell what what a tragedy it is for the Warriors.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst thread ever.

Ask the other 29 GMs in the league about Iguodala, see how many of them tell what what a tragedy it is for the Warriors.

No, worst poster ever. Every other post in this thread is correct re Iguodala's value, only TT (formerly NN) brings the dumb.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst thread ever.

Nuggets won 10 more games with iggy last year a franchise record... He is highly underrated

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets won 10 more games with iggy last year a franchise record... He is highly underrated

That's why I think this thread is ridiculous. I can't believe people are whining about acquiring him, he's a guy any team would want on its roster, who makes everyone around him better, and came here for less money that he was offered elsewhere. And he's already paying dividends with Barnes out because they don't lose a starter. You want to know what overpaying is? $6.3M per year for Jarrett Jack, or $6.5M per year for Carl Landry. That's basically his salary.

And 1 Iguodala > (1 Jack + 1 Landry).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think this thread is ridiculous. I can't believe people are whining about acquiring him, he's a guy any team would want on its roster, who makes everyone around him better, and came here for less money that he was offered elsewhere. And he's already paying dividends with Barnes out because they don't lose a starter. You want to know what overpaying is? $6.3M per year for Jarrett Jack, or $6.5M per year for Carl Landry. That's basically his salary.

And 1 Iguodala > (1 Jack + 1 Landry).

Look back, only one whiner on this board. He's a pretty good troll, look at all these posts he generated to draw attention.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will bow to your expertise in this area. I'd like to see some of that attacking the basket he was famous for in Philly though. The Warriors have no one who can do that. Both games I watched though I don't believe Iguodala even got to the foul line at all. He's popping threes....and not very effectively.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao who expected igoudala to put up 25 points on this team??? He will put up a lot of 10-15 points 6-6-6-7 assists 5+ rebounds. Plays defense in his sleep. Should be on the all 2nd defensive team atleast!! If not the first. Oh he's still a great finisher too. Had the best percentage at the rim behind lebron

Not as a Warrior; at least not so far. That is what we want to see from him.