• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Power Rankings Week 1

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start doing these again, I stopped mid-season last year because Boise State's performance depressed me.
Actual rankings coming in a moment I started posting them and then it posted for some reason I have no idea how

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. San Diego State - Handled business but we'll finally see if they're any different than the usual San Diego State teams when they play Cal

2. Boise State- handled business but Washington State will be a huge challenge despite their FCS loss.

3. Air Force- not the most impressive score who knows if they ran a vanilla offense or not though

4. Utah State - strong debut but it was against a FCS team, let's see if they can put up a decent effort against USC

5. New Mexico - New Mexico ran for 428 yards in their opener against South Dakota, wasn't eye popping but no reason to move them down.

6. Wyoming - Most surprising MWC effort from week 1 comes from Wyoming who stunned Northern Illinois a team usually at the top of the MAC, Wyoming is clearly better remains to be seen if they have the depth to keep playing well, for now hopefully they avoid getting destroyed too badly this week.

7. UNLV- Very dominate effort but it was a fcs opponent, lets see if they don't lose too badly to UCLA this week.

8. Nevada - took off to an early lead but nearly blew the game against Cal Poly and had to survive in overtime, Notre Dame is going to do some horrible things to them this weekend.

9. Fresno State- hung in for a half against Nebraska, that's progress at least

10. San Jose State - thought they may be the most improved MWC team but they were destroyed by Tulsa

11. Colorado State - They got embarrassed by Colorado, QB situation looks like a mess

12. Hawai'i - It's tough to judge them yet, the amount of travel and different time zones they dealt with these first two weeks is unreal.