• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, alright, break it up.

Mamba, our wins over Oregon were big stepping stones for our program and its national respect. It may be annoying to you since your team was at the losing end of the games, and you may laugh because BSU doesn't have many other games to talk about, but we are proud of those wins and there's nothing wrong with that. Trying to compare it with Oregons wins over Michigan is much different. A better comparison would be if the Ohio Bobcats did what the Ducks did to Michigan. A regional small school vs a major power player.

As for BSU vs UW, both of our recent match ups have been when both teams are in down years and the series is tied 1-1. I expect another close game, so it's funny to hear Wiz say UW will win big. Reminds me of the attitude another PNW fan base had about playing Boise...

This potential MW/PAC agreement would be good for both conferences. Adding an additional bowl game like the MW #1/#2 vs the PAC #3/#4 would be exciting and bring a good crowd, sharing officials would save a lot of money, and increasing OOC games makes geographical sense and would also save money. Another great thing they could do is set up an early season basketball challenge. That would be some of the most exciting CBB in the early season.

Well if you look at it that way I am sorry. Because Oregon wasnt king shit when they beat Michigan twice. THat was in my eyes very similar to Boise Ws over Oregon. Beating the winningest program in CFB history at home and trouncing em in the big house was a very big deal. ANd yes. We are proud of the victory. But once again, Michigan isnt on the schedule in the future. I or any other Duck fan I know isnt talking shit to Michigan cuz we dont have em scheduled....

I guess if I were Boise I may feel different...
Have fun with the win Boise....

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow. BOOM! Gracious that's some hilarious shit, Berkeley!!! And also the truth, not some hypothetical would have, should of, could of bullshit. It's what happened in reality. Fuck the lion's share of that dipshit fan base. All that said, I sure love watching them play. An exciting brand of ball, no doubt.

Well, I'll confess I look forward to watching Oregon games too. Also, Mamba is OK. He sent me a pm which was cool. :suds:

Whenever confused about fight etiquette, I reference the rule book below:

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

t0nyintransit

CBS Exile
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you look at it that way I am sorry. Because Oregon wasnt king shit when they beat Michigan twice. THat was in my eyes very similar to Boise Ws over Oregon. Beating the winningest program in CFB history at home and trouncing em in the big house was a very big deal. ANd yes. We are proud of the victory. But once again, Michigan isnt on the schedule in the future. I or any other Duck fan I know isnt talking shit to Michigan cuz we dont have em scheduled....

I guess if I were Boise I may feel different...
Have fun with the win Boise....
Well the big difference is that UO/BSU is regional. There are a lot of Duck alums in Boise and Bronco Nation has at least some presence in the PNW so you are going to hear a lot more banter than you would UO/UM. You don't see BSU pounding their chests at VT and Georgia fans either, but that's mostly because they respect the fact that Boise won fair and square. The Boise wins still seem to be a joke to many Oregon fans.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for BSU vs UW, both of our recent match ups have been when both teams are in down years and the series is tied 1-1. I expect another close game, so it's funny to hear Wiz say UW will win big. Reminds me of the attitude another PNW fan base had about playing Boise...
It's not out of disrespect tony. UW is coming off a year full of injuries and because they were forced to play quite a few kids early and now are getting all of the injured kids back, they end up with a crazy amount of depth. For example, they have 7 kids at the OG/OT slots who have 6 or more games started. Last year they didn't start the same 5 on the line for two games in a row until like week 8 or 9 and were a patch work the whole season.

The offense always starts and ends with line play and UW will be vastly improved there this season. Look at what Sankey was able to do even with a QB forcing things too much and a crappy/young line. What can he do with a full and experienced line and more options in the backfield besides just him?

Last year they pretty much only had KW and ASJ as receiving options. Johnson was hurt early, the freshmen weren't doing that well, and they just didn't have anyone else. This year they will have 2-3 others out of the gate that are viable threats.

With UW adding a new up tempo no huddle offense they are sure to give Boise looks they did not prepare for. There is no game film of the new look and that will give the edge to them for at least the first half. BSU will adjust and they are really good at doing that, but I still think their D will be on their heels much of the first half.

Then add that BSU isn't quite as good as they were a couple of years ago. I'm not saying they have fallen off the map, but they were a different team when the had Moore and we have seen them lose a few games you probably wouldn't have back then.

Yes, I fully and completely expect UW to not only win that game, but by double digits. When you combine the above with a defense that was vastly improved last year and appears to have taken more steps forward this spring you get a hungry team looking to take care of business.

The reason I see it being that bad of a loss is really the location. Teams for years have had to prepare for a game at UW by piping in music to get used to the noise, but no one has seen what that game is going to bring. It will be a guaranteed sell out, packed house. Take the noise of the old stadium and now move it 20y closer in every direction. The home field advantage for that game in particular will be as close as you get to having a home game in the post season. I just see the team feeding off that energy and taking advantage of miscues that are bound to happen on the BSU offense due to crowd noise.

If this same game was being played on a neutral site I'd still pick UW, but say it would be a close game and wouldn't expect either side to win by more than a TD. It's just that BSU is facing the perfect storm and that is just a daunting task for any team right out of the gate.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not out of disrespect tony. UW is coming off a year full of injuries and because they were forced to play quite a few kids early and now are getting all of the injured kids back, they end up with a crazy amount of depth. For example, they have 7 kids at the OG/OT slots who have 6 or more games started. Last year they didn't start the same 5 on the line for two games in a row until like week 8 or 9 and were a patch work the whole season.

The offense always starts and ends with line play and UW will be vastly improved there this season. Look at what Sankey was able to do even with a QB forcing things too much and a crappy/young line. What can he do with a full and experienced line and more options in the backfield besides just him?

Last year they pretty much only had KW and ASJ as receiving options. Johnson was hurt early, the freshmen weren't doing that well, and they just didn't have anyone else. This year they will have 2-3 others out of the gate that are viable threats.

With UW adding a new up tempo no huddle offense they are sure to give Boise looks they did not prepare for. There is no game film of the new look and that will give the edge to them for at least the first half. BSU will adjust and they are really good at doing that, but I still think their D will be on their heels much of the first half.

Then add that BSU isn't quite as good as they were a couple of years ago. I'm not saying they have fallen off the map, but they were a different team when the had Moore and we have seen them lose a few games you probably wouldn't have back then.

Yes, I fully and completely expect UW to not only win that game, but by double digits. When you combine the above with a defense that was vastly improved last year and appears to have taken more steps forward this spring you get a hungry team looking to take care of business.

The reason I see it being that bad of a loss is really the location. Teams for years have had to prepare for a game at UW by piping in music to get used to the noise, but no one has seen what that game is going to bring. It will be a guaranteed sell out, packed house. Take the noise of the old stadium and now move it 20y closer in every direction. The home field advantage for that game in particular will be as close as you get to having a home game in the post season. I just see the team feeding off that energy and taking advantage of miscues that are bound to happen on the BSU offense due to crowd noise.

If this same game was being played on a neutral site I'd still pick UW, but say it would be a close game and wouldn't expect either side to win by more than a TD. It's just that BSU is facing the perfect storm and that is just a daunting task for any team right out of the gate.

While I know UW will be stronger in August. So will Boise State.

Also, I guess there are somethings Husky fan hasn't considered. Last year Boise State had lost 17 starters and 12 of those to NFL rosters. Last year's Boise team was one of the youngest, most inexperienced teams in the nation.

Boise State will be much, much stronger in the fall. I expect Boise State to drop 35 to 40 on Washington. Also, Boise State returns one of the nation's top 10 scoring Defenses. A defense that treated UW QB like a rag doll in the bowl game.

Also, Chris Petersen is one of the best opening day game planners in the nation.

It should be a good game.

Prediction: Boise State over UW by 2 full scores. Boise State spoils and soils the opening day celebration at the new Husky Stadium

t0nyintransit

CBS Exile
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it will be loud. Yes, BSU faces a daunting task. Yes, UW is improved.

Yes, Boise has faced similar situations. Yes, CP can prepare for a game like no one else. Yes, BSU is improved.

You give great insight into the improvements UW has made, but you also don't seem to recognize that BSU has done the same. Last year was possibly the worst offense Boise has had under CP. Our QB play will have increased, we have good depth at RB, an experienced WR core, and a young but talented line. But again this year, our D will be the ones who will win more games for us. Our best defensive player, Demarcus Lawrence, was injured for the Vegas Bowl but is back at full strength to lead the charge of the rest of our insanely good DB's. And that Defensive line? One of the most experienced and talented groups in the country. I just don't see UW putting up too many points, but same can be said for BSU.

IMO, turnovers and special teams will decide this game. But, if Boise can do what they did against VT and Oregon and take the crowd out of it early (something they failed to do in East Lansing), then the game should be in their hands.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boise Oregon games were big for Boise, no doubt. but when not a single player is still on the team, when teams have gone through roughly 3 QB changes, when the student section at those games are all pretty much graduated (excpet for a Van Wilder type) then it is time to move on.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boise Oregon games were big for Boise, no doubt. but when not a single player is still on the team, when teams have gone through roughly 3 QB changes, when the student section at those games are all pretty much graduated (excpet for a Van Wilder type) then it is time to move on.

Would you believe me if I told you I was a Van Wilder type? Of course you would... 6 years for a BA baby:yahoo:

t0nyintransit

CBS Exile
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was our resident UW fan that brought up UO/BSU. Saying Oregon would prob put up 70 on Boise if they played again. Of course that will illicit responses from BSU fans.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, if this thread is any sort of indication -- Boise State and Oregon just need to get it on again.

dk14beso

dk14beso
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if Nike, Oregon is that town where 9 year olds work 15 hours a day pumping out athletic gear so Phil Knight can be king of the Cascades?

dk14beso

dk14beso
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for USC to travel to Laramie, Wyoming for a September game in the snow.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if Nike, Oregon is that town where 9 year olds work 15 hours a day pumping out athletic gear so Phil Knight can be king of the Cascades?

No its where my wife works in Beaverton....

Give it up beso...

dk14beso

dk14beso
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the WhiteMamba and Brock Strango, nobody can get a word in. One guy is a loser with lots of time on his hands sitting in a deluge and the other is a Sox fan hoping for spring to appear sometime in June.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the WhiteMamba and Brock Strango, nobody can get a word in. One guy is a loser with lots of time on his hands sitting in a deluge and the other is a Sox fan hoping for spring to appear sometime in June.

Thanks beso...:suds:

dk14beso

dk14beso
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome Mr. Mambo. I've caught your act on national radio from time to time and must admit that Nike does make some good stuff.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome Mr. Mambo. I've caught your act on national radio from time to time and must admit that Nike does make some good stuff.

Your supposed to keep that radio thing on the downlow Homie...

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you realize Nike hires more Accountants, Designers, Attorneys, Ad Agency Associates, etc... in USA than all other Sporting Goods companies combined. Know what you're talking about before you open a discussion you obviously are ill informed on.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best the MWC has barely beat the middle of the road team in the Pac last year as it was. Having them pair up more games would just end in a lot more blow outs. I honestly don't think BSU could beat even Oregon again. They aren't the team they were a few years ago and the ducks would be so hungry that it wouldn't shock me to see them run up 70 on the broncos.

Once you get past boise, the quality falls off fast. I'm not sure how many MWC teams would even beat Colorado or WSU.

You know, my old friend, Wiz, seems to have a real problem. His opinions keep getting in the way of the facts. So go back a few years, Wiz, and pull up actual games played by MWC teams against PAC teams. Guess which conference has the most wins? Hint, it isn't the PAC. Since 2006, the MWC has the most wins.

The fact is that even though the bad teams in the MWC aren't very good, the conference actually stacks up better than you'd think. These numbers are even more impressive when one considers that most of the MWC/PAC contests are in the PAC team's home field.

Tell you what, my friend. Let's just worry about Seattle this August. UW does have a strong team coming back, and Boise had a down year last year, they were only 11-2 which isn't good by their standards. I'm only worried about that opening game right now, the other stuff will come later. But look at it on the positive side, over the last 5 years, 4 of the AQ teams that Boise opened up the season to beat went on to win their respective conferences or divisions. (Oregon, twice, VT, Georgia). If you guys are really lucky, Boise wins, and you go on to take the division. That's a big win for both of us, yes?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if this thread is any sort of indication -- Boise State and Oregon just need to get it on again.

I bet the OP David had no idea that he would stir up a hornets nest with this thread... Too funny.. See what you caused Stanford David?!?!?!?!:laugh3: