• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Power Rankings Week 8

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More wild changes after this week's results

1. Fresno State - Can you believe this? I can't, right now Fresno State is playing as the best team in this conference. After how impressive Boise State's dominating victory was over San Diego State was, Fresno State turned around and was even more dominant. Their only losses are to Alabama and Washington and it's entirely possible that Fresno State is the best win both those teams have at this point.

2. Boise State - Looked incredibly sluggish in the first half against Wyoming, but dominated the 2nd half. An incredible 18 play, nearly 10 minute drive by Boise State kept the score from being even worse. Boise State has yet another test this time on the road against Utah State, a place that has not been good to them.

3. Colorado State - Colorado State is actually on a 4 game winning streak, and they have tested Alabama more than any other team outside of Texas A&M but Colorado State has looked more flawed with each passing week as they once again barely won against a lower team in the conference. They face Air Force next.

4. San Diego State - Back to back losses have absolutely ruined what looked set to be a special season for San Diego State, all of a sudden San Diego State has come from a New Years 6 bowl bid to not even winning their division. Fresno State now has a two game lead plus tiebreaker, so San Diego State's season is done. Hawai'i this week should...I say should ease these issues but it is on the road who knows.

5. Wyoming - Their offense once again struggled against Boise State, this seems like the range for them. Wyoming has a solid defense but there's not much help around Josh Allen and they seem like a team in this range of the conference. Up next is New Mexico at home.

6. Utah State - Utah State beat UNLV, which also means that they blew out UNLV. Every single win by this team has been in blowout fashion, none less than 16 points. Their last two losses have been by 13 or less points though. If they're better than you they will destroy you, so far if not it seems to result in a loss. Hosting Boise State this week could change that.

7. New Mexico - They looked a little better losing in a close game to Colorado State but New Mexico needs to come up with some more wins if they plan on making a bowl, 3 of their final 5 games are against teams higher than them in these rankings...and another is against Texas A&M... Wyoming is first of these games.

8. Air Force - Air Force has won two in the row, but it seems like they have absolutely cratered defensively as they barely beat Nevada in a 45-42 shootout. Now they face Colorado State on the road.

9. Nevada - On the other hand I guess Nevada is starting to figure things out a little bit, at least on the offensive end. In the past three weeks they beat Hawai'i by two scores, and lost by 2 and 3 points in shootouts to Colorado State and Air Force respectively. Now they get a bye week prior to a game against Boise State.

10. UNLV - They were blown out 52-28 by Utah State and this was overall a complete collapse for UNLV for the 2nd week in a row. They seem to have an early burst and fall apart. UNLV led 28-14 and gave up 38 unanswered. That's after giving up 27 unanswered to blow a 30-7 lead on Air Force last week. UNLV plays Fresno State on the road next which is suddenly rough, but the road eases up significantly after.

11. Hawai'i - They had a bye week, and boy did this team need it. Now they host San Diego State which might not help anything...of course anything better than the 55-0 beating they took last year would be an improvement.

12. San Jose State - San Jose State had the best week they've had in a while, mostly because they didn't actually take the field against an opposing team. They play BYU next in a battle of complete misery.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gave the kiss of death to poor Fresno State.